Cinderella G13 | Grow Block | Growing in rockwool

• Thread starter PK1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
oh man.. turn off your exhaust fan. it's not needed. seal that bitch up. so long you have circulation fans in the tent, that's what matters. you need both those temps and RH higher. those girls aren't transpiring right now, that's why they're slower than they should be.

that droop they have, while looking super healthy, is 100% an indication of a VPD issue. they wanna breathe but they can't because the leaves are cold, and RH isn't high enough to get the right differential going to make em feel ok.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
oh man.. turn off your exhaust fan. it's not needed. seal that bitch up. so long you have circulation fans in the tent, that's what matters. you need both those temps and RH higher. those girls aren't transpiring right now, that's why they're slower than they should be.

that droop they have, while looking super healthy, is 100% an indication of a VPD issue. they wanna breathe but they can't because the leaves are cold, and RH isn't high enough to get the right differential going to make em feel ok.
tent doesn't have a exhust fan. LoL! im trying to keep all the heat and moisture i can in the tent.
can it be cause of the light, I have it at 300 ppfd? and thats if the app is somewhat correct

tobh

tobh

Supporter
oh shit... well, welcome to the environment i learned to grow in then. you could compensate for the temp with increasing the lighting but without getting that rh up, you're in a fuckall position. however, by bring the temp up by laws of RH, the RH should rise since the plants will be able to transpire more given higher temps. with LED you really should be running at minimum 82F lights on,.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
your other option is a space heater. they look ok for more light, but if you're concerned about bleaching em, you still gotta get those temps up man. all i've learned with LEDs says in veg anything under 80F is inadequate. 82F is baseline, 84F is great as it tends to put the LST at 79F and with humidity ~60-65%, the plants transpire at optimum rates and fuckin explode. talkin growth rates you can damn near sit and watch like a binge series on netflix.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
oh shit... well, welcome to the environment i learned to grow in then. you could compensate for the temp with increasing the lighting but without getting that rh up, you're in a fuckall position. however, by bring the temp up by laws of RH, the RH should rise since the plants will be able to transpire more given higher temps. with LED you really should be running at minimum 82F lights on,.
when i hit 82f my RH drops to 40%

PK1

PK1

Supporter
your other option is a space heater. they look ok for more light, but if you're concerned about bleaching em, you still gotta get those temps up man. all i've learned with LEDs says in veg anything under 80F is inadequate. 82F is baseline, 84F is great as it tends to put the LST at 79F and with humidity ~60-65%, the plants transpire at optimum rates and fuckin explode. talkin growth rates you can damn near sit and watch like a binge series on netflix.
im hoping to aim this inside the flower room where i have proper ventilation and air circulation. Waiting on the final part to get here so i can move the plants over.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
taper the waterings and drop EC in the interim. obviously don't let the blocks go dry but they're not able to uptake what you're giving them atm. nurse em along for now until you're able to get the environment dialed. sucks, but gotta do what you gotta do.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
taper the waterings and drop EC in the interim. obviously don't let the blocks go dry but they're not able to uptake what you're giving them atm. nurse em along for now until you're able to get the environment dialed. sucks, but gotta do what you gotta do.
ya, that's what i noticed from the syringe test today. The ec was raised by .8 inside the cubes. After the rinse of half of gallon it came back down to 1.2ec. Do you think i should go lower?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
well, here is how the next day looks. sitting at about 81f with 52% RH. I was able to bring it a bit more higher by making some towels wet and hanging it in the tent lol!
2022 01 05 085925
2022 01 05 085703
2022 01 05 070115

2022 01 05 085621

I noticed that the cinderella had some yellow spotting on a single leaf. I can't figure out if that could be from spraying misting the tent to gain more moisture or a deficiency.
The Amnesia lemon and BB cheese are doing fine and no sign of spotting or anything. I'm sure with the yesterday running a new batch of feeding as cleared most salts and should be good to go.
this morning I did do another syringe test and it indeed was at 1.2ec

Here is a epic pump failure, This morning at 9AM i check on the plant since the pump is feeding it for the 1st time and i notice that it doesn't stop feeding even if the timer is turned off. So, i grab the pump and its not working but yet water was dripping allot through the closes line to mainstream line. When i close that line then the next line starts dripping until all three valves are shot.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
possibly. monitor over the next day or two and see what happens, and play it by ear. obviously don't want to introduce deficiencies but also don't want to be wasting resources either.

