PK1

Supporter
I want that goose flag on the back of this wall where that sticker is. 😄
2022 01 31 094953

The guy who edited this video to the song has done a amazing job,

Last edited:
traeold420

traeold420

Thanks, veg stage is fairly easy. Can't really go wrong if vpd is on point, assuming one would know the fundamentals of growing.
It's the flower phase for me that is most important.
i hear ya. Veg is almost cruise control...though end of flower for me now and shes on cruise til finish while i start up the next 4 babies im runnin (blue dream and wedding cake)

PK1

PK1

Supporter
it's crazy how in couple days their stretch has made them look so bushy again. I think there was a conversation somewhere in @dirtbags journal about stretching and temperatures?
lol, been trying to find it.
After defoliation couple days after
2022 01 27 084715
2022 01 31 095004

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I haven't gotten to changing the rez yet, cuz i want to know the problem to the deficiency. I did a syringe test on them and the rockwool ph is down to 5.2 with 1.6ec
I am taking that if i making my rez change at a slight higher ph than the rockwool ph should get back up again. I'm going to keep my ec the same at 1.7

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Looking great in here bubba; that color green is perfect going into flower IMO. Get it dialed in and look at what the leaves are telling you there; animation wise. Not just colors. Those curled (droopy) tips look to me to be sitting on the acidic side of the equation; if I'm not mistaken.

I would maybe even consider dial back the lights a bit; until you get them back up again; on track again. Even 12-24 hours can be helpful. But I would make any adjustments very gradually.

Many of the leaves still appear very animated; more so to the back of the canopy. Most of them look like there still in the zone; so to speak.

This stands out to me; at first it looks like magnesium is involved somehow; but it's looking to me like somehow another pH issue? Perhaps?

Chimera leafing... 😂 I don't know if it's got a scientific name or not. but it's odd; cause it looks like perhaps a disfunction of Magnesium; Potassium or even possibly Sulfur. Not exactly sure; TBH. I could be totally off base.

But the curling in the front to me looks concerning; but after seeing that wind blow in the video; that could be the cause also; which isn't a bad thing in and of itself. So maybe I'm splitting hairs. 😁 Just take everything I say with a grain of salt.
Snip

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Looking great in here bubba; that color green is perfect going into flower IMO. Get it dialed in and look at what the leaves are telling you there; animation wise. Not just colors. Those curled (droopy) tips look to me to be sitting on the acidic side of the equation; if I'm not mistaken.

I would maybe even consider dial back the lights a bit; until you get them back up again; on track again. Even 12-24 hours can be helpful. But I would make any adjustments very gradually.

Many of the leaves still appear very animated; more so to the back of the canopy. Most of them look like there still in the zone; so to speak.
ya, im gonna turn the light back down a bit and open the water valves to the rockwools a bit more. Trying to balance the generative feeding which is like pee drips. lol!

PK1

PK1

Supporter

This stands out to me; at first it looks like magnesium is involved somehow; but it's looking to me like somehow another pH issue? Perhaps?

Chimera leafing... 😂 I don't know if it's got a scientific name or not. but it's odd; cause it looks like perhaps a disfunction of Magnesium; Potassium or even possibly Sulfur.
View attachment 1213041
I think 1st i should get the ph to balance at 5.6 and from there on i will see how the new growth is. I am currently adding 15 grams of Epsom salt with every rez change and thats just cuz i know what kind of sucking Mg monkeys these girls are. lol!

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
ya, im gonna turn the light back down a bit and open the water valves to the rockwools a bit more. Trying to balance the generative feeding which is like pee drips. lol!
So are you finding that's fussy like regular hydro; or do you feel like you've got a little more control over the buffering system?

Yea; I agree; especially going into flower; Mg; calcium and sulfur in that order for me. Once you get past the bud set; then calcium starts taking the front seat; IMO. I tend to pull back on phosphorus somewhat these days; I think it can be easily overdone.

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
So are you finding that's fussy like regular hydro; or do you feel like you've got a little more control over the buffering system?

Yea; I agree; especially going into flower; Mg; calcium and sulfur in that order for me. Once you get past the bud set; then calcium starts taking the front seat; IMO.
Since i don't know the watering timing perfectly I find it that it makes a bit challenging. The rest is very similar to hydro. Rez was stable from the 3rd day or so and i've been really just focusing on the plant and the watering cycle. Made some mistakes but its a learning curve. I;ve already picked up on some design flaws and how i can make it more stable.

I also mentioned above that im following @Dirtbag temp differential technique and bringing the temps at night up to 85f with 65% RH then during the light on it comes to 82f with 70RH%

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Here are the girls after almost one week of flip. No signs of flower yet, i know from past grows that the Cinderella and Amnesia would take about a week or so to start showing flowers. I do see some light green spots on the leaves. Never had that before. Could this be light stress? lights are now at 60%

2022 02 03 132757
2022 02 03 132900
2022 02 03 132853

PK1

PK1

Supporter
In all honesty when i started this rockwool journey, i never thought i would have problems in not watering enough. I was more paranoid with root rots, molds and such and overwatering.
anyway, laugh it up!! its funny when you open the door and you get hit with a surprise of saggy tits everywhere.
Not sure what made the pumps not work, but i just gave it a 5 min flush to wash the salt that has been built up. Not a good start at the beginning of flower.
2022 02 06 153710

Top Bottom