Cinderella G13 | Grow Block | Growing in rockwool

• Thread starter PK1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
i can add h2o2 with enzymes? I thought h2o2 would kill the enzymes
H202 will certainly oxidize your enzymes; yes. Inactivating them.

Contact with hydrogen peroxide will cause damage to anything it can react with, but the enzyme will slow down the process by neutralizing the poison.

Catalase is a very common enzyme that is present in almost all organisms that are exposed to oxygen. ... To prevent such damage, the catalase enzyme helps getting rid of these compounds by breaking up hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) into harmless water and oxygen.

LigninPolymerisation
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Yea, the thing you want to watch though is too much; too much pressure can be a trap in and of itself. Depending on the setup. I think good quality pumps should have a nice range to work within.
I can control too much pressure by opening up the valve or removing the end caps of the 3/4inch plex pipes. This will allow more water to drain out, but no pressure is harder to work with. hehe

That's what I was missing on this setup; I realize I've come in late. Is the return line under some plastic in there? Is some of the hardware in there covered up with plastic?
i know from growing in dwc that you don't want light to hit your rez. The back end of the bed is open and the light shined right into the rez that used to be used for dwc. So, i've got some reflective plastic sheet on top of the lid to stop the light from shining through. Recently, i also added a 4" air vent to it so that i can grab the cold air outside and bring the rez water down to 71f

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I can control too much pressure by opening up the valve or removing the end caps of the 3/4inch plex pipes. This will allow more water to drain out, but no pressure is harder to work with. hehe

i know from growing in dwc that you don't want light to hit your rez. The back end of the bed is open and the light shined right into the rez that used to be used for dwc. So, i've got some reflective plastic sheet on top of the lid to stop the light from shining through. Recently, i also added a 4" air vent to it so that i can grab the cold air outside and bring the rez water down to 71f
Yea, good idea. The insulation in the warm months is going to be a good payoff. Keeping those roots cooler than the canopy is really a big oversight IMO. I think keeping things cooler down there really helps improve respiration; on some level or another. I think of plants along the lines of a living one way battery of sorts.

Keeping those ground leads cool is fundamental to normal operation of the entire system.

Flow electrons reactions reaction stage photosynthesis Arrows
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Woo...all caught up 😃 great diary pk1.i enjoyed that..good to see theres some revheads amongst us 💪.
I've always liked Cinderella and/or G13; both really solid iconic cultivars IMO; great vigor; consistent results; and the smelly. They cycle a little longer than I like to wait; but not badly so. 11->12 weeks is long as I want to wait period. I prefer to keep it under 9-10

Madmax

Madmax

Me too.ive eyed it off quite a few times but never pulled the trigger. very popular and i like its flowering time.i could near pull off an extra grow running her.

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Woo...all caught up 😃 great diary pk1.i enjoyed that..good to see theres some revheads amongst us 💪.
I've always liked Cinderella and/or G13; both really solid iconic cultivars IMO; great vigor; consistent results; and the smelly. They cycle a little longer than I like to wait; but not badly so.
welcome aboard guys.
@Madmax thanks for all the love/likes. The system is still not complete as i am waiting for a panda hydroponic plastic film to arrive. This will stop the light shining through and removing the moisture that needs to build up under the plastic.

I've always liked Cinderella and/or G13; both really solid iconic cultivars IMO; great vigor; consistent results; and the smelly. They cycle a little longer than I like to wait; but not badly so. 11->12 weeks is long as I want to wait period. I prefer to keep it under 9-10
G13 is the breeders and this the 2nd time i am running them. I do agree and they do take longer to complete. I think last round i harvested a bit early. The smell is okay but that BB Cheese is already smelly at vegetative stage. I am definitely going to clone her since its my last bean. I wish i could mother her but space is a problem.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
9 finger leaves!

9 is my favorite number and fuck me number 9 is coming up everywhere lately...from movies to tent tours! :P

Looking good, so with the blueberry cheese your getting wicked aromas already from it?

I've noticed my OG Kush has much more smell then White Widow did on day 40 of flower, my Kush is day 4 of flower and much more smell.
in wool, pretty much anything will stink in veg. cannabis loves it as a media. personally i'd toss any plant that doesn't start stinking the place up by week five or six of veg. not worth the effort imo.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

in wool, pretty much anything will stink in veg. cannabis loves it as a media. personally i'd toss any plant that doesn't start stinking the place up by week five or six of veg. not worth the effort imo.
Have you grown White Widow before?

