"Clear Concentrate" praise and questions

• Thread starter EMC2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SoulSynergySoil

i thought about that a long time ago and i couldnt think of any reason why steam disstilation in a vacuum wouldnt work and it may actually be more plausible then what i just mentioned afterall steam distillation can remove non water solubles the only thing effecting it is the heat which would be drastically reduced in a vacuum but i was shot down by someone who now i know probly had hardly any knowledge of chemistry and thermodynamics. essential oils arent availible as single compounds unless they are synthetic so it aint likely outside oils were added. but there is definately no way they could purify and decarb it without destroying the terpenes so they certainly removed them prior but there were likely some heat that could not be sepparated from the cannabinoids which is why i dont think its entirely impossible they could concoct different flavours from other cannabis plants which i would have no problem with. there are other procceses that other ppl use to get higher thc, i dont think they do this though like converting or removing other cannabinoid into cbd or thc and then controling the amount by mixing them. many ppl feel that all the cannabinoids are important. in my mind the aboslute best and most natural cannabis concentrate would certainly more likely be from clear concentrates and not budder king or anything that high in thc. even a pure cannabinoid product with no impurities, terpenes or alterations would not have thc levels like BK. Im going to try my own more basic vacuum based extraction i recently rebuilt a liquid ring vacuum pump capable of 29"Hg which is twice the vacuum of 28"HG it imploded those plastic dessicators like nothing and even the stainless steel best value chambers on ebay turned into a crushed beer can so im gunna have to build one ill try both with and without steam in both cases the herb will be heated with long wave infrared very very low temperature but penetrates through everything and give a perfect thermal equilibrium the constant flow of expanding steam being sucked away then cooled and collected should definately quicken the proccess. the pump i have is perfect i replaced all seels with a perflouroelastomer wich is elastic but the low friction and inert properties of ptfe but even more heat resistant, the pump was designed for pharaceuticals the liquid ring part of it reduces the the wear and friction drastically reducing particulates so the water and everything else can actually pass right through it and be cooled and collected at pressure rather than in the vacuum, this could be an advantage
I believe you will need a steam distillation unit, an adapter-kit to put the steam distillation under vacuum-pressure, and a heat source (ideally a scientific hotplate with precise temperature control) to distill, vaporize, and/or sublimate. In reference to your comment on the most wholesome, full-spectrum cannabis extracts: look no further than full melt, clear dome dry sift purified using techniques of electrostatic separation. FMCD dry sift is the most whole, full-spectrum extract because of the fact that many volatile terpenes and cannabinoids are soluble and/or volatile (easily able to evaporate). Thus, all extracts besides dry sifting produce a product that has a mitigated spectrum of medicinal cannabinoids and terpenes due to solubility and/or volatility (i.e. terpenes dissolved in water when making bubble hash which leaves the water used smelling deliciously floral while the bubble hash is left with a diminished flavor and aroma).

S

SoulSynergySoil

Lemon alien dawg

The trick is harvesting with clear trichome heads, also this was run frozen, 3-4 days after harvest. Not to potent but a flavor bomb

I've noticed BHO made with fresh frozen material often produces a less pure product due to water content of fresh frozen material being released and pulling out undesirables such as plant lipids, waxes, and chlorophyl. Have you experienced or noticed this, Wavegem?

Wavegem

Wavegem

I've noticed BHO made with fresh frozen material often produces a less pure product due to water content of fresh frozen material being released and pulling out undesirables such as plant lipids, waxes, and chlorophyl. Have you experienced or noticed this, Wavegem?

Ya def less potent fresh frozen. I try and dry it as fast as possible to preserve flavor but you can see the wax in the product. chlorophyll won't be removed if your material was run frozen. I would still run fresh material because flavor is incredible but only for my head

T

Taylor Smith

I believe you will need a steam distillation unit, an adapter-kit to put the steam distillation under vacuum-pressure, and a heat source (ideally a scientific hotplate with precise temperature control) to distill, vaporize, and/or sublimate. In reference to your comment on the most wholesome, full-spectrum cannabis extracts: look no further than full melt, clear dome dry sift purified using techniques of electrostatic separation. FMCD dry sift is the most whole, full-spectrum extract because of the fact that many volatile terpenes and cannabinoids are soluble and/or volatile (easily able to evaporate). Thus, all extracts besides dry sifting produce a product that has a mitigated spectrum of medicinal cannabinoids and terpenes due to solubility and/or volatility (i.e. terpenes dissolved in water when making bubble hash which leaves the water used smelling deliciously floral while the bubble hash is left with a diminished flavor and aroma).

T

Taylor Smith

i can find some flaws in saying that terpenes are lost in the water but it depends on which parts of the plants we want. from what i know everything we want is contained within the trichomes, the oils in the plant matter is a different type of oil that may have some medical benefits but from what i know the terpenes that produce the strong smells are all within the trichomes. your certainly right in saying that some terpenes are water soluble, otherwise we would not be able to make herbal tea but tea does not work in cold water because they still arent water soluble like salts. so anything that does get lost in the water would likely be undesirable or impossible to extract without the undesireables. if youve ever made butter with bho and then with plant ull notice that the plant will be create much more smell in your house than the bho but not the delicious smells you want its the smell of undesirable water solubles. its possible that terpenes within the trichomes could be fairly water soluble but the wax shell of the trichome could protect it from being dissolved unless they have ruptured. bubble hash that has bin made from fresh buds usually creates the best flavour and will alllso leave behind a strong plant like smell and it smells allot like bud. when you smell bud up close with your nose right in it unless it has been cured for a hell of a long time you usually dont smell much of the fragrant oils but intsead a more grassy type smell only at a distance do you smell the fragrance. the potency of these frangrance and there lower boiling points allows them to travel through air much more quickly and your able to pick up the smells even in a different room. i have experimented with liquid nitrogen in a customize multi mesh system like bubble bags but made from stainless steel< theres a uk company that makes something similar but mine was hand made and insulated like a dwar and simply kept recirculating the liquid nitrogen this worked extremely well and supprisingly the trichomes do not rupture like they can in a freezer they simple drop like bricks from the plant requiring now mixing but simple shaking and vibrations like your panning for gold and gold is exactly what you get, so bright it almost hurts the eyes. this system also works with dry ice putting a little bit in each meshed pan

jyip

jyip

nums
1517549 749135485116309 1550017918 n
sr71 pk
1517549 749135485116309 1550017918 n

