Chucking Pollen at Altitude

• Thread starter altitudefarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

CO-bred genetics coming atcha soon. I'm going to use this thread to showcase what I'm working with on this round.
There are 7 plants in this wedding chapel. I went with my Kushdee male because of the absolutely incredible flavor, trichome content, plant structure, and stability of the strain overall. I have been very happy with every pack of beans I have received from All-Star Genetics.
With this project I am shooting for some excellent medical crosses, mostly hybrids. These cuts are proven keeper cuts from my collection, with two exceptions.
My goals are flavor, potency, and medical/therapeutic benefit. I am completely over the "incredible bag appeal" nugs that just do not deliver in flavor, smell, or potency. I myself have a couple cuts that look absolutely insane with trichs but just lack the right cannabinoid punch.

Let's see what I can do with what I've got to work with. At the time of these photos, the plants were 6 days into 12/12.

View attachment 342073
D.B. (Dave's Brother- my original KD male was named Dave)
Chucking pollen at altitude

Nice balls, buddy.

Bachelorette #1, 'Ghannydolf. I got 4 distinct cuts from a pack of Swerve's LA Affie, and this was my favorite. Out of those 4 seedlings I did have one hermaphrodite. Typical with CC feminized seeds, IME.
Chucking pollen at altitude 2

I originally called this Affie cut; "L.A. Afro"

Bachelorette #2, OGRaskal's White Fire
Chucking pollen at altitude 3

This has easily been my favorite OG cut over the last few years. This pheno took after the Fire OG side.

Bachelorette #3,Buddha Tahoe
Chucking pollen at altitude 4

She's a vigorous stretcher. Incredible buds. I know nothing about this cut, except how to grow it well :-)

Bachelorette #4, DeadheadOG x ECSD from Big Dan's Genetix
Chucking pollen at altitude 5

This girl is a finicky bitch, I suppose from the ECSD side of things. Well worth the effort.

Bachelorette #5, Matilda. Some type of Headband.
Chucking pollen at altitude 6

This cut came from immaculate conception, if I'm not mistaken. I found one bean in a large bag of what I was told was Loompa's Headband. Maybe I should call it the Baby Jesus cut, as I believe the Holy Ghost pollinated the original, and for a long time there was no room at the inn for me to pop the bean. Heheh. I am ecstatic about her; she is maybe the best in my stable.

Bachelorette #6, Sunsour1 x Chemdog #4
Chucking pollen at altitude 7

There are actually 2 plants in this pot. These are from seed. The first bean didn't come up for 7 days, so I got impatient and pushed another bean into the soil. Next thing I knew I had two seedlings in the same solo cup, dangit. I have not flowered these out yet, so I'll be on the lookout for possible herms. Considering the source of the beans, I believe they are quite stable. We'll see.

Group shot
Chucking pollen at altitude 8

I'm not going for yield in this case, so I don't feel the need to use more than an 8-bulb T5. I lollipopped them out of habit, and they have been topped when I took cuts of each. They are in 1-gallon smart pots for now, and possibly to finish. I may transplant them if there are any issues with the small pots.

I will use this grow log to showcase each of the strains, and also to show the process I use when making beans. I am open-pollinating, but DB (the male plant) will be removed shortly after he dumps his dust. I plan to expand this room and add some non-pregnant girls in a couple weeks, including my latest attempt at Wheelchair and a Dark Star cut I just received. Hope you enjoy the show. I may make these beans available to Colorado residents. I definitely plan to stabilize some of these crosses over the next couple years. We'll see if there's anything worth the effort to back-cross.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Flushing these girls now; beans everywhere. Here are some more pics that I have been slacking on posting.

Matilda is my favorite. Just a dirrty rotten girl. She smells like a mechanic. The Kushdee dad will make for some incredible flavors, I'm thinking.

Matilda prego

She is pretty trich'd out with a couple weeks to go. Not bad for a t5 bloom in a one-gallon smart pot. Please don't judge her yield based on these photos; she does quite well when she gets more light and isn't prego. Possibly the funkiest fuelly dank I have ever smelled.

Sunsour1 x chem4

This is SunSour 1 x Chemdog #4. This cross was made by Coloradro and it took me a while to get her rolling. This is my keeper, with a Kushdee bun in the oven...

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

White Fire full of Kushdee. I think these have a lot of potential. The white fire cut I have run for a few years here in the 719 is getting tired. My buddy held the cut for me for over a year, and after my first run with her again, I decided she's drifted some. Still throws mad trichomes, but has become very finicky. Let's hope the Kushdee proves worthy.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Chop has happened. I'll post chop shots and trimmed bud shots asap.
I may have made a poor choice as to open pollination; I am almost literally swimming in beans. :facepalm:
Oh well, for good selection, it's all about lots of options. Anybody have room to test 500 Kushdee x White Fire beans? that's about half of what I got off one plant... LOL!!
Once they're tested, these seeds will be available to Colorado med patients on a true donation basis. Nothing has been stabilized, but the parents are all proven favorites in my circle. Phenos will be random, but like Subcool says, there's bound to be something special in every pack...haha.
As soon as the seeds are dried out and hardened off, I'll be pheno-hunting. Of course that hunt will be documented right here. ;)

