Chow mix Chow mix Chow mix

• Thread starter yayarea
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hey tty, if you dont mind, how much EWC do you put on top of the chow and how often?? I like how you got chow and organics to work with RDWC and synthetics, really cool.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Is chow mix reusable like coco, just enyzme and flush and re plant? If I ran 4 plants per 1000w, drain to waste in 10g smart pots, 50/50 canna coco/ hydroton, fed 2 to 4 times a day depending on stage. Would this be optimal?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Is chow mix reusable like coco, just enyzme and flush and re plant? If I ran 4 plants per 1000w, drain to waste in 10g smart pots, 50/50 canna coco/ hydroton, fed 2 to 4 times a day depending on stage. Would this be optimal?

Sounds great to me, try it and let us know how it turns out. As for reusing, yes, you can reuse chow mix, I would cut out root balls and get any big chunks of roots out then add some fresh chow mix to fill in the little loss, then flush with whatever enzyme you have.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Thanks lex, I just started a pheno hunt with sin city gear going to do 8 true power OG's, 8 blue power F2's for my first chow run. Ive ran coco for quite awhile, would you recommend still running calmag like pure coco or should I cut my usage in half or completely cut it out my regiment? Been running pure coco under horizontals in both my rooms since 05 and just decided to change one room to chow under adjustawings and the other to a vert/horizontal setup but cant make up my mind if I should run a UC in that room or 25g chow pots 75% hydroton? Still a little hesitant to run the UC as to all the nightmares I hear about.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Thanks lex, I just started a pheno hunt with sin city gear going to do 8 true power OG's, 8 blue power F2's for my first chow run. Ive ran coco for quite awhile, would you recommend still running calmag like pure coco or should I cut my usage in half or completely cut it out my regiment? Been running pure coco under horizontals in both my rooms since 05 and just decided to change one room to chow under adjustawings and the other to a vert/horizontal setup but cant make up my mind if I should run a UC in that room or 25g chow pots 75% hydroton? Still a little hesitant to run the UC as to all the nightmares I hear about.

I don't use Cal-Mag supplements because I use GH Micro which has N and Ca at the same percentage (ppm). My advice would be to use whatever you need so your N and Ca levels are as close as possible.

Adjust-a-Wings are great hoods. I've never ran a UC system so your gonna have to go with what you decide. But I will say if I had the space, I would definitely run a 4 site UC along my normal coco/perlite grow to get a gauge on how it performs and so I could get experience using a RDWC system.

I think deciding on what to use between a UC system or 75/25 hydroton/coco chow mix setup is mostly personal preference. But there are pros and cons for both setups and everybody has there own opinion, which will differ depending on who you talk to. Like I said before, if I had enough space, I would run a 4 site UC just to get started with the RDWC, but also have the majority of my plants in coco/perlite, just to keep it safe until I felt comfortable using a UC system because it would be my first time using a RDWC system. Again, good luck and let us know what you decide.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

That makes sense, whats your reasoning behind keeping nitrogen and calcium levels fairly even? You got me interested. I usually only used calmag in pure coco for half a cycle to begin with. None ever again after the first time recycling the coco. Id love to run a UC and I already have a 1/2 hp chiller that I havent touched in over a year, so thats kind of pushing me towards it. Im just really concerned about root issues in a rdwc BUT after seeing my buddy crush run after run with pearly whites in the UC using caps bennies and cc nutes it has me ready. Ive made my mind up for certain now Im going to replace one rooms beds with four 10g 50/50 chow pots per adjustawing. And going to keep running my beds in the other room under the awings this run but replace 2 of the beds with a 6 site 13g UC under horizontals as well. That way I can get the hang of her before I jump all in. No verts this run but once I get the UC dialed who knows. Maybe next run space out my centers to 65" on the 6 site and hang the whole 8kw vert on it, who knows?

Top Bottom