City Cultivation Ban?

• Thread starter v1sual
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

And then it's very likely that AUMA (the Adult Use Marijuana Act) may end up on the ballot as well, and if it passes, all those bans go out the window, IIRC. Zero taxation on medical cannabis as well, I like that.
The AUMA just appears to be the same schwag legislation WA and CO got. I call it super regulation that destroys the cottage industry and creates a monopoly for pre existing shop owners and predatory corporate money bags to come in and take over. If I'm wrong though, I would like to know, please enlighten me.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
The AUMA just appears to be the same schwag legislation WA and CO got. I call it super regulation that destroys the cottage industry and creates a monopoly for pre existing shop owners and predatory corporate money bags to come in and take over. If I'm wrong though, I would like to know, please enlighten me.
Your not.
Sea You really beleive medical mj willbe tax free? That's flat out laughable! Not in this country. We were raised on greed and there's just no way. The industry will be built off taxation.
And correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Cali's med mj was taxed already?

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Your not.
Sea You really beleive medical mj willbe tax free? That's flat out laughable! Not in this country. We were raised on greed and there's just no way. The industry will be built off taxation.
I think it's only taxed at like 5%, or whatever local city tax is for said dispensary. After NORML sponsored "legalization" it will be closer to 70%, just like Colorado and WA. Only chance we have for REAL legalization is if Bernie Sanders wins the presidency. He will make it federally legal and remove it from the drug schedule. Then it will be like Tomatoes, as it should be. That's what real legalization looks like.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I think a "Jefferson State discussion" would be a nice thread to start somewhere. I'm curious to see what happens in the industry over the next few years. We certainly live in interesting times.

Yea, I brought up the state of Jefferson in another thread, and right away SeaMaiden who seems to oppose the movement brought up several points that I had not thought of. Tag me if you start that thread or somebody else does. I would be interested in why that might work, or might not. Seems like it could be an answer to this local ban crap.

I don't quite know how it all fits in, but why did the Governor give the counties more time? Past the March deadline? I think it's because the more time that passes, the more bans they will implemented.

Edit: opps, it was this thread.lol

Last edited:
liketosmoke

liketosmoke

This is the answer to the bans go sign the petition to get it on the ballot.
You have till april 20. Go volunteer CCHI.org Stops all bans, only 10% tax
CALIFORNIA CANNABIS HEMP INITIATIVE 2016
(The Jack Herer Initiative)
AN INITIATIVE OF THE PEOPLE OF CALIFORNIA TO END HEMP PROHIBITION IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA

Decriminalizes cannabis hemp. Creates and funds new cannabis hemp based industries and jobs. 10% tax only
Permits the use of marijuana by adults 21 and older and licenses, regulates, enforces, and taxes recreational marijuana sales just like beer and wine.
Requires that 50% of excise taxes collected from sales of recreational cannabis be made available to be used for the development, promotion, and assistance in the creation of new businesses with high paying jobs in the industrial, nutritional, and medicinal cannabis hemp industries.
Prohibits any and all taxation of medicinal cannabis, and expands the accessibility of medicinal cannabis used in accordance with Proposition 215. Requires all state laws and local ordinances that conflict with CCHI be repealed or amended to conform. Prohibits cities and counties from imposing discriminatory, excessive, or prohibitive zoning requirements and fees on cannabis outlets.
Allows farmers to grow industrial hemp and hemp seed, and allows industries and entrepreneurs to use the crop for the many uses and applications that hemp provides, both historically and modern. Restricts the use in California of trans-genetically modified Cannabis seeds.
Eliminates the unfair practice of drug testing for Cannabis metabolites, which can be retained in the human body for months. Impairment testing for non-metabolized cannabis, a more effective and accurate measurement for impairment or recent usage, would replace the metabolite test.
Mandates that the state establish performance based standards, similar to those established for alcohol, to determine levels of impairment for safe operation of motor vehicles and other equipment.
Allows for the release and discharge of people currently being punished for non –violent marijuana offenses, saving taxpayers millions of dollars annually and freeing up jail space, judicial and crime fighting resources.
Removes Cannabis hemp from the California Uniform Controlled Substances Act, effectively ending our implicit agreement that allows the Federal Government to regulate Cannabis as a Schedule I drug in California and to reassert our sovereign state’s right to grow and use cannabis as we see fit.
Prohibits California Law enforcement from assisting Federal Drug agents attempting to enforce federal laws that are no longer illegal by reason of this legislation.
Allows for personal use and possession of Cannabis grown for personal consumption. Caps the excise tax for commercial sales at 10% of retail price. Caps the license fees for commercial production, distribution, and sales at 1000$.
Allows a physician to approve or recommend medicinal cannabis without fear of repercussion to all patients, regardless of age.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I will say this again,there is no where near alot of us to sign CCHI,we dont seem to be able to sign online and i have spoken with a CCHI rep (member here also) and even he had not been able to get the paperwork he needed to have folks sign last i spoke with him.
I support CCHI,even donated money, but it sure seems they are dooming themselves from the get go,with no access to be able to sign,shit at least let me print out,sign and mail it in!
Maybe im missing something,Is it illegal to let folks sign online or to download, sign and mail it in?Ive signed many things like it before by just giving name,address and signature?Its a big state and theres no way Reps can be everywhere and make it convenient for all who want to sign.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Just found this,I guess each signature must be witnessed.Time for some updates to this law written in 1911!
A circulator of a state initiative must be 18 years of age or older. Each section shall have attached thereto a declaration by the circulator of the petition setting forth, in the circulator's own hand, the following (Elections Code §§ 102,104, 9022):