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Matilda on the day of the chop
Man, is she ever full of beans. I'll grab some pictures of her flowering without being knocked up as soon as I can. She usually yields much more solid nuggetry. I have lots of bean to pick through. There are bound to be some stellar phenos in the batch.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I am not really "breeding", although I do aspire to give the cannabis community something special some day. I just took the best cuts I have access to and let my Kushdee male do his thing. I do hope to find something worth stabilizing.
J-fly, thanks for your kind words.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Beans 010
Matilda x Kushdee. Even dry these buds are too sticky for my grinder. This is going to be a major project :nailbiting:.
I am expecting some killer phenos out of these seeds. The petroleum smell has become almost nauseating and I'm just started. I made a little wax and that funk came right through. It would not be good "smuggler's" wax, haha!

Beans 005

I have been wanting to do this for a long, long time. :p

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Chair 011

Chair 010

Chair 009

Almost finished sorting beans. Swimming in the friggin things :-) The question mark deal contains seeds I found on the floor- will be a fun 'mystery pack'. I kept most of the premature seeds also in order to gauge the percentage of mature to immature. Out of 7 plants, I got about 8-10% premature or obviously infertile seeds.

Chair 007

The LA Affie cross is viable. 24 hours in a paper towel; no special treatment. We'll see how many pop.

Chair 008

Dead Diesel x Kushdee. We have some that want to play. Dead Diesel is DeadHeadOG x ECSD; a kind of headband cross from Big Dan's Genetix. I got these seeds from a buddy and grew them out for fun. This pheno is verrry nice. I think the Kushdee will bring out some excellent flavored phenotypes.

Next beans getting wet will be the White Fire and SunSour/Chemdog #4 crosses. Those will be grown out for you all to see.

I have dried out the seeds in open air for about 3 weeks. Anyone have any science to help me utilize the best preservation process? The beans I'm testing got a couple days in the fridge to harden them off faster. Not sure that's the best technique either, but they seem to be sprouting just fine.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Very cool thread @altitudefarmer you really veg them girls out nice and the beans look super healthy ... mind if I take a seat for the rest of the show. Interested in what those beans do for you and interested in pale and immature % as I'm about to sort thru mine for the same . Seems as I could learn a thing or two here ..

respect SoSer

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Hey SoSer! great to see ya; I have enjoyed your threads also. If you do learn something here, we'll probably learn it together. Much respect.
First lesson I learned this time is: maybe a brush next time vs open pollination. I could spend the rest of my life going through this batch and still not run out!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Hey SoSer! great to see ya; I have enjoyed your threads also. If you do learn something here, we'll probably learn it together. Much respect.
First lesson I learned this time is: maybe a brush next time vs open pollination. I could spend the rest of my life going through this batch and still not run out!

Spread the love!

soserthc1

soserthc1

Well thanks appreciate the kind words - yes I would just pollinate a few limbs , fairly simple procedure until you find something really special as trust me unless you plan on vending seeds a open pollination is alot of work sorting seeds without a doubt , I seen your random bean container and it made me laugh as before i started pollinating plants . I would keep track of every seed like the seed addict I am but after the first pollination I realized how easy it is to drop them all over and going thru various strains you get a mystery jar ... imho that would def be your way to go if your just hunting yourself as 1 or 2 limbs can net you 300-400 seeds - which is plenty to sort thru ....

blessings
SoSerThc1

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Well, I'll be pheno-hunting my own beans shortly, but until I can pop beans and give 'em a little veg, I dropped some other stuff in the room. My buddy ended up with too many clones and some got neglected. I promised I could bring them back and make 'em shine, so let's see what happens. I switched over to a 600w HPS (EyeHorti bulb, Magnum xxxl hood, Quantum digi ballast) + one of my 6-bulb t5 lights. NOW, we'll be going for some yield in my little THC factory, with some DeadHead OG Kush, Jamaican D, and a DarkStar that has been flowering for about 9 weeks now. Here's what's crackin:

group shot, minus three girls under the t5, and the DS

Jamaican D. Still an all-time favorite.

DeadHead OG. Not the best pheno I've grown, but solid OG. Super frosty at 3.5 weeks.

Looking good; about to hit week 4.

Dark Star. Evidently not THE pheno. Overfed; I totally misjudged this cut and I'm pushing her long. Foxtailing like a mofo, and going to yield huge for a 3-gallon pot. Trying to decide whether to feed her one more time or just start the flush. Anyone have an input? More pics below...

Yes, this cut had mites. They are gone now, but left their mark.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Stupid mites. They look good alt. What was the Sun Sour again. Matilda is pretty. Good gland prodution on all photos. Nice work
...just flush her she looks done
Peace

homebrew420

homebrew420

Stupid mites. They look good alt. What was the Sun Sour again. Matilda is pretty. Good gland prodution on all photos. Nice work
...just flush her she looks done
Peace

Top Bottom