Cks Purple Kush & White Cookies Led+hid Tent Grow!

• Thread starter scubascrog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
scubascrog

scubascrog

:)
Terpinator

G

GreenScreen

New here and about to attempt my first grow, I was going to go the economic route but I really like your setup scubascrog and want to base mine off of yours. Heres what I see that I need to get, let me know if I'm missing something.

Hortilux 600w hps
Yield Air 6" cool tube
Platinum p600
Gorilla 4x4 tent
acurite digital meter
hurricane 6" inline fan (thats what it looks like to me)
2 oscillating fans
humidifier
Charcoal Filters ( Which model are you using/recommend? Im leaning towards pHresh 6x16)
Ducting

Not shown but also getting-
Kill a watt surge protector
Titan controller apollo 4 (for lamp, I'm assuming I will need 2 one for each lamp)
Titan controler mercury 4 (for fan)
Apollo 600 watt ballast
pH meter

Im also going to use the same soil and nutes you are using. I figure since its my first time, Ill just copy someone elses setup/process for simplicity sake.

scubascrog

scubascrog

Hey man welcome to the forums! the grass is definitely green here, I'm active on all of them and I log into this one the most :)
And I'm honored to be your inspiration for design, I carefully weighed out all the options in terms of lighting, no sense spending thousands on an led, even though platinum is pretty expensive the light is really good to start out the grow with and save money during veg, and still kick ass when it's time to flower, the cool tube comes on in late veg on low so they don't start burning under the hps and all of a sudden it's a God damn jungle, I've absolutely tortured the hell out of these ladies but I think they are the BDSM type cause they show almost no stress under the spectrum. The one thing I can say though that has caused me trouble is my ph, get an ro filter. I got a cheap one it's called ro buddy for like 60 bucks, takes forever though cause 50gpd, I'd get the 100gpd model. Also watering is a bitch in my setup, get a drip pan and raise it up enough to drain into something or your watering process is going to be hours.
The hurricane 6 inch fans work a little bit but shortly shit out I wouldn't buy them without knowing you'll be buying more before the grow is up , I just got an 8 inch fan that kicks their asses I'll upload a pic of it soon. For the filter they are pretty much all the same, the small one I have hooked up to the ipower moves a lot of air.

But yeah man cheers! Can't wait to see your setup when it's done!!!

Last edited:
scubascrog

scubascrog

Oh and for the lamp the Titan controls one has 2 outlets, I wouldn't get the day night controller it's a waste of money, it only comes on at night so a regular one will do if you drop below 65 at night.

G

GreenScreen

Oh and for the lamp the Titan controls one has 2 outlets, I wouldn't get the day night controller it's a waste of money, it only comes on at night so a regular one will do if you drop below 65 at night.

Thanks for your input, still figuring a lot of this out. I saw the titan 9 has two outlets which I found in a thread by Rmoltis. And I will be getting a Hyper Fan 6" - 315 CFM Inline Fan W/fan Speed Controller. Then I wont have to get additional speed controller for hyper fan. Will this fan choice work with the Phresh 6x16 (400 CFM) I plan on getting
So Im thinking run the LED and hyper fan to the Titan 9 and getting a Titan 4 for the HPS lamp. I'm gonna get the ipower 600 cool tube with add on wing (is getting the xl wing worth it?) and digital ballast. Will also get MH lamp that comes with that for veg stage in addition to platinum600 LED that will be running (it couldn't hurn right)

Also looking into RO buddie 100gpd. Will get drip pan and place the plants on a rack above it to make watering easier as per your recommendation. I prefer sativa dominant strains so I hope Im not taking away too much vertical space with the drip pan addition.

Also, whats your filter, fan, lamp connection setup cuz I see it being done in different ways depending on the grower. Looks like you are scrubbing which is what I will most likely be doing. How is that in controlling the odor so far?

I was just planning to grow some dissant smokeable bud, nothing spectacular, but the more time I spend here makes me want to try to grow the best bud I can. So my budget is now almost double of what I originally planned on spending.

scubascrog

scubascrog

it smells really clean, like out of an oxygen machine.. lol
as for the wing its not worth its there is no room.....
as for the fan, you dont have to spend the extra bucks on a small one to make room if you can wall mount it above the tent you can just route the tube out and back in for the tube. http://www.amazon.com/iPower-GLFANX...ie=UTF8&qid=1455664135&sr=1-1&keywords=ipower all in one works great and only a few more bucks than that inline fan :)

G

GreenScreen

Sweet, will give this one a go. What fan speed controller do you recommend for this one. Will a variac suffice?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
20160204 172623

One of the things I like most about the mercury 4.
Is that it saves you electricity.

It runs at a low idle speed when hovering at or below target temp. And only speeds up to combat short periods of higher temperatures.

For example when my home furnace kicks on the tent temp goes up 1 degree. But the mercury 4 adjusts the speed up slightly. It doesn't go full tilt from an increase in temp (especially not 1°). Rather it raises it's rpm's incrementaly until it hits the speed that controls the target temp. Then when furnace turns off it stabilizes back down to 79°.

If I want a lower tent temp at fan idle speed I need to only adjust my lights up some. Just part of dialing in the controller.

The mercury 4 is kind of like driving your car on flat ground.
You would not have to press the accelerator much to maintain a stable speed using little fuel.

But when you approach a hill.
You need to give it some extra fuel to maintain that same speed.

Now imagine a car who's accelerator is fixed to deliver a specific constant fuel amount. Meant to keep it going a stable speed on flat ground.

Once it approaches a hill it doesn't have the power to maintain that same speed.
It will drop below target speed.

That would be the "basic fan speed controller".
Which is a compromise. Like this one here.

You could make said car constantly burn a larger amount of fuel to compensate for stable hill speed.
But you'd be getting bad gas mileage on flat ground.

My tent is currently drawing at the wall 480 watts running 430w draw ballast, 15 watt draw on low oscillating fan, 40w draw 6" 400cfm centrifugal fan at idle . Remove a few watts from air cooled m.h. drawing less current.

The centrifugal can fan draws 126 watts at full tilt.
So gotta save electricity wherever I/we can.

Both options work, just a matter of what you prefer.

Last edited:
G

GreenScreen

I get what you are saying @rmoltis, I'm still debating on which one. I like how there is a temp probe on mercury 4 and adjusts fan according to temp. The room I'm planning on putting tent in is drafty so temp fluctuations will be all over the place. Will go to turning on lights at night as my grow wont be until mid to late march and may extend into June since I'm going with sativa strains-a good sativa strain is pretty hard to find around my way and most indicas just give me couchlock, some like bubba kush in particular gives me paranoia. So Im just going to go for it and go sativa for my first grow. Still prepping and learning before I attempt this. Also still have to wait for all supplies to be delivered when I eventually decide for sure what I am getting.

Those are some beautiful plants you got there @scubascrog. Cant wait to see how it turns out. Keep those updates coming. Gonna try and keep my equipment issues on my thread instead and let everyone just enjoy this grow of yours. Feel free to stop by.

scubascrog

scubascrog

I get what you are saying @rmoltis, I'm still debating on which one. I like how there is a temp probe on mercury 4 and adjusts fan according to temp. The room I'm planning on putting tent in is drafty so temp fluctuations will be all over the place. Will go to turning on lights at night as my grow wont be until mid to late march and may extend into June since I'm going with sativa strains-a good sativa strain is pretty hard to find around my way and most indicas just give me couchlock, some like bubba kush in particular gives me paranoia. So Im just going to go for it and go sativa for my first grow. Still prepping and learning before I attempt this. Also still have to wait for all supplies to be delivered when I eventually decide for sure what I am getting.

Those are some beautiful plants you got there @scubascrog. Cant wait to see how it turns out. Keep those updates coming. Gonna try and keep my equipment issues on my thread instead and let everyone just enjoy this grow of yours. Feel free to stop by.
you can post email here bro I don't care! :)

G

GreenScreen

you can post email here bro I don't care! :)
LOL, ok so I want to doublecheck with you on setup, I want to make sure I can safely hook these up on wall outlet. I dont want to burn my place down. I checked the circuit breaker and Im working with 15 A. Im sharing it with other room but all I have hooked up to other room is a TV thats never on and cordless telephone.

Will all this hook up safely?

Apollo 4 controller connected to ipower digital ballast iPower 600w digital cooltube setup with a hortilux hps lamp ( 600W 110V @5.5A)- I'm going to hook this up straight to wall

The following will all hook up to Killawatt strip on same wall outlet right under the one used for Apollo 4 and hps ballast

-Mercury 4 controller connected to iPower 6in High CFM Inline Exhausting Fan and Carbon filter (95W 110V@ 0.9 A)

-Apollo 9 controller Platinum p600 LED for flower and veg (wattage for flower 386W 110V @ I figure 3.5 A from P=IV)

-(2)Comfort Zone CZ6C clip on fan 20W and 0.17 A each so 0.34 A total

Will also plug in one of those mini no name ipod dock speakers too so the girls can jam to some tunes while they grow.
I found a cheap one on amazon, i figure 9 bucks after shipping cant be beat.
http://www.amazon.com/Speakers-Gene...80316&sr=1-17&keywords=ipod+dock+speakers#Ask

I assume since it runs on 6 volts DC or 4 AAA it cant be too much amp usage.

I read elsewhere its best to run at 80% max amperage so my limit is 12 A.
Looks like I'm hovering close to it. Are my calculations correct? If so, I should be in the clear then. I assume the amperage from the Apollo controllers would be minimal if any, correct?

Just want to double check with everyone, cuz I dont want to have to run extension cords all over the place.

But one more thing to consider, what do I do when summer comes and I have to turn on AC..... will the extension cords come into play then? I dont want to imagine how hot it would be in that tent when its 95-100 degrees outside with no AC on. All help is greatly appreciated

Top Bottom