Mine took ages to start smelling, i think indicas smell less than sativas don't they?

But yeah week 6-7 mine started to stink up but after curing wow i was driving the other week and had a small bud in my chest pocket and my eyes were burning, the smell was insane.🙂

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Have you grown White Widow before?

Mine took ages to start smelling, i think indicas smell less than sativas don't they?

But yeah week 6-7 mine started to stink up but after curing wow i was driving the other week and had a small bud in my chest pocket and my eyes were burning, the smell was insane.🙂
yeah, it was one of the first packs of beans i bought from nirvana circa 2006ish. can't recall what my experience was with it, been way too many genetics and way too many growers between then and now. what i do recall was it was some excellent stuff.

any plant can emminate volatile compounds in veg -- ie terpenes. personally, i find the terpenes more important than the thc %, so if a given set of genetics aren't making my house smell like growing weed by the time alternating nodes are happening, i don't waste my time waiting to find out if they're gonna "grow into it" later on. have way too many beans in the vault to be wasting time on shit that don't stink lol

PK1

PK1

Supporter
9 finger leaves!

9 is my favorite number and fuck me number 9 is coming up everywhere lately...from movies to tent tours! :P

Looking good, so with the blueberry cheese your getting wicked aromas already from it?

I've noticed my OG Kush has much more smell then White Widow did on day 40 of flower, my Kush is day 4 of flower and much more smell.
its actually 8 fingers. I made a mistake on the 1st count lol!

Ya, The BB Cheese already has a yumi aroma to it. There is a fan hanging on the wall behind the plants and I can smell the aroma as soon as I get close to it.
I can't wait to get her into flower. She is going to be very tasty. 🤤

Really? I can't smell much from the Amnesia or Cinderella even when they were in flower, but my nose is also fukt . 😄

yeah, it was one of the first packs of beans i bought from nirvana circa 2006ish. can't recall what my experience was with it, been way too many genetics and way too many growers between then and now. what i do recall was it was some excellent stuff.

i don't waste my time waiting to find out if they're gonna "grow into it" later on. have way too many beans in the vault to be wasting time on shit that don't stink lol
lol, ok this explains.

Casimpi

Casimpi

any plant can emminate volatile compounds in veg -- ie terpenes. personally, i find the terpenes more important than the thc %, so if a given set of genetics aren't making my house smell like growing weed by the time alternating nodes are happening, i don't waste my time waiting to find out if they're gonna "grow into it" later on. have way too many beans in the vault to be wasting time on shit that don't stink lol

I am new to all of this with only having grown under 20 plants but I noticed this too. The Strawberry Cough and Zkittlez I grew last time together had a big difference. I could start to smell the SC any time I messed with it in veg even after 5-6 weeks from seed vs the Zkittlez only later in flower.

After harvest it stayed true that the SC smelled way better and stronger vs the Zkit.

With my 2 current runs I am stem rubbing and can already tell some terp profiles. I did not know how legit this was to translate to flower results, but it seems that it does.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Did the Strawberry Cough strain come before or after the 2006 movie Children Of Men?

When i watched that movie, Michael Caine was the grower of Strawberry Cough, anyone seen it?

Even the cat looks stoned in one pic.😄

Cat2
Mc
Mc3
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
its actually 8 fingers. I made a mistake on the 1st count lol!

Ya, The BB Cheese already has a yumi aroma to it. There is a fan hanging on the wall behind the plants and I can smell the aroma as soon as I get close to it.
I can't wait to get her into flower. She is going to be very tasty. 🤤

Really? I can't smell much from the Amnesia or Cinderella even when they were in flower, but my nose is also fukt . 😄

lol, ok this explains.
Blue cheese was one of the nicest plants I've grown. Super stinky and tasty. I think the one I had a cut of was from Barney's farm. Only tested at like 13%THC though, but I didn't care, I'd smoke it first over anything g else almost every time.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Blue cheese was one of the nicest plants I've grown. Super stinky and tasty. I think the one I had a cut of was from Barney's farm. Only tested at like 13%THC though, but I didn't care, I'd smoke it first over anything g else almost every time.
I had the chance to smoke that strain once and wow it's a lovely strain to smoke.

Can i just say all you growers are making it REALLY hard for me to choose my next strain...

I might start a thread with a poll...🙃

Top Bottom