Reactions: PK1
tobh

tobh

Supporter
they're looking happier for sure. wouldn't worry about that one leaf. wait for it to progress before trying to chase a problem. and fuck that pump lol must not be strong enough to build enough pressure to feed the system. see if you can get your hands on at least a 300gph pump. that's what i use and it works fantastic.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
they're looking happier for sure. wouldn't worry about that one leaf. wait for it to progress before trying to chase a problem. and fuck that pump lol must not be strong enough to build enough pressure to feed the system. see if you can get your hands on at least a 300gph pump. that's what i use and it works fantastic.
ya, i got a 185eco plus for 20 bucks at the hydro store. I am letterly just waiting on the panda film so i can put all these plants in the flower room. Jan 5th is expectation of the delivery.

ya, the leaf to me seems like just from misting since its only one leaf.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I'm battling low humidity in my tent as well. I broke down and am putting one of those disk fogger systems together. Those small room humidifiers don't do jack shit in my tent. Right now i got wet towels and trays of water to bring the RH up. Fuck that shit! haha

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I'm battling low humidity in my tent as well. I broke down and am putting one of those disk fogger systems together. Those small room humidifiers don't do jack shit in my tent. Right now i got wet towels and trays of water to bring the RH up. Fuck that shit! haha
ya, the small once really don't do any justice unless your tent is small.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
2022 01 05 131048
2022 01 05 131054
2022 01 05 130422

Here the girls in their final resting home ready to grow. The setup is not fully complete but i just couldn't bare the humidity in the tent. This room is easier to adjust the temps and humidity.
I am starting to build a hate and love for this closeth. It can take 4 plants in soil, but only 2 plants for DWC or rockwool imo
the plants look a little bit mishandeld but they will spark back up again soon.
I have a 3ft width and 2,5ft length in this waterbed. The rez under it is a 15 gallon and it is a drain to fill system currently.
im working right now to adjust and stabilize the rez.

Current temps at 81f/65%RH 🍻

tobh

tobh

Supporter
fuck yes! getting that environment dialed. check leaf temps and adjust your light to get em up to ~77F.

if you have an android phone download the vpd calculator app and play with the numbers. that's how i work on dialing my VPD and identifying where each number needs to be for a given growth stage. it's super helpful and better than trying to use one of those charts that are just about useless imo.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I would need a thermometer to test out and it would be handy to figure what the leaf temps are, but im going with the knowledge we have and i was close to 80f so im gonna try to hit 82f and keep taht RH up. i love how i can get fresh air in from cold weather outside and get these humidity up.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
lol, i know on the picture it feels like there is to much water in the rez and the drain is making it look like its over filled, but its actually 2 gallon short from being full.
Pictures say a 1000 word but in this case it's not precise. I'm staying ontop of this water to make sure we don't get any leak problems. So far, finger's crossed it looks good.

i'm digging this new setup!!
2022 01 05 140215

tobh

tobh

Supporter
hell of an optical illusion man, but looking closely at it, it's obvious the reflection on the water surface is making it look suspect

• Haha
Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
hell of an optical illusion man, but looking closely at it, it's obvious the reflection on the water surface is making it look suspect
i know right! One hell of a illusion.

what do you think of the air pump? keep or remove?
i do have a circulation fan that is circulating the water in there and when the pump hits the water surface does get agitated. Trying to figure if its needed or i can remove one more equipment that is not needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom