Cloning Help, Roots started but droopy/def?

• Thread starter letsgro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

Yeah i knoez problem is the tank location and shit I'd have to crawl under the house to install the T then run new pex up thru the brand new insulation and subfloor i installed earlier this year, ooo also thru the floor levling compound i also laid in the bathroom, up to the sink where i'd have to install some kinda custom spout to gimmie water!

fuck now i wanna do it :\
It would be a little difficult, but you can do it. I had to look up that PEX stuff. It was what I thought it was. Cutting in a T seems like the easy part. Bringing the line up inside the wall, not so easy. I has similar situation a few years back but it was from the ceiling down thru the fire blocks in the wall. I ended up getting this 12" drill bit extensions from Depot and I would drill thru and add another extension until I reached the spot for in this case a TV antenna. You could try and drill into the stud cavity and use one of those Ro faucets they sell.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I was gonna say that but i was like nah he will know lol.

You would be surprised lol... When i was re-doing the bathroom i turned the water off at the well but forgot to run the tub before i cut the cpvc.. needless to say i had a mess to clean up..

did that twice in the bathroom and a 3rd time in the kitchen.. :\

Anthem

Anthem

You would be surprised lol... When i was re-doing the bathroom i turned the water off at the well but forgot to run the tub before i cut the cpvc.. needless to say i had a mess to clean up..

did that twice in the bathroom and a 3rd time in the kitchen.. :\
I did stupid stuff when I remodeled my house. I must have went thru 2 sets of ballast at every down lights doing stupid stuff at the garbage disposal. You just have to laugh it off and take it in stride. In the end you saved yourself a ton of money.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I did stupid stuff when I remodeled my house. I must have went thru 2 sets of ballast at every down lights doing stupid stuff at the garbage disposal. You just have to laugh it off and take it in stride. In the end you saved yourself a ton of money.

thats it really the savings is what got me thru doing it all lol

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
If it was only that easy to do lol main comes into the pressure tank, from there it goes to the softner, too much new pex plumbing with that shit installed that i don't wanna fuck with lol

Usually the outside hoses will tap before the softener. Is that the case?

Edit: Looks like you solved it

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Usually the outside hoses will tap before the softener. Is that the case?

Edit: Looks like you solved it

Sadly no this house is ass backwards when it comes to how shit normally would be.. I can't even begin.. but yeah by pass on the softner it self :D w00t!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Sadly no this house is ass backwards when it comes to how shit normally would be.. I can't even begin.. but yeah by pass on the softner it self :D w00t!

I've been there man. Dimmer switch went out in my living room in an old spot. That turned into me rewiring 4 switches, 2 plugs, and taking about 3 trips to home depot. 20 min job... ended up being 4 hrs. Looks like the drywall guys decided to be electricians for the day.

letsgro

letsgro

Update: I swapped the res 2 days ago, tap water (95ppm) + 2ml each of micro, gro, bloom, & 10ml hydroguard. Final ppm was 170, I corrected pH a little too quickly and ended up dropping it to 5.2, but it drifted up to 6.0 by the morning.

Roots on 7/12 have really taken off and I need 8 for my rdwc setup. Sadly, above the lid isn't looking as hot as below. Lots of different discoloration, yellowing from the centers of leaves, clawing, some curling. I will definitely be removing those big fan leaves next time.

Thursday (Day 16)

7 16 20

7 16 20 1

Saturday (D18)

7 18 20

7 18 20 1

Grow Journal: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/first-ever-grow-8-site-rdwc-5x9-led.114556/#post-2452971

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Update: I swapped the res 2 days ago, tap water (95ppm) + 2ml each of micro, gro, bloom, & 10ml hydroguard. Final ppm was 170, I corrected pH a little too quickly and ended up dropping it to 5.2, but it drifted up to 6.0 by the morning.

Roots on 7/12 have really taken off and I need 8 for my rdwc setup. Sadly, above the lid isn't looking as hot as below. Lots of different discoloration, yellowing from the centers of leaves, clawing, some curling. I will definitely be removing those big fan leaves next time.

Thursday (Day 16)

View attachment 1001889

View attachment 1001890

Saturday (D18)

View attachment 1001892

View attachment 1001891

Grow Journal: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/first-ever-grow-8-site-rdwc-5x9-led.114556/#post-2452971
Ph swing is a bit to fast. But roots look good. Maybe a tiny amount of silica add first then ph to 6.2 ish then add nutrients then ph to what ya want in the end. It's important to always add silica first then ph down before adding nutrients

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Looks as if I'm late to the party. I was also gonna suggest if there was a hose bib on the outside usually plumbed before the softener.

Depending on your climate instead of plumbing into say your kitchen from crawl space you could cut in a ball valve and run the pipe to an exterior wall shut the ball valve in winter if it's freezing where you are.

I'd think by passing everytime you need hard water then remembering to close the bypass will get very inconvient. Assuming you will need hard water often.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Looks as if I'm late to the party. I was also gonna suggest if there was a hose bib on the outside usually plumbed before the softener.

Depending on your climate instead of plumbing into say your kitchen from crawl space you could cut in a ball valve and run the pipe to an exterior wall shut the ball valve in winter if it's freezing where you are.

I'd think by passing everytime you need hard water then remembering to close the bypass will get very inconvient. Assuming you will need hard water often.

its just 2 knobs to divert the water flow so really its not any different then installing a on / off valve anywhere else :D

letsgro

letsgro

Ph swing is a bit to fast. But roots look good. Maybe a tiny amount of silica add first then ph to 6.2 ish then add nutrients then ph to what ya want in the end. It's important to always add silica first then ph down before adding nutrients
Correction, over 32 hours, the following morning, the pH swung up to 6.0. I am waiting for an 8th to catch up so I can transplant, hopefully within 3-4 days.

I wasn't going to bring up the feeding process here, but you started to mention it and we're talking about plumbing too so why the hell not? This is a pretty self-explanatory feeding chart/calculator I tossed together. I threw some step-by-step notes at the bottom that I appreciate any feedback on. Might as well get some eyes and suggestions!

Feed Schedule

View attachment Feed Schedule.pdf
Peps

Peps

Hi guys, today a friend gave me some clones and I noticed some botrytis on the leaves...what should I do? could it disappear by itself after transplanting in the soil?
They are now in the process of adaptation before the outdoor transplanting.
thank you

Bot
WhatsApp Image 2021 05 27 at 000856
Bot 3

Latest posts

Top Bottom