• The printed name of the circulator.
  • The residence address of the circulator, giving street and number, or if no street or number exists, adequate designation of residence so that the location may be readily ascertained.
  • The dates between which all the signatures affixed to the petition were obtained.
Each declaration submitted pursuant to this section shall also set forth the following (Elections Code §§ 104, 9022):

• That the circulator is 18 years of age or older.
  • That the circulator circulated the petition section and witnessed the appended signatures being written.
  • That according to the best information and belief of the circulator, each signature is the genuine signature of the person whose name it purports to be.
  • That the declaration is true and correct under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California.
The declaration must be signed under penalty of perjury. The declaration does not need to be sworn before a notary public or other officer authorized to administer oaths, but must include the circulator's signature, date, and place of signing preceding the circulator’s signature. (Elections Code §§ 104, 9022; Code Civ. Proc. § 2015.5.)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You can call it that, but I saw a far better structure that would allow for... "boutique" and small scale growers than what we're dealing with now with MMRSA.
Your not.
Reading AUMA, if it were to be passed, the medical providers and purchases would not be taxed. Recreational would be. That's the language that I saw. I have no quarrel with recreational being legal and taxed.
I don't quite know how it all fits in, but why did the Governor give the counties more time? Past the March deadline? I think it's because the more time that passes, the more bans they will implemented.
The March 1 deadline is what has spurred the spate of rapid bannings. They don't know what to do, so they say fuck it, we're banning altogether. A very few have actually worked to maintain patient accessibility or at least an ability to cultivate sufficient amounts. A majority have gone the opposite direction, and a very scant few are actually embracing the new structure.
I will say this again,there is no where near alot of us to sign CCHI,we dont seem to be able to sign online and i have spoken with a CCHI rep (member here also) and even he had not been able to get the paperwork he needed to have folks sign last i spoke with him.
I support CCHI,even donated money, but it sure seems they are dooming themselves from the get go,with no access to be able to sign,shit at least let me print out,sign and mail it in!
Maybe im missing something,Is it illegal to let folks sign online or to download, sign and mail it in?Ive signed many things like it before by just giving name,address and signature?Its a big state and theres no way Reps can be everywhere and make it convenient for all who want to sign.
Fucking THIS!!! ^^^ You're repeating my own frustration with CCHI. It's all well and good, IF it gets onto the ballot. There's only one way that's done. Why has it been so easy to find someone with an AUMA petition, but not CCHI?

liketosmoke

liketosmoke

I just sent a email to buddy I see what he has to say. no money will be the reply.
AUMA petition has big business backing it ,CCHI does not
Satewide Coordinator
Buddy Duzy
[email protected]

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Indeed, but isn't it a volunteer thing? And so many growers seem to be so on board with and so passionate about CCHI, but I don't see anyone out there with the petitions. It doesn't take much to be a volunteer for this sort of thing.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Your not.

Not everyone was raised on greed. I was raised on hard work and honesty . I`m in favor of CCHI2016.org and it`s looking more and more likely it will be on the ballet for the 2016 elections. I`d never vote for a Tax, Control and Regulate bill ! I`ve been growing for over 50 years and facing major Jail time most of that time didn`t force me to change what I feel is right so no controls will ether! Live free or Die !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Not everyone was raised on greed. I was raised on hard work and honesty . I`m in favor of CCHI2016.org and it`s looking more and more likely it will be on the ballet for the 2016 elections. I`d never vote for a Tax, Control and Regulate bill ! I`ve been growing for over 50 years and facing major Jail time most of that time didn`t force me to change what I feel is right so no controls will ether! Live free or Die !
ThAH9PH8SO
LFD
Live free or die
ThIMQ0D385
ThH9UOL777
ThTF6SSDOG

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
For those having trouble finding a place to sign I feel for you. This is a grass roots org. and runs on volunteers and donations only. It is using recourses where it feels it is most likely to achieve the most. If you search it`s site you can find places to sign and if not near enough for your abilities and efforts please call for more info, numbers are on the site but the site is not well updated at times ,so call!

