Chop Chop? Anyone that would wait longer?

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sharty1

Sharty1

No need to. The plant already begins senescence without the need to flush...plus I don’t plan on ever using the rest of these nutes so might as well use em up to keep the PH stable.
I thought you flushed to also remove nutes from the buds so you didn't end up smoking nutes. Just feed molasses during flush.

Winterone

Winterone

I thought you flushed to also remove nutes from the buds so you didn't end up smoking nutes. Just feed molasses during flush.
flushing and then letting it use what it has, is what people do when they flush. they just don't make the connection between withholding the nutes in the first place or washing them down the drain.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I wont be flushing. It does nothing but deprive the plant of anything the roots are still needing. Nothing is flushed out of the plant, doesn’t work like that but is a very common misconception.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Topped once then just Lst the branches open in a pleasing way. I lst the main at 45 and top it once. You can see how it leans.
Then work the branches so they all get light. This is where the defoil works by letting in more light. Idea, to expose potential buds here is a closeup but it barely shows the nice way each stem will develop
How long did you wait until topping, did you lst the 45* angle before topping?

Winterone

Winterone

How long did you wait until topping, did you lst the 45* angle before topping?
When it was about 3-4 nodes? It just looked big enough to give a good lean without stress then next day topped it. So the 2 branches are forced to angle up and on this one I just arched them and the other branches pulled down kind of a star the popcorn branches at the bottom are the ones rising straight up sort of. Its fun to see what you can do.
After you have yourself enough of high thc bigg monster colas etc, etc. You start to really enjoy it.
Pink kush

20220122 211808
Dothraki

Dothraki

When it was about 3-4 nodes? It just looked big enough to give a good lean without stress then next day topped it. So the 2 branches are forced to angle up and on this one I just arched them and the other branches pulled down kind of a star the popcorn branches at the bottom are the ones rising straight up sort of. Its fun to see what you can do.
After you have yourself enough of high thc bigg monster colas etc, etc. You start to really enjoy it.
Pink kush
That’s cool, looks a lot easier to manage too...instead of trying to contain a big wild jungle bush in a tent in the basement.

Winterone

Winterone

That’s cool, looks a lot easier to manage too...instead of trying to contain a big wild jungle bush in a tent in the basement.
granted that pink is a small auto but the flowers were nice and it had a bigger than life turpine profile! This is a CBD plant and auto genes make it, well mature faster? they don't get crazy big.
yeah manage the heck out of your gurls. they can take it. but now you have seen how they grow. on the next you'll learn more and you'll be growing the plant the way you want to not the way it wants to. they can do their own thing outside.
my most difficult task to get my head around was defoliating, so afraid of hurting it. So I started slow taking the big fans then the next set, now I just leave what I think is going to let it grow the best, from experience. Good luck on your next grow. You're doing great

R

rolandrog

Yes... but I think l a lot of info is misunderstood and incorrect. For instance, cloudy is what you want, not amber. In a perfect world you could have all cloudy with no amber but that doesn’t happen so people use amber as a way to easily see how ripe they are, and generally when you get ambers you have mostly cloudy. I think that’s where the amber deal comes from.

BUT.... I don’t ever think you would want amber. If you want a sleepy high grow an indica and if you want an up high grow a sativa.
Dude, I'm growing a sativa plant right now. I cut all the flowers off but the bottom 2ft down. The first cut I did at 10 weeks flower stage. I began flushing two weeks ago and most of the leaves are discolored. I still have over half the leaves on the lower part green. I just gave is 5-1-1 fish fertilizer with 1/2 tsp P-K mineral rock, and of course cal-mag supplement. All of my first flowers are milky white with a few ambers. Now, the existing flowers are still mostly with little amber and its four days from the initial harvest. My plant seems to be in slow motion lol. Not drinking as much water.
My goal is to get ALL ambers, hoping that everything (THC, CBD) turns to CBN. I want to be able to smoke hits of the last harvest and sleep walk to my bed. lmao rofl. I don't know the outcome of letting these buds grow until the plant dies; but, its exciting to find out.

Dothraki

Dothraki

granted that pink is a small auto but the flowers were nice and it had a bigger than life turpine profile! This is a CBD plant and auto genes make it, well mature faster? they don't get crazy big.
yeah manage the heck out of your gurls. they can take it. but now you have seen how they grow. on the next you'll learn more and you'll be growing the plant the way you want to not the way it wants to. they can do their own thing outside.
my most difficult task to get my head around was defoliating, so afraid of hurting it. So I started slow taking the big fans then the next set, now I just leave what I think is going to let it grow the best, from experience. Good luck on your next grow. You're doing great
Awesome, thanks for all the tips it surely does help! Next grow will be interesting, training wise lol. But also I’ll most likely move to soil with a different nutrient....all in all, still a lot to learn. Yours is looking nice!!

Dude, I'm growing a sativa plant right now. I cut all the flowers off but the bottom 2ft down. The first cut I did at 10 weeks flower stage. I began flushing two weeks ago and most of the leaves are discolored. I still have over half the leaves on the lower part green. I just gave is 5-1-1 fish fertilizer with 1/2 tsp P-K mineral rock, and of course cal-mag supplement. All of my first flowers are milky white with a few ambers. Now, the existing flowers are still mostly with little amber and its four days from the initial harvest. My plant seems to be in slow motion lol. Not drinking as much water.
My goal is to get ALL ambers, hoping that everything (THC, CBD) turns to CBN. I want to be able to smoke hits of the last harvest and sleep walk to my bed. lmao rofl. I don't know the outcome of letting these buds grow until the plant dies; but, its exciting to find out.
Thats cool! It’ll be an interesting experiment. I usually gravitate towards indica dominant varietals for sleep but curious to know how the sativa with amber turns out!

Winterone

Winterone

Think it came out nice not as strong as I think it could have been. Nice though.
Turns purple when you mix it with water and has a really floral nose.

Dothraki

Dothraki

pink kush cbd infusion in everclear. not really for drinking straight
Awesome! Looks so clean and not green...also it’s red hahaha. You must’ve done this before huh. Hook me up with some tips.

Top Bottom