Chrome's mpb

• Thread starter chrometrichs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Hey burn.
If you could use a window mount.
It would be better/ portables use a ton of electric.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
unfortunately not a option boss,what do ya think if forced to go that route?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

How bout a widow unit, mounted into a wooden box, with a fan cooling system for the exhaust of the unit. I'm pretty sure I saw someone running that kinda setup on this site. All you would need is a duct for an air in and out in the back portion of the ac box. If you were not running a sealed room, then just an air inlet to the rear of the box, with an exhaust hose. Whaddya think?

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Yes trichome fan that does work.
I used to live in a condo and was not allowed any thing outside the unit.
So I had it in a box just like you said. The AC will not last more then 1 to 2 years. Atleast mine didnt. But the electric was way less then the portable I used.
The portable was a 1 ton and was running me 300$ a month. When I put the window unit in the box my bill dropped 200$ a month. And the window unit was a 1.5 ton.

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Here's some update pics, sorry about the quality guys but its really hard to get good shots while the lights are on. This pic of the roots is after weeks of using roots excel and algen which I believe is what has given them their brownish color. Regardless, during this res change, I flushed out the system with some H202 and decided to add SM90 to hopefully prevent any root born diseases from taking hold. I'll post up a pic of the same root zone next week so we call all see what effects SM90 has on the roots. I also found my first drain that was totally clogged with roots. It raised the water level in the tub a couple inches! so be on the look out guys.

SL381063
SL381064
SL381068
SL381079
SL381069
ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking good chrome!!

Can't wait to see what the sm90 does for ya. Getting lots of good info from all these threads. Good stuff!!

What week are you on?

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Lookin great...What strain are you rocking...

Thanks MC, its called mendokush from the cali bean bank, unfortunately they weren't very specific about what went into the cross, the only info given was they used a norcal kush and a so-cal og supposedly. It definitely reminds me of bubba though..

Thanks northone, how is your multi-strain mpb going?

M

mrdizzle

there you go bro, thats how its done, did you get that mini split up?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Plants are looking sweet there! I just love the large ladies!

M

mcattak

Thanks MC, its called mendokush from the cali bean bank, unfortunately they weren't very specific about what went into the cross, the only info given was they used a norcal kush and a so-cal og supposedly. It definitely reminds me of bubba though..

Thanks northone, how is your multi-strain mpb going?

Looked a little like bubba to me too..

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

there you go bro, thats how its done, did you get that mini split up?

Not yet, since I'm not running co2 this run, I'm taking my time installing the unit, and will use it on the next run. I've got great air flow in my room, temps are between 72-80.

Thanks for all your kind words guys...

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

finally managed to snap a couple pics with the lights off...

SL381087
SL381098
SL381100
SL381102
SL381103
C

Coxie

nice job chrome! How far along are these beauties? What kind of yield are you expecting? Those are some healthy looking trees.

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Thanks Coxie ^_ ^_ ^_ ^_ ^

These pics were taken during week 5

It will take some time before I dial in this strain and optimize the room. Since this is my first run with this strain and system, its really hard to estimate yield. I can say though, my plants really seem to be loving their environment. Next run I'll add a few bells and whistles, and see if I cant improve my results.

M

mrdizzle

looking sick dude. Isnt it a pleasure growing this way, life is easy, life is good

that tip burn is mg def, I guess with rdcw mg lockout happens a lot from high pk, I had it my first run but started with cal-mag and all good

question, what size outtake fan you running? I couldnt keep 4000ws in a 10x11ft room cool with a 12in vortex

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

it just gets better and better doesn't it :)

I was wondering if the tip burn was me pushing the nutes a lil too hard, I'll add some cal/mag on the next res change.

hmmm, mine's just a 10inch elicent but the carbon filter and fan are ceiling mounted, which makes a huge difference. I run my fan directly out of the room as well, no bends to restrict and just a couple passive intakes. I'm surprised at how well its working to be honest, makes me procrastinate the a/c install even longer !! yaaaa

Top Bottom