Chobbles Endless Indoor Grow and 2012 Summer Outdoor Grow!

• Thread starter Chobble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chobble

Chobble

Hi Chobble... Everything looks fine as kind! Keep up the hard work! I was wondering about your Strawberry cough Mom.. Is she from seed or clone? If she is from seed do you know the breeder? Maybe if she was a clone you know her lineage?? I'm trying to find the best SC to run from beans. Thanks for any help!

Peace
OC

My Strawberry cough was kind of a challenge to find. I smoked some fine bud here in town. I then had to track down its grower, only to find out that he was an old hippy living in the hills growing this strain for a good 15 years. He had a really good pheno last summer and after helping him a bit in the garden he passed on the genetics to me. Super stolked to have em.

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

IMAG0007

Two cute little Harliquin babies kicking it in the ground. I felt kind of bad getting them in small pots for so long. Hopefully they'll put out some pretty little buds :D Pretty little buds full of medicine.

IMAG0008

The bigger Harliquin is right there. Im trying to spread it out so I fed it through the tomato cage.

IMAG0009 1

Last but not least the Purple Indica is big and mean!

The Strawberry cough is having mold problems. I didnt get a good picture of it and am holding out for when I locate the camera again.

Chobble

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What kind of mold, Chobble? Do you have anything on hand that you're using? This is the year for 'fermented' plant extracts, making use of what I literally have on hand around me. Woolly mullein, some kind of oxalis species, yarrow, comfrey, lavender. I've also added Sea-90 to my regimen and have halted blossom end rot on some squashes & tomatoes, and of course have to give it to my girls who seem to be appreciating it. I need to get down into the garden and take some pictures but OHMYGODIT'SSOFUCKINGHOT! 75*F@8am in the California mountains a tropical day does not make, it intimates that today will be a brutally hot, searing, scorching kind of day. The eggplants and peppers are in heaven.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
What kind of mold, Chobble? Do you have anything on hand that you're using? This is the year for 'fermented' plant extracts, making use of what I literally have on hand around me. Woolly mullein, some kind of oxalis species, yarrow, comfrey, lavender. I've also added Sea-90 to my regimen and have halted blossom end rot on some squashes & tomatoes, and of course have to give it to my girls who seem to be appreciating it. I need to get down into the garden and take some pictures but OHMYGODIT'SSOFUCKINGHOT! 75*F@8am in the California mountains a tropical day does not make, it intimates that today will be a brutally hot, searing, scorching kind of day. The eggplants and peppers are in heaven.

We're feeling our CA brothers and sisters for sure. A summer of 90-100 degree days. . . In the Rockies!

outwest

Chobble

Chobble

Its mostly brown bud rut I dont remember the exact name of the mold off the top of my head. Its the most prevelent type of mold I see here and in other gardens in the county. Ill take some pictures if more pop's up.

As for preventitives I havnt really had a lot of extra cash on hand. I was thinking about going with the unpasturized goat milk but the proffesor I had that raises goats for milk has been out of town for the last 3 weeks.

Any recommendations? I've been operating under the logic that my plants sit in the fog for half the day so I dont want to add any extra moisture.

Chobble

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Eeee... you know what? With bud rot, I'd be willing to experiment, such as with isopropyl. You might be able to stop progression, but I'd only experiment on one plant/branch. Actinovate was the other thing I was going to suggest.

Chobble

Chobble

Eeee... you know what? With bud rot, I'd be willing to experiment, such as with isopropyl. You might be able to stop progression, but I'd only experiment on one plant/branch. Actinovate was the other thing I was going to suggest.
Interesting whats your dosage with ispropyl? and how should I apply that?

Help is very aprrciated :D
Chobble

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
50:50 is where I think I might start, but what if you just applied it straight? The bud that's affected with rot is gone, no matter what, but maybe the iso will kill some of that fungus and allow the buds a chance to recover. Spray with iso only, it should evaporate quickly and if you use 91% then there's even less water in it. Maybe you could even just bend a bud over and dip it in it, see what happens.

Spray, dip if possible, I've used both of those methods, but for spider mite control using the iso and for PM control using OxiDate.

Chobble

Chobble

50:50 is where I think I might start, but what if you just applied it straight? The bud that's affected with rot is gone, no matter what, but maybe the iso will kill some of that fungus and allow the buds a chance to recover. Spray with iso only, it should evaporate quickly and if you use 91% then there's even less water in it. Maybe you could even just bend a bud over and dip it in it, see what happens.

Spray, dip if possible, I've used both of those methods, but for spider mite control using the iso and for PM control using OxiDate.

Oxidate is your go to for PM treatment at the moment to ehh? Alright thanks Seamaiden :D Im headed to the store to get my mold fighting methods. Ill post some pictures of what I try on my plants.

Chobble

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
For indoor applications, yes, OxiDate is my go-to. Outdoor, because I *must* control drift when using it outside, and it can be quite difficult, not so much.

Best of luck!

Chobble

Chobble

For indoor applications, yes, OxiDate is my go-to. Outdoor, because I *must* control drift when using it outside, and it can be quite difficult, not so much.

