Cinderella G13 | Grow Block | Growing in rockwool

• Thread starter PK1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
It's been a while i've done one of these diaries so, i thought i do one while i am doing my 1st proper grow in rockwool.
To get this diaries kicking off i'll be inviting my inspirational and close trusted friends that i have meet through THC Framers. @Dirtbag @Aqua Man @tobh @Mr.GreenthumbOG @Kanzeon
Alight, with that intro out of the way, here we go.

Will be growing Cinderella G13 purchased from True North Seed Bank
2021-12-01 13.57.26.jpg
Cinderella99 g13 labs

Cinderella  info.PNG

I was searching through THC Farmer and noticed an area that educates you with the benefits of the plant. I found this very beneficial and though sharing it.
Cinderella thc content info.PNG

The plant will be growing in two seperate areas. The only difference in these areas is the size of the room and the light that is in there.
Seedling & Veg will be done in a tent and once the plant is gowned and ready to push to flower than it will be moved to flower room.

Tent=2x2x8 | Flower room 4x6x10
Light= Due to advertisement and our sponsors this is hidden. However, @SpiderFarmerLED have great lights.
Nutrients= Green Leaf Nutrients | Mega Crop Two Parts | @greenleafnutrients
Megacrop1.PNG

Temperature adjuster : Inkbird | @inkbird
Inkbird

Here are the grow blocks i've purchased for this grow.
Grow Blocks.jpg
Uni slab

I will be following these charts to ensure that my environment is on point. The inkbird will ensure that the temps of the room are on point.
Hydroponic ph range.PNG
Plant enviroment.png

I follow this chart to figure the problems out. I do have to admit that these charts are good. However, the help of THC farmers has thought me on why these issues arises.
1plant deffeciency.jpg

On November 24th, i dropped a bean in a cup of water and put it inside kitchen cabinet. This bean sinked in two days and so i dropped it in a small rockwool cube and put it inside the tent in a dome. I turned the heater on so that inside the dome would be 26c/80f and help the humidity to rise to 60%+

On November 28th it was sprouted and the 1st set of leaves were opened. The current picture below is from December 1st and the seedling is looking healthy. The stretching is due to the light i had it under at 1st. This was just a 5600k led light to ensure that i don't burn the seedling. Since i noticed the stretching i decided to put it under my main light which is 130w full spectrum with a light intensity adjuster. Currently, the seedling is under 5000 lux.

2021-12-01 10.17.35.jpg

Today i noticed roots coming out from the bottom of the rockwool, so i have prepared a rockwool cube. The beauty of this is that there is no transplanting shock. as i will be inserting this small rockwool in a bigger one. Temps are a bit low. 22c at 54% Rh. The light intensity is at 15% to provide a 5000 lux at 2.5ft height. The nutrient level is at 0.5EC and ph at 5.8 currently.
I like to get the ph lower to 5.5 and as she grows i will rise the nutrient levels to her needs.
2021-12-01 15.04.05.jpg

I am super excited for this grow and thank you everyone for tuning in.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
why the paper towel under the block? i'd pull that out for fear of it drying and extracting moisture from the block. the deltas are designed to have adequate airflow under em, and in that tray it'll be just fine sitting right in the tray.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Dec 5th | Update

The true leaves are starting to develop and the plant is currently at 12 inches. It's a bit more stretched that i would like it to be but not much we can do except for turning the intensity of the light a bit higher. Currently at 7000 Lux and i have also put a black cable straper with a hook on top to support the long stem.

I am in the process of creating a DIY mini fan just so that there is minor air circulation which would make the stem to have a minor shakes. This will help the stem to grow stronger.
It's currently winter time here and its been a battle keeping the temps and humidity in check. I will upload some photos of that later.

Currently the temps are at 23c 73f with 56% but i think it would be fine and the seedling does look happy and healthy. I know that by how the color of the leaves are. They have a nice green to them and it is not overly to light or to dark green.
2021 12 05 113118
2021 12 05 113602

On December 1st was when i inserted the small rockwool into the 3" rockwool cube. The rockwool still has good amount of water/nutrients in it but it is not leaking when its held. For now I will leave it be and thanks to @Dirtbag tip, I will let it get more on the dryer side to allow the roots to develop more.

