coco coir mayday

• Thread starter splakdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
splakdawg

splakdawg

Go with jacks pro hydro and cal nitrate combo. 3 grams of jacks Pro, 2 grams of Cal nitrate, and 1 gram of Epsom salt per gallon for starters until you get the hang of things then tweek it depending on strain. Mix in that order and make sure the first powder is dissolved and mixed well before you add the Cal nit.
Is that the 5-12-26 formula ?

Cort

Cort

If you have the time to learn, go with the jacks. I have never used but wanted to try. Botanicare PBP isnt super spendy and will get the job done too.

If I were buying nutes today, Id go with the jacks. Good results, fantastic prices but has a bit of learning curve.

splakdawg

splakdawg

Been reading up and learning all evening. Wife upset I won't put the phone down

los0420

los0420

Hey guys I'm having issues with my first full run with coco. I'm getting yellowing of the leaves, spots , and crinkly leaves. I'm lost as to what's the culprit. I'm vegging under a thouie hps, alternating between feedings and straight water. I even chem led for bugs and no sign of nothing I'm completely dumb founded. I provided pics and if anyone needs more details plz ask
They need food at least 5 ml per gal of cal mag and at 600-800 ppm for the size of those plants,those plants are starving

R

ReCway

Thx loso, any tips as far as flushing coco. Is it the same process as soil and promix
You dont want to flush coco with straight water when straight of the bag, at least I dont. I charge with nutes until my run off is what is goin in. By doin this you wash out excess salts and charge with nutes at same time. CoCo leaches certain nutes so it needs to be charged. Different then flush with water. Only time to flush is before harvest imo

Cort

Cort

I flush with hot tap water till the tds comes down a bit. Then I finish the flush with phed nutes till my runoff ph/tds looks good. I use double epsom salt + regular nutes. New coco grabs mg and can deprive plants.

splakdawg

splakdawg

Everything is bouncing back and greening up. Only thing is my runoff Ph is still high 6.7, is this a issue or will it create one down the line

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
I use GH coco brick and GH 3 part with Calmag. I add the Calmag to my 30 gal rez. I hydrate my coco with veg nutes. Takes 10 gal. Bam im done! When I transplant i give them a cpl days to dry out before I feed them. I rarely have to flush except for the end. I add a little hygrozyme from time to time. I ph mine to 5.8 - 6.0 . I recently started spraying with epsom salt and that seems to help. I dont know about ppm's as I dont have a meter. 5-3-1 of g-m-b keeps my veg plants happy.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would add more Ca to this nutrient regimen, it looks like that's what they're missing most, though generally hungry as others have mentioned. You can foliar any good Ca product. It won't correct what's already damaged, but will prevent further degradation. Ca is the most important element/nutrient to address when growing in coir because coir locks Ca, so you actually need to push an excess so that the coir becomes saturated (all available sites that lock Ca have it 'docked'), which will then allow the plants to access the Ca you feed them.

R

ReCway

Everything is bouncing back and greening up. Only thing is my runoff Ph is still high 6.7, is this a issue or will it create one down the line

Thats kinda high bro. You need to run more nute through your medium until your at least at 6.3-6.0. If you use jacks no Cal mag is needed. I stop using cal mag when I started with jacks and this is with Ca Mag hungry strains like OGs and Chems. Personally I think people over feed cal mag to plants, if you nutrient ratios are dailed in you will be ok.

Cort

Cort

Jacks makes a Calcium nitrate that many recommend if you are running RO. Add epsom for your MG needs.

6.7 is still high. Your girls will not be able to feed properly.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Go with jacks pro hydro and cal nitrate combo. 3 grams of jacks Pro, 2 grams of Cal nitrate, and 1 gram of Epsom salt per gallon for starters until you get the hang of things then tweek it depending on strain. Mix in that order and make sure the first powder is dissolved and mixed well before you add the Cal nit.

Use two buckets; put Jacks and epsom in one, and calcium nitrate in the other. This way you will avoid the most common interaction; the sulphur in epsom mixing with the calcium in calcium nitrate.

I use the 3-2-1 ratio, or when I'm compensating for soft water without cal-mag, I use 3-2.5-1.5, Jacks-calciumnitrate-epsom salt.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Thats kinda high bro. You need to run more nute through your medium until your at least at 6.3-6.0. If you use jacks no Cal mag is needed. I stop using cal mag when I started with jacks and this is with Ca Mag hungry strains like OGs and Chems. Personally I think people over feed cal mag to plants, if you nutrient ratios are dailed in you will be ok.

My water may be low in calcium, but everyone I know adds a little more calcium to the 3-2-1 mix. I change my ratio to 3-2.5-1.5 to give the plants more of it.

Sorry, don't mean to sound repetitive.

splakdawg

splakdawg

Appreciate the help. My tap comes out at 5.9 and I've been feeding them around 5-600. I give the ladies 2liters of solution every 2 days. Should I bump up the amount of solution given or just flush with a bit of tap and then feed its regular veg solution till I get.my run off Ph stable?
And as soon as some spare cash come around.I will be upgrading to jacks

R

ReCway

Appreciate the help. My tap comes out at 5.9 and I've been feeding them around 5-600. I give the ladies 2liters of solution every 2 days. Should I bump up the amount of solution given or just flush with a bit of tap and then feed its regular veg solution till I get.my run off Ph stable?
And as soon as some spare cash come around.I will be upgrading to jacks
if it was my garden i would run nutes at 5.9 ph and 800 ppm through my medium until my run off was where i wanted it. might take more than 2 liters but once your ph is in check go back to normal amounts. Remeber to always get at least 20% run off.

B

Big Costa420

jacks pro is the way to no problems everything is flourishing very well on multiple flavors plus I can use my coco up 4yrs I'll never switch to anything else

splakdawg

splakdawg

I made the switch to jacks this weeek and I must say I don't understand what people mean by learning curve this stuff is super easy. But then again u guys with experience with it have made the transition a breeze. I was kinda surprise that such little amounts made my ppms jump up so high "880-900"

Top Bottom