Clones, day 8, showing some signs of droop, any ideas?

• Thread starter residentshaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
residentshaman

residentshaman

Hey all, so here's my issue:

- Day 8 for the clones they aren't looking too great
- 18w light - can increase to 36w or put into the veg tent 400w light
- Covered with a dome until today
- Haven't given any nutes
- I have been misting the inside of the clear dome
- Honestly not sure how im supposed to be watering them in this stage (misting the leaves?)

Any ideas? they are in rootit cubes

PS does anyone know what PPFD clones like? I can measure it

Clones day 8 showing some signs of droop any ideas

residentshaman

residentshaman

Well I measured PPFD and it was at 40umol so I bumped it up to 150umol, hopefully that was my issue.

Bilber

Bilber

Hey res......

I don't have meters or anything and I don't play with rockwool.....

I leave my clones in a dome with the inside of the dome lightly misted and 1 spray on the leaves...under a t8 2bulb light set-up......

I mist twice a day.....early then late, depending on my atmosphere....

After a couple, 2 or 3, I take the dome off while continuing to mist....

Others will chime in soon, but that's how I do it.....

residentshaman

residentshaman

are these rooted ? Or your trying to get roots ?
I just noticed roots today, but they are still looking droopy. I was going to try my hand at hydro - I have done a couple runs in soil organically. But I can't imagine these will survive at the moment haha.

And thanks @Bilber for the protocol :)

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

I just noticed roots today, but they are still looking droopy. I was going to try my hand at hydro - I have done a couple runs in soil organically. But I can't imagine these will survive at the moment haha.

And thanks @Bilber for the protocol :)
Yea get a hydro cloner keep the water under 72f and you may get 100 % success rate . I suck using those i think called jiffy pods whatever .

B

Budclarkson

This is the protocol I found elsewhere:

Clones (2 weeks)

Day 1-3 completely covered by dome

Day 3-4 crack the vents slightly

Day 7 further crack the vents

Day 10 undomed

Day 14 switch to veg tent

I’m on Day 11 with cuttings in jiffy cubes in clear starter tray. Humidity dome with low light at 10% but just switched to 30%. Humidity is 80-85%. Temp about 74F.

When should I be seeing roots?
You dont list when to put in soil…

Honestly I don’t see any change in the cuttings and it’s like watching grass grow in the winter.

B

Budclarkson

Hey all, so here's my issue:

- Day 8 for the clones they aren't looking too great
- 18w light - can increase to 36w or put into the veg tent 400w light
- Covered with a dome until today
- Haven't given any nutes
- I have been misting the inside of the clear dome
- Honestly not sure how im supposed to be watering them in this stage (misting the leaves?)

Any ideas? they are in rootit cubes

PS does anyone know what PPFD clones like? I can measure it

View attachment 2106105
Just saw the state of the leaves. Mist the leaves and put a dome over it. Throw a cheap RH and Temp meter there and maintain humidity at 80-85%. Leaves have to intake H2O in transpiration process since no roots to do so.

I have mine in a dome with a heating Mat underneath. Treat like seedlings except higher moisture by spraying interior of dome like @Bilber. I also pour small puddle or two of water on the tray floor. Air out a couple of times a day for 10-15minutes removing the dome to check and water peat pellets.

Did you use rooting powder or gel on the stem?

Heres my setup.

DFA89A03 8526 4B28 B5E7 459C75371934

B

Budclarkson

Here’s the zombie clones. There not dead yet lol.
Not sure they liked the light at 30 and dropped back to 10. Bottom plant in the top pic maybe a little dry. Misted everything after but humidity was still 75% before I yanked the dome off for checking.

488F75B3 6EE6 4B1A B22B 4E8D39ADC6D1
9C17AFEA 8DD2 4CEC B9B0 5B20EF891ECD

Pics of the bottoms, still not much happening from what I can see.

C6E00C8A BF9F 4407 9E4A B7501086516E

C6E00C8A BF9F 4407 9E4A B7501086516E

D53E19DD 6A62 4CCA 904C 5CECF4A5B0F1

0691421A B167 4FEE 8E61 1453DC70959E
BryanOconner

BryanOconner

First thing . (((((((WOW))))))) clear root container . Ok this is a zero go for me . Needs to be light proof .
Second clonex jell powder is a scam . They sell it for the reason to make money .

ACSippi

ACSippi

This is the protocol I found elsewhere:

Clones (2 weeks)

Day 1-3 completely covered by dome

Day 3-4 crack the vents slightly

Day 7 further crack the vents

Day 10 undomed

Day 14 switch to veg tent
Maaan, I wanna say those are my instructions 🤣. I've helped so many people so many years, that's how I do it. I'm just the only one that I've ever seen give instructions just like that lol.

Anyways, I just made a cloning video it's the newest video in my seed starting thread, I think it can help people here that's why I'm posting. It's also on YouTube under my name.

I think the second from the last video is a messed up halved video I made a couple years ago, about cloning. It sucks tho.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Rapid rooters require tons more water than rockwool. Simply your plants are thristy, that's my guess and I'm sticking to it☺️

B

Budclarkson

First thing . (((((((WOW))))))) clear root container . Ok this is a zero go for me . Needs to be light proof .
Second clonex jell powder is a scam . They sell it for the reason to make money .
Helpful comment? First time cloners here looking for feedback man.

Just got the black to insert the clear ones into. Gnick I believe gave me the heads up there. What’s the consequences beside some green algae on the clear?

I’m using the powder recommended in the $25 Cloning thread here.

Garden Safe TakeRoot Rooting powder​

B

Budclarkson

Maaan, I wanna say those are my instructions 🤣. I've helped so many people so many years, that's how I do it. I'm just the only one that I've ever seen give instructions just like that lol.

Anyways, I just made a cloning video it's the newest video in my seed starting thread, I think it can help people here that's why I'm posting. It's also on YouTube under my name.

I think the second from the last video is a messed up halved video I made a couple years ago, about cloning. It sucks tho.

Thank you WeedFather. Will be viewing these later. Here’s the link for other interested newbie cloners.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/start-seeds-hydroponics-video-low-quality.156692/post-3074388

ACSippi

ACSippi

Helpful comment?
It's helpful, probably a little sarcastic but people type like we're in a room together having a convo. Don't let personalities bother you. I come off the wrong way all the time but im so harmless. We're all personalities behind these personas.

He's probably right for his scenario. Clear or unprotected medium will get algae...over time. If you're going to let your cube be exposed for a couple weeks or more you might want to shield it from light. Anything less tho and it's nothing to worry about.

I hope my videos help!

Top Bottom