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
why the paper towel under the block? i'd pull that out for fear of it drying and extracting moisture from the block. the deltas are designed to have adequate airflow under em, and in that tray it'll be just fine sitting right in the tray.
That was likely from my recommendation to set it on some paper tower initially to draw some water out, just so the block wasn't fully saturated when he transplanted.

I didn't mean to leave it there though @PK1 🤣

PK1

PK1

Supporter
That was likely from my recommendation to set it on some paper tower initially to draw some water out, just so the block wasn't fully saturated when he transplanted.

I didn't mean to leave it there though @PK1 🤣
i think that was your recommendation when i water the heck out of the rock wool so you suggested it, so i could get more root development. I think it helped allot as two days later i had roots at the bottom. I am wondering what your thoughts are on the 8 day process?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
i think that was your recommendation when i water the heck out of the rock wool so you suggested it, so i could get more root development. I think it helped allot as two days later i had roots at the bottom. I am wondering what your thoughts are on the 8 day process?
goddamn! two days is impressive. Are you in the 3" or 4" deltas?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
goddamn! two days is impressive. Are you in the 3" or 4" deltas?
i have them in the 4" cubes now. i loved the each transplant part. Just stick the cube into the new one and later once it has gowned more i will put this 4" on top of the slab once.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
sonofabitch. it took like a week, week and a half for my clones to get roots to the bottom of the cubes. learned something else today! will give that technique a try next round.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
sonofabitch. it took like a week, week and a half for my clones to get roots to the bottom of the cubes. learned something else today! will give that technique a try next round.
Yeah drawing water out so they are damp but not saturated makes them root way faster. Keep in mind though, seeds have a taproot and clones don't, and that taproot goes straight down faster than clones roots will.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
8 day process?

Reactions: PK1
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yeah drawing water out so they are damp but not saturated makes them root way faster. Keep in mind though, seeds have a taproot and clones don't, and that taproot goes straight down faster than clones roots will.
that makes sense. i figured shaking the shit out of the deltas would've got em dry enough. something to experiment with either way, unless i decide to switch to 3" deltas instead. finally settled on this medium though. by far the easiest yet, even if shit grows out of control way too quick.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
that makes sense. i figured shaking the shit out of the deltas would've got em dry enough. something to experiment with either way, unless i decide to switch to 3" deltas instead. finally settled on this medium though. by far the easiest yet, even if shit grows out of control way too quick.
to be honest, its been about five days and ever since i've removed the paper towel the cube has been constantly moist. Not wet that it would dripping but you can feel that it is holding enough water.
My only concern is not knowing the nutrient levels in there after it was fed last which was four days a go

tobh

tobh

Supporter
to be honest, its been about five days and ever since i've removed the paper towel the cube has been constantly moist. Not wet that it would dripping but you can feel that it is holding enough water.
My only concern is not knowing the nutrient levels in there after it was fed last which was four days a go
i wouldn't stress about that. you'll know when they're ready, they get SUPER lightweight. frankly, i don't pay much attention to media until, well, where i'm at now, which is the critical time in a plant's life to avoid fuckups. veg isn't such a big deal, but flower is where things hurt more if they go sideways.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i wouldn't stress about that. you'll know when they're ready, they get SUPER lightweight. frankly, i don't pay much attention to media until, well, where i'm at now, which is the critical time in a plant's life to avoid fuckups. veg isn't such a big deal, but flower is where things hurt more if they go sideways.
Ok, as long as i don't have to worry about the levels in the rockwool than, you are right. i have no concerns of veg mode and shit can go really fast sideways in flower if you don't catch it quickly.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That's deadly @tobh!

Pretty neat to see that I've inspired a few of you here to try these slabs. Hugo's are so much more common among weed growers and I'm not sure why. The first time I tried the slab it was clearly superior on many levels.

For anyone curious where I got the idea, it was Everest Fernandez on his YouTube channel. I was friends with this guy on the Just4Growers Facebook page about 5 or 10 years ago and helped him with advice to setup his first indoor grow years ago, before he started his youtube channel and went full sponsor lol, so I found it super cool that he is now teaching me stuff. This dude is one smart cookie. Like an information sponge..

Anyway, watching this video is why I decided to give them a try. Glad I did. Never plan to use anything but from here out.

Top Bottom