coco coir mayday

• Thread starter splakdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
splakdawg

splakdawg

Hey guys I'm having issues with my first full run with coco. I'm getting yellowing of the leaves, spots , and crinkly leaves. I'm lost as to what's the culprit. I'm vegging under a thouie hps, alternating between feedings and straight water. I even chem led for bugs and no sign of nothing I'm completely dumb founded. I provided pics and if anyone needs more details plz ask

Coco coir mayday
Coco coir mayday 2
Coco coir mayday 3
Coco coir mayday 4
sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
feed them around 500 ppm for a few days until they grow more roots and snap out of it.

splakdawg

splakdawg

Thx sealed I've been feeding teas my last tea feeding was around 420 ppm

R

ReCway

check your run off. did you charge your coco? whats in the tea? could be alo of things.

splakdawg

splakdawg

Yes I flushed and charged my coco with calmag initially. I've been making a basic tea with just each molasses and great white. I'm aerating a batch of general organic bio thrive. Hopefully that helps bring my gals back

Cort

Cort

Whats your runoff ppm and ph right now?

Coco requires more than just simple tea. Coco has no nutrients in it, you provide all the plants food at the proper ph for uptake. They need food IMHO.

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Yeah you're definitely gonna want to give them food. What nutes are you using?

splakdawg

splakdawg

To be honest today was my first actual feeding of any food. I gave em a feeding of general organic bio grow wit some cal mag. My runoff Ph and ppm was 6.3 and 420ish on average today

R

ReCway

Any recommendations for veg nutes guys.

those plants look hungry. CoCo needs to be charged with nutes. at least 700-800 ppms until the run off is close to 700-800. I would check the PPM and PH of your runoff. or put some coco in distilled water and check it that way. I would go with JR Peters Jacks Pro 2 part. Plenty of info on this site about jacks. Really high quality nutes for way cheap.

splakdawg

splakdawg

I've been poking int
those plants look hungry. CoCo needs to be charged with nutes. at least 700-800 ppms until the run off is close to 700-800. I would check the PPM and PH of your runoff. or put some coco in distilled water and check it that way. I would go with JR Peters Jacks Pro 2 part. Plenty of info on this site about jacks. Really high quality nutes for way cheap.
I've been looking at Jr peters nutes and was gonna grab some for the round.after this because I already bought my nutes for this round, but seeing how things are going I might have to go with some jacks sooner than later. Do solubles like marine cuisine work good with coco. I always liked to veg with m.c in soil

R

ReCway

MC works good in soil but good organic soil is a thriving ecosystem, its alive. MC feeds your soil and and your micro organisms in your soil eat the MC and in turn feed your pants. CoCo is a sterile medium, meaning it has nothing in it. To grow organically in CoCo you need to pre amend it with goodies and create a colony of bacteria. If you have not done this then you are not going to get the most out of organic nutes.

Now if you feed some good synthetic nutes like Jacks and supplement with ACTs or Aerobic Compost Teas then you can get the most out of the CoCo without having to pre amend it. You periodically introduce bacteria with your teas and since it is allowed to brew with goodies that feed the bacteria, the tea has food that is readily to your plants.

Make sense? hope that helps

splakdawg

splakdawg

MC works good in soil but good organic soil is a thriving ecosystem, its alive. MC feeds your soil and and your micro organisms in your soil eat the MC and in turn feed your pants. CoCo is a sterile medium, meaning it has nothing in it. To grow organically in CoCo you need to pre amend it with goodies and create a colony of bacteria. If you have not done this then you are not going to get the most out of organic nutes.

Now if you feed some good synthetic nutes like Jacks and supplement with ACTs or Aerobic Compost Teas then you can get the most out of the CoCo without having to pre amend it. You periodically introduce bacteria with your teas and since it is allowed to brew with goodies that feed the bacteria, the tea has food that is readily to your plants.

Make sense? hope that helps

Couldn't have dumbed it down any better thx my good man :)

R

ReCway

Should I dump the general organic bio grow for something more chem related?

Yeah I used that before and it was ok in coco. Youd be better off with some form of Refined synthetic minerals or salt based nutes and then supplement with teas. Unless you pre amend your coco then any of the organic nutes you want to use will work good.

R

ReCway

Really bro nutes are more about Ratios and Nutrient Profiles then they are about brand name. But that is a whole nother story. I suggest you read a thread called https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...ves-to-overpriced-hydroponic-nutrients.35395/ .. took me a couple days to read and understand this thread but man o man it gives you a whole nother understanding of what plants need. In 10 years of growing I have never had such a dailed in garden since I started understanding nute profiles

R

ReCway

Go with jacks pro hydro and cal nitrate combo. 3 grams of jacks Pro, 2 grams of Cal nitrate, and 1 gram of Epsom salt per gallon for starters until you get the hang of things then tweek it depending on strain. Mix in that order and make sure the first powder is dissolved and mixed well before you add the Cal nit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom