Clone question

• Thread starter Binder.Dundat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Binder.Dundat

Binder.Dundat

I just got a clone (see pic), slightly taller than a beer bottle. I want to grow outside, problem is I probably will not be able to put her outside until May or maybe mid May Weather permitting, possibly earlier, it seems we are having an early Spring here on the Iceberg. Anyhow, can I leave it inside, in this cup for that long? Will the roots get too overgrown if it sits in such a small container/ Should I leave it in sunlight or can I put it in a basement or should I just grow it inside?

If I got a bigger pot and then transplanted in a couple of months is that good idea? Will it actually grow a lot if I put it on a windowsill facing south?

Sorry for all the questions. Main question is how long can you keep it in this cup scenario.

Thanks
Clone question

Growing_Garbage

Growing_Garbage

Not too long in that scenario.
But would be good for it to be in a south facing window or under a light.
!You need to keep it lit like 18hrs a day if you're trying to keep it vegetative until outdoor season. That doesn't even mean high power if you have a window, just has to have the lights on. Or it will start flowering on you. You don't want to flower without proper sun or lights cause its a waste.

She'll get hungry soon and need more soil if thats what its in. I assume if it's going outdoors it'll be going in soil. Get like a 1 or two gallon pot ready next of what ever you decide to grow in and you could probably keep it for a while like that. Depends how much she grows but you'll need to transplant to keep it healthy. Gonna be a beast and ready for outside by may for sure.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The problem with such a big clone is that it is going to want to grow. Keeping it in light at least 18 hrs a day is imperative, but you want to slow it down until May, otherwise it might start stretching a lot. Being rootbound isn't too bad of a way to keep them smaller, but you will really need to watch them because they can dry out overnight after a while. If you can keep them in a cooler area, this will also slow it down a little. Once you plant this in dirt or whatever, it is going to grow pretty quickly and probably be pretty bushy. One option is to take a cut or two off of your current clone and start growing them like normal... by the time they get larger, it will be nearly May. Clone of a clone.

Binder.Dundat

Binder.Dundat

Thanks.

think I will grow this one inside and make a clone. Good advice

Latest posts

Top Bottom