"Clear Concentrate" praise and questions

• Thread starter EMC2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
yellowhead

yellowhead

To make a gram of concentrate like this, how much bud would need to be used? Doing a butane extraction for argument's sake...

Graywolf

Graywolf

We average just over 20% yield of Absolute by weight, so about five grams.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

just looks like fire oil to me.... maybe a few parameters tweaked...no chopping up..filtering..early...less heat...nothing special there...i mean looks great dont get me wrong, but i dont buy that its solventless...sorry..make me a believer...please.

i mean ive made shit that looks like that plenty of times..just dep on strain n when harv..temps..chop or not..like i already said...

just like gdub said...early sativa..

I agree, no chop and it's always clear as that or lighter, and I use 99% ISO, 30 seconds to 1 minute at room temperature and i get that all day long, nice and hard too.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Damn, that's good! I'm guessing you have a very potent strain to start with?
That is a range of strains, all good. Our high CBD strains tend to be closer to 18% and our high THC closer to 25%.

Lowest I've seen was Catalyst at 5.7% and the highest was grown outdoors by an associates client, and I'm not sure of the strain, but the yield was 28.1%. Not quiet apples and oranges on the 28.1%, because it was manicured first and normally we don't manicure before extraction, just remove the fan leaves and lumber.

fractal

fractal

I think they use a solvent and then clean it up really well.
I saw it there too.
They are bullshitting you, trying to make it some proprietary thing. Maybe the vendor made them promise not to reveal the method. There is no way to make hash oil using heat and pressure without evaporating the resins. It's probably co2 oil or really well cleaned up BHO/hexane oil.

yellowhead

yellowhead

That is a range of strains, all good. Our high CBD strains tend to be closer to 18% and our high THC closer to 25%.

Lowest I've seen was Catalyst at 5.7% and the highest was grown outdoors by an associates client, and I'm not sure of the strain, but the yield was 28.1%. Not quiet apples and oranges on the 28.1%, because it was manicured first and normally we don't manicure before extraction, just remove the fan leaves and lumber.

I think I need to invest in some new beans...

T

Taylor Smith

So I was at the Cup in SF this past weekend. Harborside had a new type of concentrate that was a "clear" Skywalker OG I believe. It was very good, tasty, and heavily medicating.

Here's a link to their site with a pic of the wax.

It was great. They said it was made using heat and pressure.

My question is....How in the world did they produce this? They said it was solvent-less.

Does anyone have any guesses on how to create this? I would love to make this at home. Thanks

what i know forsure is that the terpenes are first romoved then reintroduced after decarbing as for the extraction method im going to assume vacuum distillation/sublimation its the only solventless proccess that can allow you to evaporate the resin right from the bud at low temps and you can also isolate them seperately based on boiling points starting with the terpenes. ive heard that they all have similar tastes so its possible that terpenes extracted from other plants for use in perfumes and flavors could have been added they only say that it is not synthetically flavoured. there are many terpenes so if you added them afterwards youd likely only add the main ones wich would make them taste similar. but if they romoved the terpenes all in one go using the same proccesss for every strain then it is likely that similar terpenes would be extracted and minor more distinct terpenes gets left behind and destroyed in the decarb. after all some terpenes are extremely potent so there could be an incredibly small amount that vacuum distillation just isnt efficient enough to romove

S

SoulSynergySoil

what i know forsure is that the terpenes are first romoved then reintroduced after decarbing as for the extraction method im going to assume vacuum distillation/sublimation its the only solventless proccess that can allow you to evaporate the resin right from the bud at low temps and you can also isolate them seperately based on boiling points starting with the terpenes. ive heard that they all have similar tastes so its possible that terpenes extracted from other plants for use in perfumes and flavors could have been added they only say that it is not synthetically flavoured. there are many terpenes so if you added them afterwards youd likely only add the main ones wich would make them taste similar. but if they romoved the terpenes all in one go using the same proccesss for every strain then it is likely that similar terpenes would be extracted and minor more distinct terpenes gets left behind and destroyed in the decarb. after all some terpenes are extremely potent so there could be an incredibly small amount that vacuum distillation just isnt efficient enough to romove

