Co2 Generator questions?

• Thread starter robz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGONLY

OGONLY

Yah the extra burner gets CO2 level up faster so less burn time.

Giddeon

Giddeon

Oh yah, you can add burners to most CO2 burner units. Mine (Gen 1 by CAP) comes with one burner but has capacity for four. I bought another one ($30 at hydro shop) and found that 2 burners is ideal for my 11x12 room.

And then if you know the proper size holes you can drill out your jets that are set for probably a propane setup, and convert your burner to run off NG. Which eliminates all those trips filling up bottles of propane.

If you don't know the proper size to drill have a store that converts bbq's from Propane to NG to look up the specs on the drill-bit size needed. Make sure you know exact specs before you start drilling, go one size too big and you could have flames shooting out the top of your burner.

R

robz

And then if you know the proper size holes you can drill out your jets that are set for probably a propane setup, and convert your burner to run off NG. Which eliminates all those trips filling up bottles of propane.

If you don't know the proper size to drill have a store that converts bbq's from Propane to NG to look up the specs on the drill-bit size needed. Make sure you know exact specs before you start drilling, go one size too big and you could have flames shooting out the top of your burner.

That would be sweet but I don't have NG hooked up at my grow place.

R

robz

I got the CAP PCM-4 today at the local grow shop. Going to revamp the room tonight. I'm stoked! My girls are going to be so happy.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Nice bro congratz!

Now just make sure and keep those temps in check. You'll be golden.

Giddeon

Giddeon

I got the CAP PCM-4 today at the local grow shop. Going to revamp the room tonight. I'm stoked! My girls are going to be so happy.

Good to hear let us know how that works out for you.

Sounds like a Bigger AC and a sealed room could be in your future.

R

robz

We've got co2

Ok first of all I re-did my 2 1000 watt HPS Lights air system. I originally had my 6in. Vortex pulling air through my sealed hoods and a Phat filter then exausting it into the attic. It was a decent setup that pulled in plenty of fresh air from my adjoining veg tent on the other side of my flower room. What I did was just connected my 6in. ducting to the flange on my false wall that runs to my veg tent which in turn is fed fresh air from my bedroom window. So I have basically killed two birds with one stone. My veg tent always had a heating issue with not enough air flow. Hooking the 6in. Vortex up to the tent sucks fresh air from window, through tent, out of tent, into sealed hoods in flower room to cool the 2000 watt HPS, Out of the hoods and into the attic. After hooking up the PCM-4 my temps and humidity have been much more in line. I'm still going to need to upgrade the AC in the flower room as warmer weather will soon be upon us. Also humidity will be a problem. But all in all I'm happy with this setup. The Green Air generator only clicks on for about 30 sec. when the level in the room drops to around 900ppm. Can anyone recommend a good AC for my room? Their is no window so it needs to be free standing in a 12by9by10 room??? The pic is of some Afgoo I just finished without co2. Imagine it would of been much bigger with co2 enrichment.

Co2 098
Giddeon

Giddeon

Mini Splits are great but if that doesn't suit your needs I use KWIKOOL products, I have a 5 ton air cooled unit and love it.

R

robz

Mini Splits are great but if that doesn't suit your needs I use KWIKOOL products, I have a 5 ton air cooled unit and love it.

I got a upright AC installed on the opposite side of the flower room this evening and ran the 4 in. cold air outlet through the false wall into the flower room. Now the temps are 81-82 degrees steady with a RH Of 47-50%.. The co2 generator now turns on every 6 min. for 1min. 45 sec. It is definatley working better but I noticed that when I open the door to the room that it has a vacume in it. I had to force the door a tad. Is this negative pressure normal? Should I try to seal the room up better?

Giddeon

Giddeon

I got a upright AC installed on the opposite side of the flower room this evening and ran the 4 in. cold air outlet through the false wall into the flower room. Now the temps are 81-82 degrees steady with a RH Of 47-50%.. The co2 generator now turns on every 6 min. for 1min. 45 sec. It is definatley working better but I noticed that when I open the door to the room that it has a vacume in it. I had to force the door a tad. Is this negative pressure normal? Should I try to seal the room up better?

