Cinderella G13 | Grow Block | Growing in rockwool

• Thread starter PK1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Update | Dec 12

I grabbed a small computer fan and with minor tweaking i connected it to a external cd room. It's a 2 inch computer case fan that helps circulate the air around the seedling and blowing around making the stem stronger since it is stretched a bit.

Last week on Dec 5th I measured this plant at 12 inches and a week later it has grown to 14 inches. I am happy that the massive stretching stopped and the plant is focusing on getting bigger now.
2021 01 20 213255
2021 12 12 220945

She is going to have some massive big leaves! (brightness of the light is adjusted on the camera of the phone)
2021 12 12 215358

2021 12 12 221000
2021 12 12 215638

The roots are nicely developing and i can't wait for a ball of white roots to be filled under this cube. Today i was playing with the pump and trying to figure how i will be setting everything up. I still have to wait for the timer and few valves to get here before i can finalize the feeding system. Since, the syringe test came out to 0.8, i gave it a bit of water today. I figured with the 11,5k lux she is gonna need it. Except from the minor curling on the leaves everything seems to be good and the plant looks happy.

2021 12 12 215340
PK1

PK1

Supporter
2021 12 14 091528

The new additions have been added to the 4" rockwools since the roots were starting to come out of the 2" rockwools. In the middle we have Blueberry cheese and on the right is Amnesia Lemon.
At the supper market i asked the deli section for one of those chicken containers which can act as a premium propagation tray and dome. 😄 In there I have a Kashmire which has been put in a cup of water for 1 day than i transfered into 2" rockwool and it has been about five days with root visible but no sprout yet. For now i'll keep watch and see when she is going to sprout.

On The left is the Cinderella. She is doing great and growing.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
2021 12 15 153956

Minor changes from last update, Ive turned down the light intensity just so the new addition don't burn out and Cinderella seems to be liking it too. I think the lux was at 5000k.
Recently in @Dirtbag classroom i came to understand temps better and have implemented that here. Ok so, with lights on I've set my temps to 24c/75.2f and when the lights go off i turn up the heat to 26c/78.8f. The humidity is a ongoing battle. Currently at 55% and during light off it goes to 40%.

I've also managed to put the water lines up and with the current setting two of the water lines gets water, but one doesn't. lol! I'm gonna need a bigger pump and hose. Then setup these small water lines to big once. I tried finding small valves to fit these water lines but couldn't find any. Still waiting on the timer to arrive. For now i'm just hand watering whenever the rockwool feels 20/30% moist.

on top right, i decided to put the last seed that germinated into soil after being in rockwool for a week and half. When i opened the rockwool the root looked okay and was slightly out of the seed but no sign of sprouting. Hopefully in soil it will still sprout! Finger's crossed!! The soil is a ProMix Hp from past grows. I've added ton of Myco to the soil and sprinkled in the hole of the seed. Myco is like mycorhize, gets those roots what they need.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Fwiw, I use a neutral temp differential until stretch. Only during stretch do I run a negative diff.
@Dirtbag do you mean during veg you use the higher temps and then in flower you change the temps to negative diff?

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Nice! Learning a lot here pk thanks for sharing the info the watering system seems to be the key ? How big of rez are you planning on using? When you go auto?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Nice! Learning a lot here pk thanks for sharing the info the watering system seems to be the key ? How big of rez are you planning on using? When you go auto?
currently i am using 5 gallon, but i seem to be having difficulties keeping the ph in range. With in minutes the ph shoots up to 6.5 so i keep using ph down before feeding. I think i will change it back to the 15 gallon tote which was easier to stabilize the water parameters when i was doing dwc

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i know nutrients thrive in the right temps. lets say 72f, does anyone know if the temperature of water plays a role on ph.

PK1

PK1

Supporter

I think this valve will fix my problem. It's adjustable and can have a main shut off.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
i know nutrients thrive in the right temps. lets say 72f, does anyone know if the temperature of water plays a role on ph.

Not really but it can cause issues with the ph meter itself reading the correct ph. Bluelabs pens are temperature compensating so you get an accurate reading at any temperature, lots of pens have that feature.

The actual ph doesn't change because of temp swings. Only the ability to read it accurately.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Not really but it can cause issues with the ph meter itself reading the correct ph. Bluelabs pens are temperature compensating so you get an accurate reading at any temperature, lots of pens have that feature.

The actual ph doesn't change because of temp swings. Only the ability to read it accurately.
awesome, thanks for the clarification DB.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Just doing a quick sneak peek to make sure that everything is in order after yesterday's watering. i am kinda happy that the low ph feed yesterday didn't cause any harms.
2021 12 16 170013

2021 12 16 170048

2021 12 16 170041
2021 12 16 170037

PK1

PK1

Supporter
After a bit of searching i found the area that provides some information on the cannabis strain. On top menu under strain you can do a search for any strain you want. If the information is available than you get something like this.

This is for Blueberry Cheese
Cheese barneys farm tnsb
Info

Info1

PK1

PK1

Supporter
bruh, i drive a wrx and ride a suzuki sv650x. my first car was a 1985 nissan 300zx. have owned four 280z's. i have an 82 toyota pickup in the driveway waiting to get built. i AM jdm lol
those are some classic cars. you are one of the lucky one to have a 300zx, you bairly see those cars anymore

PK1

PK1

Supporter
oh, i just relized you said your 1st car was a 300zx. lol, i bet you wished you still had that car.
my brother is sitting with a supra in his garage for the last two years, trying to replicate Pauls

Latest posts

Top Bottom