Club 315 Cmh

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
snippetysnip

snippetysnip

Hi all
Flood and drain tables.. 6ft x 3ft
Last run we had 2 x 600hps with Dimlux 315 in the middle.
This run we have a table with same as before, 2 tables with 3 x 315, and 1 table with 2 x 315 and 600 hps in the middle.
The table with just 2x315 is kicking the crap out of the 2xhps & 1x315 which I didn't think it would!
Just starting 3rd week of flower..

IMG 3769
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hi all
Flood and drain tables.. 6ft x 3ft
Last run we had 2 x 600hps with Dimlux 315 in the middle.
This run we have a table with same as before, 2 tables with 3 x 315, and 1 table with 2 x 315 and 600 hps in the middle.
The table with just 2x315 is kicking the crap out of the 2xhps & 1x315 which I didn't think it would!
Just starting 3rd week of flower..

Do you have a pic of the 2 600 table to compare?

I am really interested in your results. I have been really liking 2 hps and 1 cmh.

snippetysnip

snippetysnip

Do you have a pic of the 2 600 table to compare?

I am really interested in your results. I have been really liking 2 hps and 1 cmh.
I took those pics last night not knowing I'd post on this thread, I won't be going back for a couple of days but when I do I'll take the comparison shots and tag you in the post ..

gwheels

gwheels

By comparison I am a regular dude who likes some good weed. I believe my mission is life is to make the most efficient, regular dude wants some weed, grow idea there ever was.

I will just run the 315 this round. Wow I have been tempted running the MCOB at the full 550 watts with the 315 just to see but this round I grow just a 315. What if....it does the job....it produces enough.

I think the average guy needs 1 oz a month

Many ask why do you buy expensive lights. To that question I would say this....

I am of the regular dude club.
We do not want to pay 250 an oz
We want top shelf weed with nuances of flavor.
Where it is legal....it is LEGAL to do so.
What is the best bang for the buck.

But I am unusual in that I want to have the utmost in efficiency for the awesome flavours I produce. And I will pay for a light like that. I want it to run for 5 years with no BS.

For me HPS/MPS is just not right. It produces fantastic weed but it lacks in the green area. I might not be a hipster but I think being environmental friendly makes the planet better. IF you have kids you get what I mean.

315 CMH VS my 550 watt MCOB is the question. IF the 315 can do it what do i care if i get 8 oz or 1 1/4 lbs. I am so far ahead of myself now it is ridiculous. If the 315 can really produce what I want, quality as good as the MCOB.

For me it is not about getting the max weight. It is about getting the most I can out of my 4 x 4 for personal use (2 oz a month). So far I am ahead of that curve. Less wattage might work in my favor.

gwheels

gwheels

DemonTrich says sell the MCOB !!!. And I think he is right. This grow will prove it. 3 plants filling my space. :D

This is not a shameless plug. I am using the grow journal after they start growing. They are babies in the growbox right now. 2 X sour kush and 1 X white widow in a 4 x 4 with a 315 CMH 3100 phillips bulb full grow. The goal is enough top shelf bud for my famdamily and friends. I hit that with the 550 watt mcob fixture. I think I am going to nail it with the 315. The light feels aweseome

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Cmh is hps/mh/led(uva/uvb)

I use all Philips bulbs. 940 cdm elite, and 930 agro bulbs. I even use Philips day light delux 6400k t8 bulbs for clone and preveg

Ftmfw!

Last edited:
Freshone

Freshone

I took those pics last night not knowing I'd post on this thread, I won't be going back for a couple of days but when I do I'll take the comparison shots and tag you in the post ..
I'd love to see that too,I have a few 315s to mix in with my gavita 750s soon.I was gonna do same as you,315gavita315 and gavita315gavita and see which does better.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If you can, mix the bulb spectrums (930/940/930/940).
That should be the bees knees for lighting. Growers on then other site have been killing it by mixing.

gwheels

gwheels

I am running just 1 phillips bulb at 3100. I think it will match the 550 watt mcob. Next round it will be cooler around here and I am running the MCOB with the 315 in my 4 x 4 tent to see how crazy i can make it. I might have to go 4 plants that round :D. the MCOB cost about 800 bucks Canadian the 315 was 500 (640 and 400 respectively in USD)

So is the 315 CMH really that expensive. First grow everything pays for itself.

I think the bigger question is heat dissipation and air flow. If you can nail those two things and depending on your space the 315 is very nice. But the MCOB has the same heat with 2 X the wattage. I will keep you posted on my journal.

I have nothing to gain but wisdom that I wish to pass on to others. I tried a lot of the cheap shit and I can tell you this. I replaced my PH tester with a bluelab. I got decent lights and a decent tent and I have something. NO REGRETS.

:D

Organikz

Organikz

I can't believe how healthy the plants grow under the 315 phantoms. I also don't even have to run exhaust fan. I actually have to seal my a.c. vent. It gets too cool unless I run both.

StandingRock

StandingRock

3x600hps usually netted 3.5lbs on average

4x315 cmh always the past 5 runs better 3.5+lbs.

Do the math.

Hey man how ow many plants are you doing per light and how long are you vegging them? I'm hoping to hit those numbers with my GG4 this run. I'd be pretty happy

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

My flower room is 8x12 offset 2.5' from.center and has 4x315. I put 12 plants under the lights, and 4 plants on the side.

Veg time, dunno. I run perpetual. Take clones 2 weeks before harvest, 12 weeks for those cuttings to be grown and flipped.

gwheels

gwheels

I am very impressed with the 315 light. The plants are vegging with very tight internodal distance. And the temp is a lot easier to control than I was expecting. My MCOB would be the high 80s and the 315 is the high 70s. I think the plants love it.

20170828 194246 Moment
Top Bottom