Clones

• Thread starter Kaiser Sose
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

alfonso2002

Do what makes ya feel good I always say. I was just giving advice to someone I perceive as a newbie to growing MJ. Am I wrong? If so I apologize. But your threads and posts led me to that conclusion.

How could I tell? Hmmm could it be because I can see at least 12 inches of space above the plants in your pictures without a hood in sight? Could it be the stretch I see in your plants? 12~16 inches should be about right for 1K's but it depends on whether that's with aircooled hoods and the airflow between the hoods and the colas.

Maybe this is why I spend my time at other sites rather than here.

YJ

YJ what is up with you? Seems that all I find in your posts is negativity.

Kaiser Sose

Kaiser Sose

Thanks guys but no worries.

YJ you are welcome to stay and comment. We do welcome all.

Please treat others with respect.

Alf the meeting went well. Shadow is a good guy and has some cool ideas.

Had a great session after. How did your deal go?

blazer

blazer

Good to hear KS ! Wish I could made it also, Damn wife and kids!lol just kidding !

A

alfonso2002

Good to hear that Tim. Will have to do it again soon. blazer we might be able to join next time. Blazer I think Tim had an Idea for that LOL.

Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket

I could see that they are barely at budset (ie finishing week 2 of flower) BUT if you know about growing you know you can shorten that stretch by keeping the lights as close as possible.

I came here to see if I MIGHT be able to provide some knowledge to some of the newbie growers, BUT as in real life, all the youngsters seem to think they know it all. So be it. You'll learn from your mistakes or you won't.

The attitude I found is what influenced my style of response. Grow on with your bad selves.

BTW it's YJ to friends and I don't care what the rest call me.

YJ

Kaiser Sose

Kaiser Sose

"I came here to see if I MIGHT be able to provide some knowledge to some of the newbie growers, BUT as in real life, all the youngsters seem to think they know it all."

OK and thanks again . Youngster...LOL By the way the attitude didn't start until you came in and commented... Next time maybe come in and ask a question before you attack someone and make an wrong assumption. If you would have just asked I would have told you that I just raised the lights due to burnt tips. Now if the lights were burning tips would I want to lower them for any reason?

You are welcome to stick around if ya stop acting like an ASSHAT....LOL . Come on just look back at the tone of your posts...

Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket

O so it was the lights burning your tips and not too strong a nute level huh? That's strange, I've been thru lights crisping leaves due to being too close and overheating them, bleaching the leaves but not just the tips. That's usually a sign of high EC.

Youngster huh? Thanks that makes an old man feel better. Too bad it doesn't help my heart condition. Looks like I been a member here since before ya'll started growing.

But I'm sure you been growing longer than me. So did you start growing before Overgrow and HS or after?

YJ

waayne

waayne

Remember to always be respectful of other members......

This thread needs to get back on topic!

Kaiser Sose

Kaiser Sose

OK, On topic...

Anyone ever use the C.A.P. EBB & Grow 12 site system? Well I am looking at it or similar systems. I found it for $400. Seen it as high as $570.

I found one that is called the "Big Boy" I like it because it has 3.5 gallon pots with net pots instead of another bucket with holes drilled in it. I can also then lift the netpot out and place in my 5 gal buckets in the Flower room... I like that feature.

I like the automation it offers. I like that 55 gal res and pumps and timers.

Any comments or suggestions or advice would be great. I am thinking tried and true over jerry-rig and save a buck....

sky high

sky high

I have an E&G sittin in the garage. I used it a few times and had no real issues...though there was a bit of funk in the bottom of the buckets on each go because it doesn't fully drain. I had plans to use it again at some point with the addition of an airstone in the bottom bucket of each module....but migrated back to soil growing and never gave it another go.

If you do go that route....make sure that the space you are using is protected from a 55 gallon flood. Quite a few folks have flooded their space when the float valve got gunked up....and roots in the tubing can also mess up the flow/draining of the system, etc....

never had a flood myself but mine was in the garage so if it did flood it would run out onto concrete...not carpet or wood floors/etc.

and then there's the hydroton. Not only do I not miss stepping on those errant fuckers barefoot....I don't miss washing it/trying to get the roots out of it...etc. Ddddamnnnnn!

Don't wanna steer ya either way.....I have no idea of yer tolerance/love/hate of such things....just want ya to look beyond the "automation' factor cus..well...if yer runnin' hydro yer gonna be automated no matter what.

just remember that 12 sites in 3.5 gallons will make some hefty bushes and require some serious lighting to make it jam >to its fullest potential<.

lookin forward to what ya come up with

s h

Kaiser Sose

Kaiser Sose

I have an E&G sittin in the garage. I used it a few times and had no real issues...though there was a bit of funk in the bottom of the buckets on each go because it doesn't fully drain. I had plans to use it again at some point with the addition of an airstone in the bottom bucket of each module....but migrated back to soil growing and never gave it another go.

If you do go that route....make sure that the space you are using is protected from a 55 gallon flood. Quite a few folks have flooded their space when the float valve got gunked up....and roots in the tubing can also mess up the flow/draining of the system, etc....

never had a flood myself but mine was in the garage so if it did flood it would run out onto concrete...not carpet or wood floors/etc.

and then there's the hydroton. Not only do I not miss stepping on those errant fuckers barefoot....I don't miss washing it/trying to get the roots out of it...etc. Ddddamnnnnn!

Don't wanna steer ya either way.....I have no idea of yer tolerance/love/hate of such things....just want ya to look beyond the "automation' factor cus..well...if yer runnin' hydro yer gonna be automated no matter what.

just remember that 12 sites in 3.5 gallons will make some hefty bushes and require some serious lighting to make it jam >to its fullest potential<.

lookin forward to what ya come up with

s h

Well thanks Sky High.

I am now doing the aeroponics individual buckets and that seems to be going well. I guess what I am trying to do is have a res that is out of the direct growing room to keep the res cooler. The individual buckets seem to work great, but, I would rather mix all nutrients in one res rather then 12-16 times....
My grow area is my garage to so run off would be to the driveway should there be a flood. Again I would like the system were I could lift the bucket out and place in my 5 gal bucket to flower.
My drawback would be the smaller size buckets. I don't like the idea of 2 gal bucket size. I am not thrilled about the 3.5 gal size but for flower I guess that would work.
I still am not sold on the idea completely. I just have to do something quickly as I will need to pull the clones from the clone bucket in the next week. All have roots.... I may just pull them and stick em in rapid rooters in a humidity dome until I figure this out.

sky high

sky high

If you need to hold the clones a bit....IMO.....put them in a tray of damp perlite and cover them. It will give them free reign to send out roots. (If you have a rapidrooter tray with the cells and the tray beneath...take out the cell tray and just use the bottom tray)

I would skip using rapids if you are going to use an E&F. I personallly think they keep the area around the stem to wet in hydro situations.

s h

Kaiser Sose

Kaiser Sose

If you need to hold the clones a bit....IMO.....put them in a tray of damp perlite and cover them. It will give them free reign to send out roots. (If you have a rapidrooter tray with the cells and the tray beneath...take out the cell tray and just use the bottom tray)

I would skip using rapids if you are going to use an E&F. I personallly think they keep the area around the stem to wet in hydro situations.

s h

Cool, I will keep in mind.

Hey Sky High, If you want to sell that E&F set up let me know.... Might take it off your hands since you are a dirt kinda guy... or maybe you'd rent it to me for a run so I can see if I like the set up... I have seen them for as little as $350 new with warranty....Hell if it works I'd give $250 cash since it's used...let me know brother. Hate to see it sit and waste away.... Think about it... Just a thought.

Kaiser Sose

Kaiser Sose

So I made a change last nite. The res temp and veg room temp has been too high. I have had to put ice in the clone machine res to cool it down 2 x a day. So I was putting some seeds in last nite and decided to pull all the clones and put them in rapid rooter in a humudity dome with the seeds. Might have been a bad move but after 2 weeks in the clone machine they pretty much stopped doing anything. It was time for a change.
So if this doesnt work out I may need to hit some of my friends up for some clones. If this does work I will need to donate some clones to some friends....

As it stands now this is what I have going...

3 x granddaddy Purple seeds in
4 x Chem 4D seeds in
4 x Blueberry Yum seeds in
3 x G13 Haze clones in rapid rooters
3 x Spoetnik in Rapid Rooters
3 x #2 in Rapid Rooters
Only the strong will go on to the next round

and I know that is more than 16, but seeds have not sprouted and in the next 5 days I will know if the others will become "viable Seedlings or Plants".

I also just ordered a new 6" vortex inline fan to exhaust the veg room and a can fan for fresh air intake....should be here by feb 3-4

Kaiser Sose

Kaiser Sose

I just found a review on one of the strain I have in flower. The guy I got the clones from said sputnick, it is actually Spoetnick #1.

Here is the strain review:
Spoetnik #1 is a versatile plant with excellent resistance to a wide variety of horticultural problems. She has compact rock hard buds, and offers an unusually cerebral stone for a pure Indica – an uplifting, meditative awareness.

This variety is a superb spectacle. Her slow start may cause growers concerns. Suddenly, out of nowhere, she bursts forth around day 38 or 40 of the flowering cycle. Spoetnik #1 seems like she is reviving her engines, storing up everything she is fed for the countdown in the last 2 weeks of flowering, when she explodes with amazing power.

By harvest, the plants look oily, thanks to their heavy coating of glands. Her colas form into rockets: long and cylindrical.

She tastes like dark Corinthian grapes mixed with a mineral, astringent touch on the exhale.
The effects of this pure Indica strain are surprisingly uplifting, with no physical crash at the end. The high is felt mostly on the top of the head and in the face.

Flowering Period weeks 7 (7-8)
Thc Percentage Null (15-18)
Type Indica
Harvesting Month 10
Seed Bank Paradise Seeds
Feminized Marijuana Seeds Yes
Effect Stoned

mr_rodzilla

mr_rodzilla

looking good bro ---- seems like you just got your card yesterday ---- what a difference a day makes --- still waiting on my card and lurking in the background!

Latest posts

Top Bottom