Chop Chop? Anyone that would wait longer?

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

I know looking at the overall plant can help too...but just based on these trichomes which progressed quickly in just 2 days...this is the top cola...thinking of waiting until the lower main colas look like this and chopping. Thinking 2-3 days tops. That way I’ll have 1 top cola possibly a little over ripe, mid colas dead on, and popcorn buds a little underripe.

Curious to hear you guy’s thoughts...fyi, the Amber is not from damage.
376DB3AB D6B1 4583 B0BE FBC5358FAA32

2Bad

2Bad

I know looking at the overall plant can help too...but just based on these trichomes which progressed quickly in just 2 days...this is the top cola...thinking of waiting until the lower main colas look like this and chopping. Thinking 2-3 days tops. That way I’ll have 1 top cola possibly a little over ripe, mid colas dead on, and popcorn buds a little underripe.

Curious to hear you guy’s thoughts...fyi, the Amber is not from damage.
View attachment 1217412
I can see a bit of amber tho looks like its ready

Edit: drop a pic of the nug

Dothraki

Dothraki

Why don’t you selectively harvest and let everybody finish? as opposed to the rare/medium/well done approach, lol.
Well...I thought about it, problem is my humidity is so low in the house (struggling to bring it up to 40%) that I’d like to dry The Whole plant intact...and plus that would mean chopping the main cola, this plant was a herm too so I don’t want it to stop ripening and start throwing balls or nanners. Not sure if it would...

Dothraki

Dothraki

I would chop at about this point — a few amber trichs start to appear on calyxes.

You might consider leaving a branch with a half decent bud or two on it, and let it go until there's more amber. See if you like it better.
Wouldn’t that stress the plant to where it would stop maturing?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
it all depends on what you want from your weed.

have you read the pinned posts here on it? very informative.

Mugwort

Mugwort

Out of the hundreds of trichomes displayed in your field of view I see less than a half dozen that are amber. I would probably start my flush in about a week giving your buds three more weeks to mature.

Dothraki

Dothraki

it all depends on what you want from your weed.

have you read the pinned posts here on it? very informative.

Yes... but I think l a lot of info is misunderstood and incorrect. For instance, cloudy is what you want, not amber. In a perfect world you could have all cloudy with no amber but that doesn’t happen so people use amber as a way to easily see how ripe they are, and generally when you get ambers you have mostly cloudy. I think that’s where the amber deal comes from.

BUT.... I don’t ever think you would want amber. If you want a sleepy high grow an indica and if you want an up high grow a sativa.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Out of the hundreds of trichomes displayed in your field of view I see less than a half dozen that are amber. I would probably start my flush in about a week giving your buds three more weeks to mature.
I think the first pic looks perfectly ripe. If I let it go more than another week I’d have a lot of over ripe bud at the rate it’s ripening.

Last edited:
Dothraki

Dothraki

You're not going to? how come
No need to. The plant already begins senescence without the need to flush...plus I don’t plan on ever using the rest of these nutes so might as well use em up to keep the PH stable.

Dothraki

Dothraki

My buds look kinda funny huh? It’s like they‘re straight outta LittleBigPlanet. I assumed that’s a type of foxtailing, towering like that, but I’m not positive. I don’t think it’s seeded either. Sure looks odd though.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Nice! so do you basically just cut stalks of what you want (most ripened) then let the rest continue?
I would.

Some of your pictures show a bit of amber. Many show what I see as clear and cloudy with no amber. Cut a few that show amber and let it dry. You're far enough along that even if you did throw a male flower, seeds are unlikely to form.

Mugwort

Mugwort

Yes... but I think l a lot of info is misunderstood and incorrect. For instance, cloudy is what you want, not amber. In a perfect world you could have all cloudy with no amber but that doesn’t happen so people use amber as a way to easily see how ripe they are, and generally when you get ambers you have mostly cloudy. I think that’s where the amber deal comes from.

BUT.... I don’t ever think you would want amber. If you want a sleepy high grow an indica and if you want an up high grow a sativa.
Then why did you ask?

Top Bottom