dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

240 watt black star on the way fuul grow journal
deciding on two of these in a 4*4 or add a 600 watt hps switchable mh hps
with cfl or something

C

Cereall

sweet you will need at least 2 blackstars, i would lean towards 3

I am growing in 4x4 tent for my first all LED grow also and throwing 4 lights in there, each 180watts

i think your blackstar draws only 140watts so i would pick up a few more to fully cover that grow space

or like you said, a HPS light mixed with LED make for some extremely frosty buds...

dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

you get those wifi local also?
at the bottom of the hydro ad it says 250 watt
got it for a realy good deal
they got 600 watt dimmable hps /mh for the cheapest ive seen
you think 2 of those and 1 6oo hps
how many you runnin in the tent

dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

i say its 600 watt led equals a 1000 hps from the videos i see

C

Cereall

Yeah that its how blackstar advertises. The rate the max wattage. If you get a hps and 2 leds, that would be killer, otherwise you should have 3/4 of the black stars.

M

moonie

I run my room with 1 1000watt, 2 180 watt blackstars, and a little 90 watt blackstar. The LEDs have added about an average of 16 grams per plant at harvest so far, I've only harvested 3 since I've put the lights in. The trich production has gone through the roof, oil% returns are awesome. I plan on putting the 90 watt in my veg cab and putting another 180 watt model in the flower area. I really dig the blackstars.

dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

I run my room with 1 1000watt, 2 180 watt blackstars, and a little 90 watt blackstar. The LEDs have added about an average of 16 grams per plant at harvest so far, I've only harvested 3 since I've put the lights in. The trich production has gone through the roof, oil% returns are awesome. I plan on putting the 90 watt in my veg cab and putting another 180 watt model in the flower area. I really dig the blackstars.
were are you gettin yours from

M

moonie

I actually got em from Gotham hydro, I know some folks have recently ran into some problems though??? backorders on the 240 models and such

dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

thats where i ordered my 240 from backorder was only 2 days
def cheapest on lots of stuff

321abc

They are all about the same, crap.

Please post your results with your experimentation if you decide to go that route.
Thats not very positive lol.

Ive seen some good journals with some and not so good with others. All dependant on the farmers needs. Sure they are nowhere near comparative to HPS but give them time, they are now better than what they were a year ago, and will be better again in a year from now.

On a side note, when was the last major imrovement on a HPS globe, and I mean major?

dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

Thats not very positive lol.

Ive seen some good journals with some and not so good with others. All dependant on the farmers needs. Sure they are nowhere near comparative to HPS but give them time, they are now better than what they were a year ago, and will be better again in a year from now.

On a side note, when was the last major imrovement on a HPS globe, and I mean major?
dual arc mh and hps combined

S

Spuzzum

the price for all those leds would cover several months worth of electric

Think of it this way... do you smoke cigarettes? Here in Vancouver, they're about $10 a pack. I quit 3 years ago, but if I still smoked, it was about a pack a day.. that would be $300 a month.. just in tobacco. Drink beer? A 6 pack is about $10 as well.. for cheap shit. If you live up here, and you're a hockey fan.. that's $80 a month, for a 6 pack per game, of a double header on Hockey Night In Canada.. 5 to 6 hours, 4 Saturday's a month. Go to the bar? That's at least $50 a night.

3 months of tobacco, 18 outings to the bar, or 1 season of Hockey Night In Canada would pay for a pretty decent panel.

ps:

substitute NFL Sundays for Hockey Saturdays if that's your thing... :).

cheers........

J

JonDoe

im brand new to this whole led stuff.i got to plug in a sg1250ho.whole shit! 50watt silcone waffers,3watt singles 1200watts & supposed to only draw 3.?amps.
im used to runing bare bulb & this is just as intence or even more so.
$3200.00msrp.but cum talk to us & will get u a discount.no pics cant figure out what i did with pic but ill get better one soon.

C

CereaLED

even if it draws 3.9 amps... at a whopping 122v which most houses seem to be... that is only 475.8 watts of actual draw... 6.99$ pre watt is way expensive lol most other top LED manufacturers are around like 2.5$ per watt... so yeah... about triple price of like Growledhydro which is an awesome LED light

would love to see pics though

J

JonDoe

why has all auto industery moved to led's?

1250ho is the industreys best hands down.
pleaze show me another set up 560-580watt total draw pulling 540-560grams.
u cant compare hps 2 led . two diffrent animals.(more potency?still waiting on samples)(little 2 no heat)(life of bulbs)
up untill i saw this with my own eyes. I used to bash leds all day so im now one of the converted.shit anyone want 4 600w lumateks & ushios.hahaha.:anim_09:just kiddingSG 1250 HO
•Wattage – 1,200 watts;
actual power draw 580 watts*
•3.5 amps @ 220V; 6.5 amps @ 110V
•Spectrum of Light - 455-475nm,
620-630nm, 660nm and bright white
•Effective Area of Coverage – 4' x 6'
•Lifespan – 50,000-100,000 hours
•Dimensions – 22" x 30" x 8"
The SG 1250 HO is for commercial growers who absolutely must have high yields, high quality but do not wish to suffer from expensive power bills, excessive heat problems, or an overworked power box. The SG 1250 HO provides better coverage area, better canopy penetration, and significantly higher light output than any other light on the market.

Stealth grow 1200w LED light panel SG1250HO
S

Spuzzum

•Wattage – 1,200 watts;
•actual power draw 580 watts*

*LED wattage is calculated by the number of chips multiplied by the wattage of that chip. However, this number does not represent the actual wattage draw of Stealth Grow LED light panels. In most cases the actual wattage draw is considerably less than the traditionally calculated wattage.

So, in other words, the unit is "capable" of 1200w, but the current's been reduced by a little more than 50%. It's not running at full capacity.. correct?

So really still a 580w, not a 1200w.

:passingjoint:

J

JonDoe

as i posted befor im brandnew to this L.E.D tech. please school me. can u point out something comparable until sunlight supply drops theres.jk. or am I.:bong-hits:

C

CereaLED

*LED wattage is calculated by the number of chips multiplied by the wattage of that chip. However, this number does not represent the actual wattage draw of Stealth Grow LED light panels. In most cases the actual wattage draw is considerably less than the traditionally calculated wattage.

So, in other words, the unit is "capable" of 1200w, but the current's been reduced by a little more than 50%. It's not running at full capacity.. correct?

So really still a 580w, not a 1200w.

:passingjoint:

While an individual LED is say 3w which is the most common high powered led us consumers see

if you have 200 of these chips your light is a 600w peak draw... follow me...?

NOW... with LEDs, you cant run at full power as the heat from that will skew the wavelength and it will be out of spec, not to mention the addition heat will drastically shorten the life of the LEDs. Most of the time the LED will take about 1.6-1.8w each (depending on manufacturer and wavelength of that LED)

So a 3w light with 200 LEDs will have an actual draw of around 330w due to the fans and the LEDs run at less than peak power (which every manufacturer does, just depends how their company advertises their lights rating)

L

Lost

So in other words, the leds are not made for our application and they have to be run at less than optimal wattages to get the correct wavelegnth.

Sounds perfectly logical..

Not so much, hahaha!

So how to you believe lumen or par ratings? The led is not running at its max potential but I guarntee you thats what they are advertising. What a crock of shit.

convex

convex

So don't advertise a 560 watt as a 1200 watt (equivalent), call it what is is so folks can make true comparisons ... simple ain't it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom