clone only strains clones

• Thread starter ice1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Str8Dank

Str8Dank

I've been a hustler all my life and i don't mean a drug dealer i mean a hustler. if your not networking your not working! get out and meet people, prove your worth and that you are a asset and trust me soon enough you will have more genetics available to you then you even want. within no time i had a network of great people who would vouch for me bringing me to new sites meeting new people and getting new genetics.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
is this an oxymoron, irony or both? If you never give out or pass on a strain you are killing it, same goes for cut only strains and fem seeds. Hoarding is greed... I guess I'm just a stupid hippy but forgive me for not understanding this way of thinking at all. Can you claim to be protecting something when you are also destroying it at the same time?

if you never give out a stain you are killing it? hmmm.... so if i give out to anyone my keeper white urkles and a bunch of other shit i have then they go grow it like shit and sell by the same name that i do, dont you think once you get a shit bag of something its kinda gonna ruin the name as well?? i mean i know for fact if someone says they have white widow or some skunk around MI, i usually dont even give it the time of day because the skunk around these days is sweet, not even skunky and the widow isnt even really widow. thats the kind of shit than happens when you spread something too thick, you get importers or crappy version of the original. wanting to spread strains everywhere doesnt make you a hippy. my parents are both major hippies and i love to spread love with the magical herb, doesnt mean you have to give them a cutting of it. everyone likes coca cola for the most part, should they start to give out there recipe?:talking

F

fiftythree33

if you never give out a stain you are killing it? hmmm.... so if i give out to anyone my keeper white urkles and a bunch of other shit i have then they go grow it like shit and sell by the same name that i do, dont you think once you get a shit bag of something its kinda gonna ruin the name as well?? i mean i know for fact if someone says they have white widow or some skunk around MI, i usually dont even give it the time of day because the skunk around these days is sweet, not even skunky and the widow isnt even really widow. thats the kind of shit than happens when you spread something too thick, you get importers or crappy version of the original. wanting to spread strains everywhere doesnt make you a hippy. my parents are both major hippies and i love to spread love with the magical herb, doesnt mean you have to give them a cutting of it. everyone likes coca cola for the most part, should they start to give out there recipe?:talking

Yes by NEVER giving out a strain you are helping to kill or remove the strain from public knowledge and availability. Again same for fem seeds and clone only strains. You are also hurting our sweet lady MJ by keeping elite genes from potentially being used to breed even better strains.

Making the argument that spreading it will give it a bad name because of improper growing is once again greed based. You know what is real and you can get it why do you care what others do with it?

Also don't you think the reverse happens by keeping it rare? People try to imitate it just as much if not more and you see just as much bs right?

I'm in a rush gotta go...

Moe Danks

Moe Danks

i see where SMF is coming from. just because he did some work and found some keepers doesn't mean he has to give them out to every med patient he comes across.

aint nothing wrong with having something special that keeps the people coming back. hell anyone can buy a pack of seeds and find a top notch keeper.

but.....i do need to get myself a cut of pre 98 bubba and green crack.

but....first i need to find some moms on my own, that other people would want too.

but on the clones is MI note. I should be giving the Herijuana a run in a few weeks. I've seen the plant grow and i've smoked her pulled a little early, so i cant wait to her myself. very bush plant with dense greasy nugs, and a stone that knocks light weight right into bed.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
But! IF your a kickass grower than your buds of a killer strain will be way better than joe blow growing the same cut so ya don't have to worry bout people not come'n back for yours! because its way better. Just like buying a killa bottle of wine, you can get great Cab Franc or shitty Cab Franc, same grape different grower and wine maker. And if you keep your nutrient formula secret than you arn't giving out your recipe really. But these are meds and good meds should be spread around. Though people are intittled to do what they want with their own gear, to each their own.

rawman

rawman

Haha this is going to start a funny argument but I see what you guys and Skunk is saying.... Look at what happened with HeavyDutyKevork and no not HDK the guy on here the strain he made. So many got it grew it and it turned into commericial stuff. I wont say I WILL NEVER PASS THIS CUT but maybe only 1-3 people in state will get it just in case anything happens. N you only give it to 3 or so or w.e people because u wanna keep it beautiful. But when it comes to out of state I want peeps smoking my shit all over the world. :)

Example:
I could my whole collection to one of my friends that ask all the time but then he will grow it shitty and try to sell it because his grow is 10x bigger than mine. Then when he tries to sell it will called whatver the name of the cut I gave him was we'll use Canna as an example. I give him Canna. He grows it in his 20000 watt grow. Sells it to meds users as Canna but its b.s grown. Then I try to help patients with the little overages I get and people dont wanna pay the price I want for my properly grown Canna and they think its garbage because I gave the cut to wrong hands.

N thats why some people would rather just not give it to people.....

Also most MI meds I have seen sucked this collective bs makes me laugh. N the extravaganja that made me laugh even more. At the event I seen ONE other person there with good bud out of all the people. Then the people with the poorly grown stuff think there shits the best and wont listen to advice.

Oh and btw that example I used up there is not just an example I have had it happen to me before.

Oh and skywalker you are right and wrong people are pricks. Once they see how shitty the weed can be its automatically not as good as it was before to some people.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
I not gonna fight over this. Bottom line I choose very carefully who I share my hard earned and pheno hunted gems and clone only gems with special people and don't want them getting to everyone I'm keeping them something special. I do share, just not to someone that's going to mass produce them for everyone for 20 bucks a pop. I think that's greed then I'm greedy. Call it what you want to call it. I think everyones entitled to there own points of view and I don't have cuz I don't have what others do. No pun intended....well I guess a little bit.

rawman

rawman

You are also hurting our sweet lady MJ by keeping elite genes from potentially being used to breed even better strains.

To breed better strains use landrace strains thats what these are all made up of. All these clone only have been reversed and hit and reversed and hit and s1'ed and reversed and hit its getting old.

It all goes back to landrace strains GDP, Kush, purp whatever are not breeding tools to make better strains. Well I am lieing sometimes they are:) but if you really creatively wanna say your trying to make better strains that have never been created before stick with your landrace strains.

rawman

rawman

N anyways why is SMF being called out. :) he has shaared everything I have asked him for. So guys take time and spread your own genes instead of calling him out saying hes hoarding because he has shared everything and anything with me that I've ever asked for.

Oh and scuba I still stand behind what I said........

Pics or it didn't happen.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

sorry I'm with SMF I'm not giving out my gems to everyone it's just not happening! has no one else heard of Market saturation or branding and protecting that brand/image you worked hard to create? people LOVE some of my genetics because they are amazing and because they are consistent and it helps that they are not available everywhere.

don't freak out hippies because i started using corporate America business words its not from a profit perspective but ensuring something truly special stays that way and that its always represented correctly because its grown by knowledgeable growers who are passionate and don't whore it out.

personally i see the whole genetic swapping market as a way to pay your dues and as you become better and put time in more and more special things begin to come your way. it's like HDK has a black belt getting Death Star right now and that's great and i don't want to see him or anyone else just pass it out left and right I'll wait and get the cuts i don't have when I've paid my dues and moved up to that level I'm totally fine with that! there is more then enough amazing gear in the bay for sale 24/7/365 pick up some beans and keep going you don't have to have everything!

and SMF hit the nail on the head with his WW comments i could not have said it better myself!

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
I don't think anyone is arguing yet lol. Everyone is just stating their opinions which will vary greatly of course. People who have worked hard to create their own unique strains have a right to protect them. But some people just love to give and share and thats a beautiful thing too. It's all about balance. We best just watchout for Monsanto or they'll steal your genetics, patent them then sue you when ya get caught growing 'their' genetics lol

F

fiftythree33

I don't think anyone is arguing yet lol.

Thankyou!!! Please people calm down I've tried to not come off as attacking or an asshole. I'm not calling out SMF sorry if it came across that way. A LOT of growers share his opinion and I hesitated to say anything at all because of this. I agree the genes of elite clones can be had again from breeding but why should anyone have to go through all that again to get the same strain?

Honestly both ways cause problems... I gotta go again welding supply closes in 45 and I'm out of c02 :(

rawman

rawman

I agree guys I was not heated just sticking up for a good friend everyone has there own views. As long as you rcool and have good intentions I think any one of us would hook them up with some nice genetics.

B

Buckwheat Bones

Am I going to say one thing though :) Pics or it didn't happen, and only because I'd love to see it...! Well at least that dog.

Pre 98 Bubba... Seen this before Scuba Snacks?

2010 10 22 00 12 45 695
joshadelph

joshadelph

Skunk has cuts for a reason, because he put in countless hours of networking to get them, how can you put a price of a prized possession like that?? not passing it out is not killing it off, if your lucky enough to smoke it then its there, its building a legacy if not anything! The people who get pissed off are the people who cant get the cuts, and are not willing to put in the effort to get rare cuts! keep it private, thats how stuff stays amazing and not overdone !

B

Buckwheat Bones

Yo Scuba Snacks... :character0201:

1. West Coast Dog
2. Mass. Super Skunk
3. Great Lakes Kush
4. Death Star
5. Pre 98 Bubba Kush
6. Norwegian Wood

2010 10 23 13 27 04 862
2010 10 23 13 31 36 840
2010 10 23 13 32 50 666