Clawing or just genetics? any info would be great

• Thread starter Pants
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
haha nick you talking about those shitty green moisture meters you can put in a cup of water and they read dry 🤣
That meter reading is correct. That's because moisture meters actually measure electrical conductivity. Pure water doesn't conduct electricity because it does not have free electrons or ions to conduct electricity. Add salt to the water and you'll get a different reading because salt contains two electrolytes: sodium and chloride. Electrolytes typically found in soil include magnesium, potassium and calcium.

Last edited:
BB22

BB22

That is correct. That's because moisture meters actually measure electrical conductivity. Pure water doesn't conduct electricity because it does not have free electrons or ions to conduct electricity. Add salt to the water and you'll get a different reading because salt contains two electrolytes: sodium and chloride. Electrolytes typically found in soil include magnesium, potassium and calcium.
I appreciate that Light Meter.

Gets me in the ballpark.

Pay attention to what the plants have to say ✌️

P

Pants

When I went to check in the morning, no wilting/dropping at all.. I run 20/4 because they are autos, maybe that one in particular was resting early since it was close to lights out? anyway, heres the setup (removed screen for now so I can lift test).
IMG 6763

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
When I went to check in the morning, no wilting/dropping at all.. I run 20/4 because they are autos, maybe that one in particular was resting early since it was close to lights out? anyway, heres the setup (removed screen for now so I can lift test). View attachment 2139554
you know what works better than those table tops your using is garage floor tile, the perforated ones in plastic, easy to cut, than it’s easy to move stuff around,..
mine,..

P

Pants

Pic 1 & 2: plant has a few leaves with ‘rust’ colored spots, bottoms of leaves look fine

Pic 3: plant is yellowing/browning at tips

Pic 4: plant is super light colored

P

Pants

thinking Pic #1-2 could be magnesium?

pic #3 could be phosphorus deficient

pic #4 could be overwatered

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
thinking Pic #1-2 could be magnesium?

pic #3 could be phosphorus deficient

pic #4 could be overwatered
looks like what i said before
watering incorrectly and light too close,.
what’s your temp and humidity 24/7?..

P

Pants

temp 68-73
humidity 40%-45%

didnt adjust lights since a month ago but canopies have gotten taller so I raised them another 18”

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Nice Guard Cat !! have one myself BUT have to pay him by letting him defoliate a bit ___________
that’s catnip growing behind the seedlings and he gets cbd oil too

Top Bottom