co2 oil

• Thread starter BUBBAKUSHKID
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
El Cerebro

El Cerebro

cuz bho in my opinion, is kinda gross. now if you guys dont have a problem smoking that shit thats cool
I certainly don't have any problem vaporizing it :)

This thread makes me itchy to try out trolling, ya know, dance with the devil, not really sure why. Still interested in your stuff though anyway xtractr!

HerbalDreamin

HerbalDreamin

cuz bho in my opinion, is kinda gross. now if you guys dont have a problem smoking that shit thats cool, but why you on a thread asking if anyones done it, then try to say no thats not how to do it, or like im fuckin ignorant on the subject fuck you if this pertains to you. so you still act like the shit ive done is little things, yet before these posts you guys were in the dark and hadnt a clue. how forgetful are we? herbal your an ass city lame. gtfo and stop trolling a co2 thread, lop.View attachment 203849

You see what I am saying? You totally disregard everything I said...completely.

Where did I say butane was better than CO2? Where did I act like I am the shit? Where did I say you were ignorant on the subject? You act like you've taught me something yet I've yet to learn anything from you that I don't already know. You're trolling your own thread bro. Grow up for a second and respond like a normal human being. Fuck off with the slanders and derogetory comments....I have yet to talk shit to you...yet every response I get back is in someway putting me down. Does that make you feel good when you talk shit on a forum?

It's funny that you say bho is gross though....cus if I remember correctly you were smoking bho for a while...

Now...let's see if we can get a mature response from Mr. CO2.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

No offense to squiggly, but I seriously doubt a grad student is the most educated person here.

squiggly

squiggly

I'm certainly not the most educated person here. Saying as much is either putting words in my mouth, or saying ill-calculated ones from your own.

I am especially not the most informed as it goes to engineering materials or materials science in general. This is a completely different field from my own (organic chemistry).

I am older than your typical grad student and have spent considerably more time in the lab doing research than most--been doing research every semester since undergrad and have been taking school half time/working to pay for it for the last 8 years. So that's 8 years in the lab thus far. I know a good amount about organic chemistry because I have a great mentor--but that doesn't make me believe I've got all the answers.

I've only claimed to have one answer in this thread, and that is the answer to what the word selectivity means. Stumping me about o-rings and what not isn't going to disprove that.

All that said, I'll do some research and see if I can come up with a good answer--because despite your insistence on trying to make me look less intelligent, you've done what I asked at least in part by moving on to a real question about the process moving forward, which is what my interest is in this thread.

As I've said earlier I will only be replying to posts of this nature from here forward.

Have you considered PTFE or HDPE O-rings? I'm not sure about their pressure load capabilities--but I know they are chemical/temp resistent.

Also I've found this:

Here are some details on the material Viton--a fluoroelastomer-- which is used.

VITON® (A) COMPOUNDS
Description: Excellent resistance to petroleum products and solvents. Very good high-temperature performance. Fluorocarbon elastomers make up the most widely
used seals in the semiconductor industry.

Limitations: Avoid polar solvents, amines, anhydrous ammonia, SKYDROL, hydrazine and hot acids.

Chemistry: Copolymer of vinylidene fluoride and hexafluoropropylene, although many more exotic versions exist for improved chemical resistance or low temperature performance.

Graywolf

Graywolf

I typically used PTFE for cryogenic seals and Stellite seated valves for metering high pressure gasses, because of seat errosion.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Hey just got a thai power inc iso2. Anyone familiar w the units operation for isomerizing the oil w sulferic acid? Its a legendary hash isomerizer that has these wives tales that come w it and gunked up authentic hash oil from the 70's is proof those aren't fables as the pot was then weaker, but the hash stronger? Doesn't equal the math and I'm still puzzled. Would todays pot produce better hash than what were putting out on the market today? Seems likely w this unit as that 70's hash got me twisted. Unusual taste very unique, not bad and expando.

If you run it outside with a non polar solvent like hexane, an ISO-2 produces a nice honey colored oil.

Graywolf

Graywolf

I'll check with my former cryogenic fabricator and see what his best source is. They are a specialty item that I doubt too many people buy big lots of.

PS:Sent him an e-mail this morning.

squiggly

squiggly

I'm sure about how the isomerizer specifically works--but I do know about the isomerization of THC. Now you're firmly in my ballpark :)

PM me if you want to know what's going on chemically. Essentially you can just reflux a crude oil mix with sulfuric acid for a few hours and voila--delta9-THC.

delta9-THC is the most thermodynamically stable isomer at elevated temps--the acid simply "activates" the mono-methylated ring structure (usually pictured at the top left of the molecule), and allows that double bond to move around the ring. The different positions it can hold correspond to the different delta"#" isomers.

You're essentially going to be protonating one side of that double bond which is going to give the ring a + charge, which it can stabilize at various different positions. When you quench the reaction, the double bond will reform somewhere in the ring by losing a hydrogen (or two, depending on position--if it does this then two hydrogen atoms will, in the end, be added across the original double bond).

Graywolf

Graywolf

Check your mail Co2extractr.

Isomerized on the left, same material decarboylated on the right. Stringy stuff isomerized.

Isomerize 1 1
Isomerize 2 1 1
squiggly

squiggly

That picture lends some credibility to my argument on that thread with jump that THC is red when it's all the same isomer. Conjugation can eff with light so it made sense to me--that makes it look pretty definitive even to the naked eye--backs up what the spectrophotometry showed.

Graywolf

Graywolf

We isomerized the oil on the right, to produce the oil on the left. The stringy shit, is the oil on the left, to show its consistency.

S

sambosan408

Hey ohiofarmer, I cannot message you but if you'd like to see a picture of a supercritical CO2 system in use for oil I'd love to disprove you.
I'm in Cali getting ready to move in that direction. Can you help with finding slightly used machine. Thanks

Top Bottom