Cinderella G13 | Grow Block | Growing in rockwool

• Thread starter PK1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
first fertigation at 8am, short one. try to do every 30 minutes if possible until 11:30AM which should be your max WC target. Runoff at noon, five minute cycle is fine, could likely get away with shorter since WC should be maxed out.. then short shots every 1.5 hours until 3PM.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
ya, my ec is 1.7, definitely higher and I've given it 4ml extra P, 15grams extra Mg and switched my nutrients to 1:1 ratio. Slight sign of tip burns but nothing major. Their handling it very well.
Yea, I pretty much have flipped my regime over the last year myself. Run a basic 1:1 (masterblend/calcium nitrate) during flower w/0.5 ratio on the magnesium sulfate; of course I'm running coco. I even give extra N as I go along by adding amino's; fluvics; but I'm running a lot more N these days.

I've also found that balancing everything out with calcium hydroxide during flower as a pH up has been a pretty useful (inexpensive) solution. aka pickling lime. dissolves 100% easily; and it's pure anion hydroxide makes it exceptionally absorbable. For early flowering IMO; calcium is the foremost driver of flowering.
61qas1lRwYS SL1000

Reactions: PK1
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
crazy; if this run works well for you; I might try doing some gig like this; it looks fun. Certainly looks better than doing it hydro.

How much feed are you going though in a day?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
crazy; if this run works well for you; I might try doing some gig like this; it looks fun. Certainly looks better than doing it hydro.

How much feed are you going though in a day?
I can't really measure the amount i am giving as the bed has a two half inch pipe on a T and each plex pipe has 5 holes in it that feeds the bed, but that amount isn't going through the rockwool.
I think rockwools are getting anywhere between 150/250ml of feeding but i am not 100% sure.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
if you get runoff before noon, you need to decrease the volume of the replenishment shots. ideally first runoff happens at the mid-day mark.
got ya, so i've got it on a 30 min feeding intervals until 12Pm. My timer only has 1 min settings, so what i will do is turn the rock wool feeding line valves to 20% open to get less water to come through. I think currently they are at 50% open. Also, since i can only have 10 settings in the timer, i have the flush at 3 min and after that each hour until 3PM gets a 2 min feeding. However, since the valves are at 20% open I am thinking i would want to have 200ml going through the rockwool after the flush until 3pm and then dryback.

Thoughts?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
what does WC stand for?
That looks very similar to your generative feeding schedule. I can adjust the valves so that there is less feeding before 12
lol it is my generative schedule. WC = water content

• Haha
tobh

tobh

Supporter
got ya, so i've got it on a 30 min feeding intervals until 12Pm. My timer only has 1 min settings, so what i will do is turn the rock wool feeding line valves to 20% open to get less water to come through. I think currently they are at 50% open. Also, since i can only have 10 settings in the timer, i have the flush at 3 min and after that each hour until 3PM gets a 2 min feeding. However, since the valves are at 20% open I am thinking i would want to have 200ml going through the rockwool after the flush until 3pm and then dryback.

Thoughts?
that sounds reasonable. i'm not in much a mathing mindset but it sounds good to me.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
i'm a bad example lol like i tell me employees, don't do what i do, it's bad for your sanity and health haha

• Haha
PK1

PK1

Supporter
i was wondering, i noticed you guys turned the light down to 90% and than full again during flower and was wondering what gives?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
with the heavy defoliation, we turn it down to reduce stress. there's a fine line between stressing for overall plant performance and stressing too much to causing issues.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
with the heavy defoliation, we turn it down to reduce stress. there's a fine line between stressing for overall plant performance and stressing too much to causing issues.
Should i have it at 100 right now? i don't see these girls being stressed.

Top Bottom