• Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Update | Dec 7th
2021 12 07 145712
2021 12 07 145513

@tobh and @Dirtbag thank you for your suggestions. I've taken a bit from each of you and made the it work with what i have on hand.
Obviously through time minor changes will take place to fit the grow needs.
2021 12 07 145950
2021 12 07 145536

Currently on 3rd channel the temp and humidity are at 23c 73f with 50% RH that is decreasing. That's only because the door of the tent was open so i could do some minor adjustment.
This morning It took 1 min to get the 4" gro block soaked with 10% run off. The runoff was ph 6.2 and 0.4ec. On December 1st I prepared the rockwool at 5.5ph and 0.5ec.
Obviously the ph raises to get all the nutrients needed for the plant and that shows with the ec dropping.
I have a timer ordered that can have a 1 min interval setting. This is going to help allot to ensure that there is sufficient feeding time so that the rockwool can have enough air and nutrients without getting it soaked.

i've also raised the 3" block by 3 inches or so. I wanted to have better air flow under the cube and that the excessive water can drain easier.
currently, i am sitting at 10k lux. not sure if thats alot at the moment, but i'll keep an eye on it and if it start pulling it self away for the light then i'll decrease it.

Last edited by a moderator:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
you'll see one, or both things happen with too much light: the plant pulls away/tacos its leaves to take in less light, or necrotic spots from light induced calcium deficiency. either way, looks good. getting ready to see some explosive growth man. hope you brought your wood screws, it's gonna blow your doors right off.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
you'll see one, or both things happen with too much light: the plant pulls away/tacos its leaves to take in less light, or necrotic spots from light induced calcium deficiency. either way, looks good. getting ready to see some explosive growth man. hope you brought your wood screws, it's gonna blow your doors right off.
i'll be lying if i say i'm not excited. I feel like a beginner again but with a bit more experience. lol, that if we are planning to grow trees 🤣

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Good points. Gotta admit, I've experienced both those things to a very minor degree playing with the extra lighting. Took a bit of trial and error to find the sweet spot when the plants were young.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
would you guys say 10k lux is alot for a seedling stage? my nutrient are currently 1/1 ratio.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Quick sneak peek inside the tent to see how everything is.

2021 12 08 225458

Temps stable at 25c 76f and 51% humid. It can definitely be better, but thats all i can do. I'm sure it will survive as long as the gro block doesn't start going bad. Finger's crossed. On the environmental management guide it shows that the temps are for flower mode and it is at 1.59. maybe a wet towel trick can raise the humidity a bit more. by like 5%

I feel like the leaves are slightly droopy, but that's given since yesterday i soaked the rockwool. it took a bit of trial and error but the system is semi-finished.. Since, i prepared the grow block by soaking it in the mix of nutrition and phed water , it took seven days for it to get to a point to water again. So, I won't be feeding for the next seven days until the grow block is 30% dry.
From there, The timer should be arriving and I can figure out the volume of feed per min and play with that.

Currently, i'm using a amazon pump. It's a small pump and i am trying to figure if it can feed all four plants or if i am going to have to figure a pump out. However, for now its feeding a single plant and am i not too worried at the moment with the pump since there all seedlings.
There is allots of light shining currently and its making the plant to look less green, but it does have a nice green colour to it. Currently, at 0.5ec which i think is about 250,300 ppm. The calculator on mega crop website, show to do 7.5g of part A and 12.5g of Part B into a 5 gallon
I took this calculation and it brought me to 1.5ec from there I grabbed another 5 gallon of water and mixed both waters to achieve a 0.5ec. Than i lowered the Ph to 5.3 and added my Z9 enzyme.

I have a air pump in the rez, a pump to feed the plants and a aquarium fan inside the rez to contently mix the mixture. I do need to get a lid for it so light can't get to the mixture and I think than it would be stable. At the moment I have to drop the ph by .4 to achieve a 5.4/5.3 ph
By the way, I also prepared another three seeds. Currently, they are in the 1inch cube wools for germination. I'm thinking in couple days they should rise.

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
2021 12 09 151600

Quick sneak peek. Ok so, this morning I remembered DB telling me about the paper towel and im glad i put it back under the rockwool. The two pictures show perfectly how the leaves went from droopy to being happy and growing. I can actually see the speed of growth vs in soil or DWC. It's been 13 days and 1st set of node is now complete and it is working on the next node growth.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
last time i visited Cinderella was on Thursday so here is a quick sneak peak. The leaves definitely got a better green on now. The minor adjustment and adding more part B of Mega Crop definitely gave it that extra boost of nitrogen. I think next feeding will keep at 0.6ec
2021 12 11 172732

tobh

tobh

Supporter
she's lookin happier. might be ready for a little more. good idea on keeping it steady at 0.6, though. better to be on the lower side with hand watering at this stage than to end up with a ton of excess salts because of too much dryback.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
she's lookin happier. might be ready for a little more. good idea on keeping it steady at 0.6, though. better to be on the lower side with hand watering at this stage than to end up with a ton of excess salts because of too much dryback.
ya that extra boost of nitrogen in the mix turned it around. i was thinking of going a bit higher too since the leaves aren't overly dark, but then the colour of it is such nice green.
I have the pump connected but, i torn it on by hand and watch the hose to see how water is distributed. Trying to figure if i need to add a u-shape hose so the other side get water too or open the pump valve to pump more water. Also, how many minutes is what i need to wrap my head around too. lol!

There are currently 3 big roots at the bottom poking out 👀

tobh

tobh

Supporter
to determine how long to run the pump, take a container and catch the output from the feed line in it. run the pump for one minute, not 59 seconds, not one minute and one second. sixty seconds exactly. measure how much is in the container. then you just need to multiply that to know how long to run the pump for your target volume.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
to determine how long to run the pump, take a container and catch the output from the feed line in it. run the pump for one minute, not 59 seconds, not one minute and one second. sixty seconds exactly. measure how much is in the container. then you just need to multiply that to know how long to run the pump for your target volume.
i think i'm gonna have to rebuild the flower room. 🤓

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I think its been about five to six days that this cube was waterd to 10% runoff. When i pick up the rockwool tonight its spongy but not dripping, so i decided to take syringe test. The test came out at 0.8ec and ph 6.7 I also checked my rez levels and it was at 0.8ec with ph of 5.8. I think the nutrients got dissolved better and it has gone up from 0.6ec. I will keep the same feeding at 0.8ec then which is about 560 ppm on the bluelab ec meter. Will keep off on feeding for couple more days and get the rockwool a bit less moist. Really want that root development to grow.

2021 12 11 200020

Moshmen

Moshmen

I think its been about five to six days that this cube was waterd to 10% runoff. When i pick up the rockwool tonight its spongy but not dripping, so i decided to take syringe test. The test came out at 0.8ec and ph 6.7 I also checked my rez levels and it was at 0.8ec with ph of 5.8. I think the nutrients got dissolved better and it has gone up from 0.6ec. I will keep the same feeding at 0.8ec then which is about 560 ppm on the bluelab ec meter. Will keep off on feeding for couple more days and get the rockwool a bit less moist. Really want that root development to grow.

View attachment 1196309
Nice - this is where I’m headed as well,

I always had trouble with mega crop dissolving proper? Just thought it was my lazy ass ! Lol I went back to bottles - I did like the mega crop price and results

Top Bottom