I believe Clear Concentrates is made using super saturated steam via reduced pressure distillation under vacuum pressure to remove terpenes & cannabinoids of highly aromatic, flavorful, & terpene-rich strains (so some flavor and aroma is preserved through heat thanks to aromatic, flavorful & terpene-rich strains such as Jack Herer). I do not agree with the idea that Clear Concentrates adds terpenes & flavors back into their product a la many co2 cartridges.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
I've Made white wax b4 (egg shell color) frm strawberry diesel. Like @Greywolf said I think it's has to do with strain and ripeness of tricomes , among other things

Confu

CalyxSmokr

CalyxSmokr

I do not agree with the idea that Clear Concentrates adds terpenes & flavors back into their product a la many co2 cartridges.

Which brands do you mean if I may ask?
The ones locally I see are Medwest (tastes really pretty bad so I think no added) and golden goods. Well also Eureka but if it was what I tried in a cart was beyond horrible tasting.
Clear seems pretty good to me. Maybe a little too runny. Seems like fake flavor to me but could believe it is real

they aren't using co2, water, or butane, they've just refined a process that has been around a while. it isn't a cheap process either... i think the buy in is a chunk of change

T

Taylor Smith

I believe Clear Concentrates is made using super saturated steam via reduced pressure distillation under vacuum pressure to remove terpenes & cannabinoids of highly aromatic, flavorful, & terpene-rich strains (so some flavor and aroma is preserved through heat thanks to aromatic, flavorful & terpene-rich strains such as Jack Herer). I do not agree with the idea that Clear Concentrates adds terpenes & flavors back into their product a la many co2 cartridges.

i thought about that a long time ago and i couldnt think of any reason why steam disstilation in a vacuum wouldnt work and it may actually be more plausible then what i just mentioned afterall steam distillation can remove non water solubles the only thing effecting it is the heat which would be drastically reduced in a vacuum but i was shot down by someone who now i know probly had hardly any knowledge of chemistry and thermodynamics. essential oils arent availible as single compounds unless they are synthetic so it aint likely outside oils were added. but there is definately no way they could purify and decarb it without destroying the terpenes so they certainly removed them prior but there were likely some heat that could not be sepparated from the cannabinoids which is why i dont think its entirely impossible they could concoct different flavours from other cannabis plants which i would have no problem with. there are other procceses that other ppl use to get higher thc, i dont think they do this though like converting or removing other cannabinoid into cbd or thc and then controling the amount by mixing them. many ppl feel that all the cannabinoids are important. in my mind the aboslute best and most natural cannabis concentrate would certainly more likely be from clear concentrates and not budder king or anything that high in thc. even a pure cannabinoid product with no impurities, terpenes or alterations would not have thc levels like BK. Im going to try my own more basic vacuum based extraction i recently rebuilt a liquid ring vacuum pump capable of 29"Hg which is twice the vacuum of 28"HG it imploded those plastic dessicators like nothing and even the stainless steel best value chambers on ebay turned into a crushed beer can so im gunna have to build one ill try both with and without steam in both cases the herb will be heated with long wave infrared very very low temperature but penetrates through everything and give a perfect thermal equilibrium the constant flow of expanding steam being sucked away then cooled and collected should definately quicken the proccess. the pump i have is perfect i replaced all seels with a perflouroelastomer wich is elastic but the low friction and inert properties of ptfe but even more heat resistant, the pump was designed for pharaceuticals the liquid ring part of it reduces the the wear and friction drastically reducing particulates so the water and everything else can actually pass right through it and be cooled and collected at pressure rather than in the vacuum, this could be an advantage

Latest posts

Top Bottom