Cmh Vs Led O

• Thread starter FrenchOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Cmh vs led, vote and reply with the reasons why!

• LED

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • CMH (LEC)

Votes: 25 69.4%

• Total voters
K

kansabis

Yeah mostly true but id bet any of em work,I use veros,only 2 of em and they work great,they do a lil better being ran at higher wattage than crees I believe. Can't compare em though since I only have experience with the veros.

bicky studs

bicky studs

Yeah mostly true but id bet any of em work,I use veros,only 2 of em and they work great,they do a lil better being ran at higher wattage than crees I believe. Can't compare em though since I only have experience with the veros.
yup from wat i read veros rockin at around 75w.
im aiming for even canopies and wanted even coverage so went with cree @25-50w.
quantum boards looking solid too. i might try 1 out for mum/clone tent....

C

closetgrow69

This is my first coco run ever, with my first CMH run ever. And 3rd grow ever. Way bigger and STICKIER nugs than I’ve ever had before. I don’t have any real LED/COB experience, but can’t go wrong with the CMH... I’ll attach some pics. Using the 3100k bulb. It’s just a random bagseed ive had for like 5 years. The space is 3ft x 2.8ft

Day 45 of 12/12 - can’t wait to see how she finishes

I like the fact that you get the UV light. All about them trichs baby. The nugs are really dense and solid too. Check out the size of the stems and stalk! I attribute that to the CMH.

I really like the idea of the CMH with COB’s around the outside. I saw one fixture online that had a HPS in the middle and two CMH’s on either side of it. Now that thing would friggin rock!!

If price isn’t an issue.. What about two cmh’s with some LED/COB in the middle? That would be perfect if they made like a 200-250w CMH I think.. and wish... and am quite baked

Can’t go wrong with either. The CMH is ready to rock. The COB is more expensive and more work to set up, but is more customizeable. I obviously went with the CMH and don’t have a single regret. It’s amazed me from the day I got it.

6A22A3E8 5B5F 4DA7 A0ED BE352BFE47C7
8DE64186 418F 498E 90D0 CA5FE442BCE3
A3A0B801 C47E 45F5 8945 DA9557EFC478
D15A7A88 4823 4D06 AB52 0CEF09164055
F962326D 9EC6 485B 896E 3D61A38FD7CC
bicky studs

bicky studs

This is my first coco run ever, with my first CMH run ever. And 3rd grow ever. Way bigger and STICKIER nugs than I’ve ever had before. I don’t have any real LED/COB experience, but can’t go wrong with the CMH... I’ll attach some pics. Using the 3100k bulb. It’s just a random bagseed ive had for like 5 years. The space is 3ft x 2.8ft

I like the fact that you get the UV light. All about them trichs baby. The nugs are really dense and solid too. Check out the size of the stems and stalk! I attribute that to the CMH.

I really like the idea of the CMH with COB’s around the outside. I saw one fixture online that had a HPS in the middle and two CMH’s on either side of it. Now that thing would friggin rock!!

If price isn’t an issue.. What about two cmh’s with some LED/COB in the middle? That would be perfect if they made like a 200-250w CMH I think.. and wish... and am quite baked

Can’t go wrong with either. The CMH is ready to rock. The COB is more expensive and more work to set up, but is more customizeable. I obviously went with the CMH and don’t have a single regret. It’s amazed me from the day I got it.
those bic lighters great for size perception...since thet bought out the mini bic:p na jokes nice work:cool:

H

heisen

But that trunk though.dude if we was local we could partner up and put some shit on the map.i admire the fact it's your third grow and your shit looks good man.impresssive.

hillbil

hillbil

I now run most all COBs in flower but previously used the old Mastercolor 250w and 400w cmh alone or with hps or blurple LEDs. They produced great herb with a bit looser and always more leafy buds. Used them for years. I have read nothing but good on the 315w and consider them a very valid lighting option. Much better than the old ones. Still tempted to do one just for fun. Have fun!

P

Pimples

Another vote for Cmh! Especially for the price. A comparable LED would be way more expensive than the cmh. I’d stay away from any China made LED but there are great ones out there, but but they sure are expensive. COB’s would be awesome.

