Cinderella G13 | Grow Block | Growing in rockwool

• Thread starter PK1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
@PK1 , I created a pretty good excel spreadsheet to calculate elemental ppm for Jack's 321 and other additives. MC A/B seems to be just about the same. You can easily tweak it for the MC numbers.
PM me if you'd like a copy. Has a bunch of other handy calculators on it as well (DLI, VPD.. etc..)
MC does have a calculator for its products, i was just being dumb and not calculating the measurements properly. thanks in advance tho

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Here are the seven clones i've taken. Nothing special yet and just waiting for the roots to start developing. I am doing a foliar spray twice a day.

2022 01 28 104543

I changed the mixture of the rez today and after adding everything it got a mixture of 1.7ec
MC Part A 37.5grams + Part B 37.5 This gave me an ec of 1.3 for a 15 gallon rez
I added 15grams of epsom salt cuz i know two of the plants are Mg suckers. This gave me a ec of 1.5
Finally I added 4ml of MagPro and this brought the EC to 1.7

🤞

PK1

PK1

Supporter
@PK1 , I created a pretty good excel spreadsheet to calculate elemental ppm for Jack's 321 and other additives. MC A/B seems to be just about the same. You can easily tweak it for the MC numbers.
PM me if you'd like a copy. Has a bunch of other handy calculators on it as well (DLI, VPD.. etc..)
how are you liking Jacks nutrients? When i was making a decision on nutrient line to purchase, I had a look at jacks nutrients line and they had a wide range of products if my memory is correct. I ended up with mega crop 2part since it was easier and only two products to add but was very interested in jacks too. I think for my next run i am going with jacks but i need @Aqua Man to pick his brain a bit lol.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
lol, that fan sound in the video is so annoying. That thing really needs to get changed 😂

jguit

jguit

Supporter
how are you liking Jacks nutrients? When i was making a decision on nutrient line to purchase, I had a look at jacks nutrients line and they had a wide range of products if my memory is correct. I ended up with mega crop 2part since it was easier and only two products to add but was very interested in jacks too. I think for my next run i am going with jacks but i need @Aqua Man to pick his brain a bit lol.
I've never gone wrong with Jack's since I started using it. The only thing i changed up was using PureCal instead of Jack's CalNit. It gives me a little more calcium since i'm using RO. I've found that Jack's has enough mg. on its own that you can use it as a 2 part. You could also dump a little bit of epsom salt into your tank if you had a strain that was picky.

If you switched to Jack's it'd only be for price. If i remember correct, megacrop 2 part is basically the same exact thing as Jack's 5-12-26. If you find MC lacking in any way, Jack's would be the same. Unless you went with one of their 1 part blends which i've used as well. The 25 lbs bags are the way to go.

I used to weight the stuff out but now just make A/B stock solutions and measure by PPM. You could also make a stock solution of part A with epsom salt if you felt like you needed the additional mg in your routine. That's just the lazy in me. I hate measuring and mixing salts every time i need to fill the res.

Also, my reservoir is small so i feel measuring small amounts of salts makes more room for error. I always felt like i was getting a poor distribution of salts measuring a few grams at a time. I don't know if there's any truth to that though! haha

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
I've never gone wrong with Jack's since I started using it. The only thing i changed up was using PureCal instead of Jack's CalNit. It gives me a little more calcium since i'm using RO. I've found that Jack's has enough mg. on its own that you can use it as a 2 part. You could also dump a little bit of epsom salt into your tank if you had a strain that was picky.

If you switched to Jack's it'd only be for price. If i remember correct, megacrop 2 part is basically the same exact thing as Jack's 5-12-26. If you find MC lacking in any way, Jack's would be the same. Unless you went with one of their 1 part blends which i've used as well. The 25 lbs bags are the way to go.

I used to weight the stuff out but now just make A/B stock solutions and measure by PPM. You could also make a stock solution of part A with epsom salt if you felt like you needed the additional mg in your routine. That's just the lazy in me. I hate measuring and mixing salts every time i need to fill the res.

Also, my reservoir is small so i feel measuring small amounts of salts makes more room for error. I always felt like i was getting a poor distribution of salts measuring a few grams at a time. I don't know if there's any truth to that though! haha
ya, epsom salt is the way to go for that extra Mg/
I don't mind the fill up process. Kind of makes me understand the MC better. I use a submergible fan for aquarium to mix the product. takes like a min with no hassle.
The measurements was difficult in the begging when i was using the tbsp, with the scale majority of my overfeeding problems was fixed. It was just a bummer that the (p) is on the lower side.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Took a quick peek at the roots today. Glad to have resolved the mold problem that was building up on the batten cotton. I tried to have some of the cotton on the exposed roots but they keep growing around it. since it is dark and humid in there now i think they should be okay. This run has been a experiment.
2022 01 28 115553

jguit

jguit

Supporter
ya, epsom salt is the way to go for that extra Mg/
I don't mind the fill up process. Kind of makes me understand the MC better. I use a submergible fan for aquarium to mix the product. takes like a min with no hassle.
The measurements was difficult in the begging when i was using the tbsp, with the scale majority of my overfeeding problems was fixed. It was just a bummer that the (p) is on the lower side.
Have you had an issue with low P?

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
@Dirtbag is there a specific time you go to generative cycle in flower? still running on veggative and was thinking to do so until early flower stage is done

tobh

tobh

Supporter
you should be using generative during the first 21 days. the goal is to force flower budset to happen quickly by inducing stress.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
you should be using generative during the first 21 days. the goal is to force flower budset to happen quickly by inducing stress.
what do you think cut of timer at 2pm?

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
agreed; the first 2->3 weeks are critical; i wack a mole plants from the onset; stress/recovery rinse and repeat; I'm actually stressing them going into flowering; and generally induce a super health spurt going into it all... You want them firing on high ppm; and I hit them with plenty of amino acids early, fluvics, and hormones... Pushing higher calcium; magnesium; sulfur... (whatever your routine)

Whatever you do; I hit them early; and at the end of week 2->3 is when I start converting them to added phosphate; if I'm going that route. (after button sized flower formation) Early flowering I'm simply working on pushing stress/acids/hormones (foliar treatment) then convert it over to higher phosphorus ratio's during the early swell phase; I don't use any set times; it seems every cultivar is a little different; I go by looks.

Is this an aeroponic setup? Is that what I'm seeing down below? and it's on a drain table?

Last edited:
Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
their getting fed from 7AM to 4PM currently. 12PM has a 5 min flush other whys 1 min feeding intervals for each hour.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
agreed; the first 2->3 weeks are critical; i wack a mole plants from the onset; stress/recovery rinse and repeat; I'm actually stressing them going into flowering; and generally induce a super health spurt going into it all... You want them firing on high ppm; and I hit them with plenty of amino acids early, fluvics, and hormones... Pushing higher calcium; magnesium; sulfur... (whatever your routine)

Whatever you do; I hit them early; and at the end of week 2->3 is when I start converting them to added phosphate; if I'm going that route. (after button sized flower formation) Early flowering I'm simply working on pushing stress/acids/hormones (foliar treatment) then convert it over to higher phosphorus ratio's during the early swell phase; I don't use any set times; it seems every cultivar is a little different; I go by looks.

Is this an aeroponic setup? Is that what I'm seeing down below? and it's on a drain table?
ya, my ec is 1.7, definitely higher and I've given it 4ml extra P, 15grams extra Mg and switched my nutrients to 1:1 ratio. Slight sign of tip burns but nothing major. Their handling it very well.

Top Bottom