Best of luck!

Alright sweet. So I treated a mold spot with the iso alch yesterday. The end result was what looked to be "hair" left where the mold was. Normally for mold treatment I operate surgery and apply some grafting solution that helps seal the wound. Im taking the same approach this time with the iso alchohol. Hoping if I cut it away and keep nuking it with the alchohol that it may stop spreading. Its clearly systemic in atleast two plants though, a lot of the re-vegging branches all came out in one cluster, making it so that the point where they all come out can get very moldy and be difficult for me to see. That point also makes it so I have to cut off all the branches. I also cant just shave away some if their are 10 branches around the area.

Im stuck between a rock and a hard place, being super vigiliant for this stuff. I may also try that Horsetail extract... I just havnt been out to collect any.

Chobble

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I wouldn't know where to look that I could actually get to for horsetail, and I'm not able to instantly grow all these other plants that offer benefits. So I raided the local health food shop and an outfit called Mountain Rose Herbs.

It just occurred to me as well that methylene blue is used in aquatics *and* surgery as a fungicide and indicator of infected flesh, as it's a very dark stain/dye. I have no idea if it has any place in the botanical world, but I thought I'd throw that out there. Don't get it on clothing you like.

I really hope you can get this mold beaten!

Chobble

Chobble

I wouldn't know where to look that I could actually get to for horsetail, and I'm not able to instantly grow all these other plants that offer benefits. So I raided the local health food shop and an outfit called Mountain Rose Herbs.

It just occurred to me as well that methylene blue is used in aquatics *and* surgery as a fungicide and indicator of infected flesh, as it's a very dark stain/dye. I have no idea if it has any place in the botanical world, but I thought I'd throw that out there. Don't get it on clothing you like.

I really hope you can get this mold beaten!

It grows wild on the hillside below the WAMM Garden. Im going to jump out of the car and cut a bunch down. A polish Hemp breeder recommended it to us as a mold treatment hopefully that'll work. I do believe the also use Methylene blue in our special grafting syrup at the WAMM garden.

Horsetail also likes to grow under redwoods in a more damp area if you go looking for this.

Chobble

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
An organic/permie fellow I know from a couple of other forums is a huge advocate for horsetail tea or fermented plant extract as a mold preventative and treatment, as well as a good Si supplement.

Sir Puffs Alott

Sir Puffs Alott

View attachment 240861

Two cute little Harliquin babies kicking it in the ground. I felt kind of bad getting them in small pots for so long. Hopefully they'll put out some pretty little buds :D Pretty little buds full of medicine.

View attachment 240862

The bigger Harliquin is right there. Im trying to spread it out so I fed it through the tomato cage.

View attachment 240863

Last but not least the Purple Indica is big and mean!

The Strawberry cough is having mold problems. I didnt get a good picture of it and am holding out for when I locate the camera again.

Chobble

I also see a :eek: little piggy :confused: in the first pic. :rolleyes:
Sweet lookin' plants. ;)

Chobble

Chobble

Howdy All! Everything is in full swing right now :D The harliquin are the most advanced into flower with the OG and bubba right behind, Which is good because the weather has been great. The Strawberry cough is getting its ass kicked by mold. Im treating multiple branches that have mold, the spores are being repelled but I know its systemic. So who knows if they'll make it to harvest time. Ispropyl seems to have gotten me the best results in fighting it With only a little mold appearing on the largest and original treatment spot. Other spots have reared there heads and I have begun treating somewhat same response as other spots. All on the same plant.

I stopped ispropyl for two days and begun treating with horsetail extract the mold came back more then ever.

Anyways the garden is growing and Im sorry I have no pictures for you. The camera is mia likely on vacation with a family member...

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

Finally got my hands on a camera...

Most of the indoor at the moment is dedicating to my breeding projects at the moment. So for now my dairy will have to just be my outdoor plants.. Check out my post in the breeding lab theres a lot of good stuff in there.

DSC03086

First off, Caregiverkens strain Bubba Gold (Bubba K x Himalayan Gold) getting massive. Its only in a 30 Gallon pot too. Im kind of worried that it has grown through the bottle of the smart pot though, If so its no worry I just get to buy more smart pots.

DSC03087

You can see one of the mold spots on a branch in this picture. Molds been a big problem on this plants. Im trying to fight it back but half the branches have a spot of mold.

DSC03088

Another strawberry cough, not doing nearly as bad..

DSC03090

Two Harli babies I toss in the ground the other week.

DSC03091

The harliquin is getting big and so are its nugs! It's had some very large grasshoppers move into it. I've only seen 4-5 but there are little holes in the leaves. As far as Im concerned Im going to pull them off anyways so they can munch on if they want. Im not even sure if they're the ones doing the munching. The harliquin is going to be the first thing I harvest though. That or the Bubba K I got from CGK.

DSC03093

Top half of the Purple Indica. Infront of it theres a bunch of tomato's and a harliquin so it's a little hard tosee but its a big boy! Five feet wide and about five feet tall.

DSC03092
DSC03094
Top Bottom