I like that the CMH has some UV. You can get them with the ballast and hood separate too to help with heat, but they don’t produce much. I could rest my cheek on the hood and it would feel good

Here’s my first grow with the 315cmh in a 3x3 ft cabinet on day 34 of 12/12 in coco. Threw her in a 6.5ish gal pot lol
Now that is text book personal scrog right there. Nice job. How long was your veg period before the flip to flower?

B

Bjstan

Theres a lot of cmh haters put there. Mainly butt hurt ass growers who get 1lb per 1k bulb. I pull 3/4lb with 1x315. I can pull 1lb per 315 if I run 4 of my elites (darlins net) under 1 hood.

Pardon my interruption. I'm looking at things I would need to have a good first grow in a tent more than likely. And you were helpful on my last inquiry here, so I thought I'd ask you what light would be best for the tent? In your opinion . I was looking at possibly CMH 315, but im not set on that. l would like to pull as much as possible from the tent.. I thought you may have some ideas or names of places to look... And just general light or tent info..I really appreciate this website and the forums. You all are very knowledgeable and thanks alot for your help..

B

Bjstan

Also are there any lights or sites to avoid when looking for stuff trying to find the best place for a light.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Yea that looks really great!! Hope to get everything I need together in the next month or 2... What tent brand do you use?

All genuine Philips bulbs. The very best. Basic prism 1st gen white - no frills ballasts. I now change bulbs yearly. No tent, built and sealed co2 room. My veg room is a tent.

Not all outcomes will be alike. My room is dialed in perfectly, and i have killer genetics. If it ait broke, don' fix it!

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

0EA848C1 2398 47A0 A6C4 D3A062E1A82B
7A8B4AEF 67E3 4539 845C 5B83F7679D3A
FFD97FB8 0C1D 4105 8DA7 07C906476010
I went with a temporary 1000w vivosun hps. It’s getting the job done so far.

I might do one more grow with this fixture then switch to 2 315s. Also thought of a hlg550 too but I know HLG is gonna come out with some better shit soon so I’m not sure led is the way to go yet. Not cheap enough, discoveries still have to be made.

K

Kdanna12

I've been using Mars Hydro for about 4 years not with great luck. My set up is in a basement with an 4x4 tent and an 8x4 tent. I just purchase the new Mars Hydro 1600 with the Cree LED's and I am not disappointed. I have been using LED because of heat issues with the MH and HPS, I yeild about 20 ounces per 4x4 area with the new Mars Hydro. I have not run a CMH I am actually doing some research and will probably be doing a side by side comparison to check it out. But don't let these guys tell you Mars Hydro is junk because its not. Thousands of hours on my old Mars lights before any issues.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've been using Mars Hydro for about 4 years not with great luck. My set up is in a basement with an 4x4 tent and an 8x4 tent. I just purchase the new Mars Hydro 1600 with the Cree LED's and I am not disappointed. I have been using LED because of heat issues with the MH and HPS, I yeild about 20 ounces per 4x4 area with the new Mars Hydro. I have not run a CMH I am actually doing some research and will probably be doing a side by side comparison to check it out. But don't let these guys tell you Mars Hydro is junk because its not. Thousands of hours on my old Mars lights before any issues.
Might wanna do the side by side then give an opinion. You can grow with a bunch of CFL's if you wish. I have never used a Mars hydro but did a crap ton of research on the lighting in terms of ppfd, efficiency, spectrum, wattage etc. etc. and when you line em up the Mars hydro is junk in comparison to the lights listed by @Buzzer777 , @sixstring , @gwheels and many others in this thread. Just cause it grows plants does not make it equal to the other lights listed

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I hope you have been reading ALL the horror stories about Mars lights on these forums! (YES..MARS HYDRO SUX!)
You can begin here:
(I was kind and didn't link you to the beginning).

Just because your light lasted..many have not and had to deal with the Non existent (DIY bwarranty service) Mars CS..BTW..try asking Mars if they are using Top Shelf Crees or the the diodes that are not up to Top Shelf Quality.

I don't usually come off like this, but Mars gets me hopping mad..everything wrong with the lighting market, all rolled up into one. The advertise on many forums and are known to bitch (Sara from Mars) at mods when their products are bashed! (look over at GC!) The only thing they knew about Cannabis was what they stole from all overt the net!

Top Bottom