OilHead

OilHead

^^ that would make more sense... solventless meaning no solvents left in it, not that it was extracted without the use of a solvent... original link was dead, thanks for the newer pic SCF

B

BestAround

The essential oil industry uses cold pressing and dry steam to extract mono and sesquiterpenes, but diterpenes like cannabinoids are a push, so they typically use a solvent.

You can vaporize the terpenes and re-condense them, or indeed fractionally distill them with heat, but you won't end up with any of the carboxylic acid forms left and they will be darker, because of caramelized plant sugars.

A young early harvest (clear trichomes) Sativa, extracted fresh frozen, will produce colors even lighter colored than the ones shown, even extracted with butane.

im seeing glass. clear.. when I pull my shit earlier then I like.. if the trichomes are CLEAR and a few Milky.. and u run freshly cut not dried.. material. only nugs.. and this is what I see!.. but I also heard u can get that solventless by using sam the skunkmans method for dry sift.. and then press it with very little heat.. but I haven't seen any solventless.. not made without solvent.. I see solventless hash. that is cleaned of all solvent.. but still was produced with solvent. and will pass lab tests .. but not SOLVENT LESS EXTRACTION that makes a glass like product

B

BestAround

also.. wat ive done with the clear bho.. I mix it Gram for Gram.. with my darker oil made from stuff with more milky and amber trichs.. of the same strain or same smell an taste profile.. and mix it together after purge. using head and mixing it for a good 10 mins to get it to take on this nice ass orange glass that's amazing taste and smell.. along with a much more body and mind high . instead of being so uppy and clear headed..

I don't do it on purpose.. ive had to pull a few a lil early due to a power outage that lasted 13 days.. and it was just way too cold.. that bud pulled some clear almost glass like with a tint to it.. but if I process for friends.. and get to keep 1/3rd for doing the work.. I take theres n mix it with some of mine.. and boom u get this full body and mind fuck. lol.

i keep a few grams of upper / clear bho for my mornings so i get my work done.. but other then that.. the clear is useless to me.

Khaosgardenz

Khaosgardenz

from what I know this is a solventless product the company that makes it is called clear concentrates its some tech that the maker wont release

B

big t

clear concentrates is made using terpenes from greenterpenes.com it does not smell like anything I have ever smoked before. 8 OZ of the extract is $9.95 . buy some and you will see it is nothing but snake oil. they use these terpenes to flavor tobacco as well . at shows clear concentrates never run out of the product and the whole thing of proprietary extraction BS really got us wondering what the hell was going on. A master blaster kid explained the secret to us and we are heavily inclined to believe what he says. just order some terpenes and see for your self

welder

welder

Lets revive this here thread. That Clear is up here in WA and just one the kitsap cup. I know one of there reps / contributor up here. I would like to get to the bottom of how this stuff is made. It tests 90+%. What I know is that they acquire terpenes and computer match them to the strain.

I tried doing this terp matching last year. I have a guy that was able to hook me up with pure lab grade terpenes. I spents hundreds on several small bottles. I used a average of several blue dream terp profiles from analytical 360 and mixed the same terpenes in the profile. I was not very successful in matching blue dream.

Next I steam distilled out the terpenes from the plant itself with much success. Smell was spot on. The steam does not go over 212° so the good stuff stays on the material. Plus the cannabis crowd tends to start flipping out if you start putting terps that didnt come from the plant itself. (Althou the same exact terps exist in other places in nature.) No reasoning with them. When you steam distill the terps out of the plant. A lot of chlorophyll gets extracted as waste too. A plus.

Here are the terps from a QP:
http://i79.invalid.com/albums/j136/viascott/Grows/Extractions/terps.jpg

The green stuff:
http://i79.invalid.com/albums/j136/viascott/Grows/Extractions/Cl.jpg

Now I have kind of hit a road block. Under the scope, the trics are still there but very melted looking. I just got done extracting 75G of this material with hexane and material chilled with dry ice down to -34° with dry ice (shook 10 min) and only come out with 6 grams of dark oil. It was very very nice trim and popcorn too.

http://i79.invalid.com/albums/j136/viascott/Grows/Extractions/coldhex.jpg
http://i79.invalid.com/albums/j136/viascott/Grows/Extractions/coldhexresult.jpg

Was hoping to wash this and come out with something pure like the everclear and add my terps back. but I cant seem to get a decent yield from the material. Even a 24 hour ethanol soak with 100g gave me a 6.6% return or good RSO.

I have not had anything tested yet.

So Im banging my head on the wall trying to get to the bottom of this "clear"
Picking Graywolfs brain is why I joined this site. haha

My guess is that they are using a solvent and without having to worry about messing the terps up, they can decarb and wash it as much as they want.

I would like to produce the same product from my terp extracted material with a decent return.

Its for my e-juice I make.

Graywolf?? What cha think?

Top Bottom