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Reading AUMA, if it were to be passed, the medical providers and purchases would not be taxed. Recreational would be. That's the language that I saw. I have no quarrel with recreational being legal and taxed.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if it were to be passed, the medical providers and purchases would GO AWAY COMPLETELY within 1-2 years! The lobbyists don't tell you this when they are trying to get "legalization" passed, but there is no way that a highly taxed market can compete with an untaxed, or even lesser taxed, market. They say, "this measure will help the mmj industry, not hurt it." They lie! Within 1 year of legalization, laws will be written and passed that shuts down or converts all dispensaries to the state regulated model. The law will also dramatically limit the number of plants and weight a patient or caregiver can grow. In WA it went from 45 plants/4.5# per collective garden, to 15 plants/6oz per collective garden AND from 15 plants/24oz per individual patient to 4 plants/2 oz per individual patient. Lastly caregivers and patients will NOT be able to vend product to dispensaries anymore. Guaranteed. All stores that actually survive the conversion will have to buy from state licensed vendors only and will be monitored with cameras and a strict seed to sale barcode system.

Thanks NORML!

How do I know all this? Look at history. That's what has happened in all 3 states that have passed corporate sponsored "legalization" so far. California needs to HOLD OUT FOR SOMETHING BETTER. That CCHI looks like the best option. Too bad the deck is rigged.

Last edited:
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well they are very close to having enough signatures to get it on the ballet for 2016 and because it would be a vote of the people if it were to win, it could not be corrupted by our representatives in office with any amendments. I`m still not in favor of any tax, not even the 10% tax this bill would imposes as our government does not seem able to spend any amounts wisely and for the good of the people so even CCHI is a compromise for me, but I see nothing better out there.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Well they are very close to having enough signatures to get it on the ballet for 2016 and because it would be a vote of the people if it were to win, it could not be corrupted by our representatives in office with any amendments. I`m still not in favor of any tax, not even the 10% tax this bill would imposes as our government does not seem able to spend any amounts wisely and for the good of the people so even CCHI is a compromise for me, but I see nothing better out there.
Well if CCHI is a compromise for you, your head will probably explode if NORML's AUMA passes and the 0% taxes you were promised turns into 70%. We were promised the same 0% tax for medical, "we promise this won't hurt the patients" BS here in WA. They were right about the 0% tax though, because there will be 0% medical dispensaries open and therefore 0% sales come July 26th when SB5052 takes effect. Thanks NORML!

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if it were to be passed, the medical providers and purchases would GO AWAY COMPLETELY within 1-2 years! The lobbyists don't tell you this when they are trying to get "legalization" passed, but there is no way that a highly taxed market can compete with an untaxed, or even lesser taxed, market. They say, "this measure will help the mmj industry, not hurt it." They lie! Within 1 year of legalization, laws will be written and passed that shuts down or converts all dispensaries to the state regulated model. The law will also dramatically limit the number of plants and weight a patient or caregiver can grow. In WA it went from 45 plants/4.5# per collective garden, to 15 plants/6oz per collective garden AND from 15 plants/24oz per individual patient to 4 plants/2 oz per individual patient. Lastly caregivers and patients will NOT be able to vend product to dispensaries anymore. Guaranteed. All stores that actually survive the conversion will have to buy from state licensed vendors only and will be monitored with cameras and a strict seed to sale barcode system.

Thanks NORML!

How do I know all this? Look at history. That's what has happened in all 3 states that have passed corporate sponsored "legalization" so far. California needs to HOLD OUT FOR SOMETHING BETTER. That CCHI looks like the best option. Too bad the deck is rigged.
It's going to go down no doubt about it! Once they get these bills passed they WILL go and change everything to better suit big biz.

liketosmoke

liketosmoke

I wish this was true,the IG page for CCHI2016 saied they still need 400.000 more ppl to sign and 200,000 have signed with 2 more months to go april 20 deadline.
Requires that 50% of excise taxes collected from sales of recreational cannabis be made available to be used for the development, promotion, and assistance in the creation of new businesses with high paying jobs in the industrial, nutritional, and medicinal cannabis hemp industries.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
They have nearly 500.000 signatures as of last week. Like I said they are grassroots and short on man power. There site is behind most of the time. It`s very possible they will have a ballet to vote on in the 2016 elections.

Top Bottom