So is it a portable?? Portable units exhaust room air, humidity and Co2, out of their exhaust tube unless you have an Isolated condenser with an I/O setup
heres a link to what I mean

R

robz

So is it a portable?? Portable units exhaust room air, humidity and Co2, out of their exhaust tube unless you have an Isolated condenser with an I/O setup
heres a link to what I mean

It's this one.
7,000 BTU Portable Spot Air
Conditioner With Dehumidification
No Complicated Hook Ups, Just Plug In
Ideal For Spot Cooling
Powerful Cold Air Where You Need It
Easy To Move
2 Fan Speeds
Rotary Controls
5.3 Pints (2.5L) Water Tank
Dehumidifing Capacity: 1.4 Pints/Hour
***33.6 Pints/Day 80% Humidity)
Power Consumption: 690Watts / 6Amp.

Giddeon

Giddeon

So yes it seems to me that it is a portable and the problem with most portable units is they exhaust conditioned room air to cool their condenser. So when you have air blowing out that 4" exhaust tube its full of Co2, and Humidity and the smell of your room.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Gideon is right. That is why you have neg. pressure in the room. My portable deos the same thing. When it is running you get neg. pressure from it pulling air from your room.
You can get away with that, your burner will just have to run more.

I'd start saving up for a CO2 controller. You are probably wasting a lot of gas running it that often. Also a/c has to work harder when burner runs too much.

7000 BTU is not a lot. I'm guessing you have just one light? Mine is 11000 and works perfect for 2 1k lights with burner.

R

robz

Gideon is right. That is why you have neg. pressure in the room. My portable deos the same thing. When it is running you get neg. pressure from it pulling air from your room.
You can get away with that, your burner will just have to run more.

I'd start saving up for a CO2 controller. You are probably wasting a lot of gas running it that often. Also a/c has to work harder when burner runs too much.

7000 BTU is not a lot. I'm guessing you have just one light? Mine is 11000 and works perfect for 2 1k lights with burner.
I don't see how it can be pulling air out of the flower room when the outlet for the portable is in the flower room pushing the cool air in. The compressor is in a totally separate room. I tried just running the unit in the room but the exaust was making the room too hot. This setup allows the exaust to be totally separate from the flower room. I have 2 1000 watt lights in the roo
Air cooled with outside air. I have a Greenair CD-6 co2 generator that clicks on every 6 min. For 1 min. 45 sec. Temps and humidity dropped significantly from 87-90 degrees to a steady 82 degrees with the ac running. And RH went from 67% down to 47%. And does not fluctuate with the generator running.

Giddeon

Giddeon

I don't see how it can be pulling air out of the flower room when the outlet for the portable is in the flower room pushing the cool air in. The compressor is in a totally separate room. I tried just running the unit in the room but the exaust was making the room too hot. This setup allows the exaust to be totally separate from the flower room. I have 2 1000 watt lights in the roo
Air cooled with outside air. I have a Greenair CD-6 co2 generator that clicks on every 6 min. For 1 min. 45 sec. Temps and humidity dropped significantly from 87-90 degrees to a steady 82 degrees with the ac running. And RH went from 67% down to 47%. And does not fluctuate with the generator running.

How the hell do you have that AC hooked up????? I might be just ripped of some fresh oil but I cant picture that right now

R

robz

How the hell do you have that AC hooked up????? I might be just ripped of some fresh oil but I cant picture that right now

It's real simple man. It's a free standing AC. OUTLET goes through my false wall into the flower room to keep things cool. The compressor & intake are in the opposite room. It's a roll around AC. Go smoke some more oil lol.

Giddeon

Giddeon

It's real simple man. It's a free standing AC. OUTLET goes through my false wall into the flower room to keep things cool. The compressor & intake are in the opposite room. It's a roll around AC. Go smoke some more oil lol.

Seems to me this set up should create positive pressure. Wonder why the negative.

R

robz

Seems to me this set up should create positive pressure. Wonder why the negative.

Well I guess it is positive. Hard to push door to room open equals positive pressure. Maybe I need some more oil myself lol.

Top Bottom