Coco Flushing Techniques

• Thread starter saltwater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Prevada 13

Prevada 13

Flushing for taste is a myth

Great thread guys.. Ill share my experience as I have flushed and didnt flush b4.
When I didnt flush I got higher yield but the taste was bad and the weed was hay and some have still this smell after along cured, and the ones who dosent have the hay smell dosent smell at all!!!
I can say on experience that the smoke was hay, taste bad, smell bad..

Now when I flush, I got lower yields for sure...but I had GREAt WEED..that smell and taste great...

The thing is guys that you speak on different levels...no other plant in the world we consume we flush.. But also put in mind that humans shouldnt be smoking and specially loads of weed the is boombarded with all kind of Phosphate and dengirous chemicals..
Thats why its not amyth for cannabis to flush while you dont with any other cropor or plant.
PR13

Prevada 13

Prevada 13

Flushing is not starving, fading, or anything else, to cause nutrients to disappear from the plant.

I think you guys are completely missing how the terms are being used.
Flushing is to cleans soils/medium, and has no other meaning.

You are correct but this flushing have an impact that we NEED!

Prevada 13

Prevada 13

for some maybe
I have done both methods.....and I have found personally there is no degradation nor have I seen anything positive from not starving the plant the last week....well tapering off is what I like to call it
I dont get "extra trichs....or bigger buds" once the buds swell and finish...well they are finished...period.....Inderstand the argument with the grower who "flushes for the last 30 days bro".....but that to me...is stupid....unless you are growing in soil...which is a differ topic entirely
IMHO

Not correct.. Becouse when I chop on stages my yield increase dramatically!! And I do usually this when the upper buds are ripped.. The lowyer can still go for aweek or two increasing your tottal yield.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
But isn't the fade from the plant becoming deficient? For instance, when monitoring runoff ec over the course of flushing, I like to watch it slowly drop, which coincides with the plant fading as less npk, etc. is available to it. So the plant cannibalizes itself leading to it showing deficiencies, aka the fade.
I've always viewed it as another sign of senescence, a signal that its life is coming to an end. That said, I like to force a fade by using sugars to make N unavailable (timing is crucial here).

Wisher619

Wisher619

Not correct.. Becouse when I chop on stages my yield increase dramatically!! And I do usually this when the upper buds are ripped.. The lowyer can still go for aweek or two increasing your tottal yield.
Actualy I AM correct in that this was my opinion as well as what I have experienced
you must have an amazing plant if yours inditermimately grows

Prevada 13

Prevada 13

Actualy I AM correct in that this was my opinion as well as what I have experienced
you must have an amazing plant if yours inditermimately grows

Didnt mean to be harsh bro..so forgive me for that.was just reading fast and engaged in conversation besides tryen to concentrate in here. What I meant is the following..
Example:

I grow mostly 9 weeks strains yes.. So by 9 weeks more or less few days I can chop..but this dosent mean I can take the same strain to 10 or 11 weeks and get better or more knock out med etc..so if you flush in here or not that last or two weeks, yes this is going to make difference...
The thing is that you have to compare all the factors... I have also done both and I give my honest opinion based on my own experience... Am not tryen to be right or wrong or empress anybody.. Am just sharing my experience.. so forgive me again if I sound harsh..peace..

PR13

Smerb

Smerb

Flushing a toilet? You want everything down,right? Haha, people never flushed before,plants would show you they were done. Think old

Prevada 13

Prevada 13

The upper colas always finnish faster and sooner.. Yes the plants can still produce
Flushing a toilet? You want everything down,right? Haha, people never flushed before,plants would show you they were done. Think old

Bro we are on schedule,,,, its damn 20 century now, Think fast..move fast.. Lool

Wisher619

Wisher619

Didnt mean to be harsh bro..so forgive me for that.was just reading fast and engaged in conversation besides tryen to concentrate in here. What I meant is the following..
Example:

I grow mostly 9 weeks strains yes.. So by 9 weeks more or less few days I can chop..but this dosent mean I can take the same strain to 10 or 11 weeks and get better or more knock out med etc..so if you flush in here or not that last or two weeks, yes this is going to make difference...
The thing is that you have to compare all the factors... I have also done both and I give my honest opinion based on my own experience... Am not tryen to be right or wrong or empress anybody.. Am just sharing my experience.. so forgive me again if I sound harsh..peace..

PR13
for me....I find yes there is a window
say I grow a 8 week plant...I can take it to 9 and it will be a little more stoney.....during that 9th week I am tapering and slowly starving my plant....the plant is still processing it is just using the mobile elements within the plant as opposed to using fresh available
so I see you point.....but......at the end of the day....you arent really gonna see any difference is weight...just potency at this point......you just have to know and dial in your cultivar....knowing when it is at maximum swell and potency to know when to taper and cease feed in order to reach said goal with maximum fade

Prevada 13

Prevada 13

for me....I find yes there is a window
say I grow a 8 week plant...I can take it to 9 and it will be a little more stoney.....during that 9th week I am tapering and slowly starving my plant....the plant is still processing it is just using the mobile elements within the plant as opposed to using fresh available
so I see you point.....but......at the end of the day....you arent really gonna see any difference is weight...just potency at this point......you just have to know and dial in your cultivar....knowing when it is at maximum swell and potency to know when to taper and cease feed in order to reach said goal with maximum fade

So far so good except that the waight aint going to improve.. Harvest the tops next time and leave the rest one or two more weeks and see for ur self. PR13

Prevada 13

Prevada 13

Harvesting on stages def increase waight but its all also comparitive!! You still losing one or more two weeks..its all how it works for u the best using the genetics you have...
There is no myth and there is no must.. Its just what works best for your needs.. Thats how I see it.

Prevada 13

Prevada 13

I do the same :)

DSC 0487

Wisher619

Wisher619

yeah I know.....just havnt seen anyone grow a standard plant indoors in a long time
there is always some technique
whether topping and lollypopping or scrogging....or better yet SoGGing 18" max plants that are pretty much one cola each

Prevada 13

Prevada 13

yeah I know.....just havnt seen anyone grow a standard plant indoors in a long time
there is always some technique
whether topping and lollypopping or scrogging....or better yet SoGGing 18" max plants that are pretty much one cola each

Completely true..but guess what.. I have 5x querkle and 2x violittas that ill leave alone with no top, fim or lollipop this round..am really into the idea!

Wisher619

Wisher619

Completely true..but guess what.. I have 5x querkle and 2x violittas that ill leave alone with no top, fim or lollipop this round..am really into the idea!
Indo that from time to time....just to see the growth and structure of a new genetic
but not when I am familiar

Latest posts

Top Bottom