Coco grow, Slow growth yellow / ligh green leaves, 1ml cal mag , canna A&B , Ph 5.8

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
newh

newh

Hi anyone
Notre sure bow this works I'm a newbee

iv switched from soil to coco and having some problem's, some answers would be great, Thanks pH 007

i have a Coco grow in veg ,
Im getting slow growth and some leave quite a few looking a bit light green, a bit or red stem hardly any..
iv been having the same problems with last 3 coco grows, last 2 grows 4 plants iv

im using full strength cal mag every watering , canna A&B and pH to 5.8 and total E.C is 1.0 ,, That's 0.4 E.C of cal mag
and 0.6 E.C of canna a A&B
temps 75.7f day. ,, and night 70/71f

my tap water is it TDS i think it called it 0.7 in pic below so I believe I have soft water, so I started using calag full strength 0.4 E.C
since using cal mag last grow and this grow that's in the pics below iv managed to stop plants from diying but still not looking vary health not instead of dying all 4 survive normally 2 will look really healthy and 2 not so good...

i give a mini flush today, that was 0.6 E.C that was 0.4 E.C of cal mag and 0.2 E.C canna A&B pH to 5.8.
, I then checked the run off is was 1.0/1.2 E.C and pH was 6.2...

triee watering from above with some run off and iv tried bottom feeding.

Pics below
some answers would be great thanks.. Sorry if this is all over the place on my mobile and stoned ain't working to well ;)

On 4 grown with coco that in the pics below they surviving but slow growth looking bi sick

View attachment 875228View attachment 875230View attachment 875231View attachment 875232View attachment 875233View attachment 875234View attachment 875235View attachment 875236View attachment 875237View attachment 875238

First coco grow I had 4 plants 2 died 2 survived I wernt sure if was under or ivwe feeding so was flush feedning, one day feed next day flush repeat till harvest.
2 plants give me 14 oz dry.
Feed was
Canna A&B , pk boost, and should gun boost the sugar carb type.. Total E.C 1.4
Flush fees flush feed..

Next coco grow 4 plants
This time added cal mag full strength
3 plants survived 2 good 1 not so good,
Total E.C was 1.2/1.4 max. That was 0.4 E.C cal mag, and pH boost & canna A&B
i didn't feed lush this time just stuck to 1.2/1.4 E.C til end.. This crop 2 plants looks healthy 1 not son healthy and only hits 10/11 oz dry off all 3 plant's..

now this is my 3rd or 4th grow with coco I'm getting better but as you can see in the pics they surviving but not looking great iv managed to stop them from dining on me since using cal mag at 0.2/0.4 E.C from straight from cutting , but slow growth and as what you can see in thse pics, still in veg. Want flick to 12/12 till get them looking good..
are you leaving the runoff in the catch tray?they dont like that.you should be top feeding and letting it run thru the coco .drain to waste.Ive used canna nutes for a while now follow the feed chart for your plants size and flush only once a week

Ph 007

Ph 007

Dr watt lol

I'll leave them dry and water again in a few days..

With E.C of 0.6 & half strength cal mag pg 5.8 but someone said 6.2 up above ^ that seems little high bit sure to try that phnir not

Ph 007

Ph 007

newh

Iv tried both bottom and top feeding, iv also tried leaving the sitting in run off and not. Iv never let them get to dry tho.

I was hoping to set up auto pot the obw with a float self feed bottom..
So if has to be top fed this is no good ?

That a food idea I need see the canna feed scheduled, I usually use cheap A&B
feed , evolution its called. But was having same problems with that so i though I'd rey canna coco feed..

Problem with feed charts from the nutrients supplier they always seem to tell you to fees to high and causes nuts burn..

What pH do you feed at?

And
Thanks everyone for the replies :)

Seraphine

Seraphine

If it helps, I top water once per day (sometimes I skip a day if I’ve been out in my garden). I get some run off everytime I water, maybe once or twice I watered without runoff because i was feeling lazy and didn’t want to clean up the run off. You want the coco to dry out some before watering again.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
If you are concerned about too much cal-mag, maybe an alternative would be a light foliar spray after flushing out the old stuff. That would bypass the roots and any issues that are resulting from them.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

It seems to me to be a watering frequency issue, your numbers (pH, conductivity, temp) seem good. Didn't see water temp mentioned, though.
My recommendation would be this

Do not let them sit in run off. I see auto pots in some of those pics, I'd do away with those altogether until you have this stable.

If you are using canna coco nutes I would mix as follows
CalMag- 2ml/gal (.5ml/liter)
A&B- 8ml/gal (2ml/liter)
Try a feed-feed-rinse schedule

Let them get fairly dry before watering again. When you water next, water to runoff. Feel the weight of that container at max saturation. Familiarize yourself with that feeling. Wait until it dries to half that weight again. Water to runoff.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Thanks them last 3 where great

I'll try letting them dry aout more I have 1 small cutting in a small pot looking very healthy, iv been letting that dry out a lot more than the 4 in the pics I'm having problems with

I'll try the feed & cal half strength as said and then maybe start spraying calmag if things don't look better..

I'm sure its over feeding & iv got lock out and I'm sure its ivwe watering..

Should I stick to pH 5.8 ?

Thanks

Seraphine

Seraphine

Thanks them last 3 where great

I'll try letting them dry aout more I have 1 small cutting in a small pot looking very healthy, iv been letting that dry out a lot more than the 4 in the pics I'm having problems with

I'll try the feed & cal half strength as said and then maybe start spraying calmag if things don't look better..

I'm sure its over feeding & iv got lock out and I'm sure its ivwe watering..

Should I stick to pH 5.8 ?

Thanks
Yes. Don’t change pH yet. Only address the watering issue. If you address the watering issue and after a week or two, you still see the same problems, then Adjust the pH.

Ph 007

Ph 007

I check my pH pen calibration today it was out by 1 so not a problem

I did mini flush last night with half strength cal mag E.C 02. At 0.5ml a litre instead of the usual full strength
I then added canna coco A & B total E.C was 0.6 with the cal mag.. pH at 5.8...
Run off off was E.C 1.0 and pH 6.2
IMG 20190614 190946
H was 6.2

And today 11-11 hours later the are looking a bit better..

Iv added some pics taken today maybe someone can tell my them leaves..

IMG 20190614 191120
IMG 20190614 191101
IMG 20190614 191049
IMG 20190614 191037
IMG 20190614 191027
IMG 20190614 191013

Last edited:
newh

newh

I check my pH pen calibration today it was out by 1 so not a problem

I did mini flush last night with half strength cal mag E.C 02. At 0.5ml a litre instead of the usual full strength
I then added canna coco A & B total E.C was 0.6 with the cal mag.. pH at 5.8...
Run off off was E.C 1.0 and pH 6.2View attachment 875459H was 6.2

And today 11-11 hours later the are looking a bit better..

Iv added some pics taken today maybe someone can tell my them leaves..

View attachment 875453View attachment 875454View attachment 875455View attachment 875456View attachment 875457View attachment 875458
those olderleaves have damage that wont get better,watch your new growth for positive signs.to me plants that size should handle 1.2-1.4 ec no problem.like the other post said learn the weight of your plants some feed more than others when they get half light they need a feeding.if you dont like looking at the damaged leaves pick them off lol

Ph 007

Ph 007

those olderleaves have damage that wont get better,watch your new growth for positive signs.to me plants that size should handle 1.2-1.4 ec no problem.like the other post said learn the weight of your plants some feed more than others when they get half light they need a feeding.if you dont like looking at the damaged leaves pick them off lol

lol ye would if she was healthier, I do like a good de-leaf..

Iv been tinking 1.0. - 1.2 ec but some reason they don't like it they slow down

I'll just let coco dry more like a few have said thank you all,

I did a mini flush last night 0.6 ec should I feed at this strength for few days till run off is the same as what's going in?
Their is salt build up on the bottom pots on the sides..

So far in feed is 0.6 e.c pH at 5.8.
And the run off is 1.0 e.c , pH 6.2

Or
should should I jump straight to 1.0 e.c?
On next feed? I have a cutting 3 times smaller that's on 0.8 e.c lol I'm sick of typing e.c E.C E.C

newh

newh

lol ye would if she was healthier, I do like a good de-leaf..

Iv been tinking 1.0. - 1.2 ec but some reason they don't like it they slow down

I'll just let coco dry more like a few have said thank you all,

I did a mini flush last night 0.6 ec should I feed at this strength for few days till run off it the same as what's going in?
Their is salt build up on the bottom pots on the sides..

So far in feed is 0.6 e.c pH at 5.8.
And the run off is 1.0 e.c , pH 6.2

Or
should should I jump straight to 1.0 e.c?
On next feed? I have a cutting 3 times smaller that's on 0.8 e.c lol I'm sick of typing e.c E.C E.C
your gonna see some salt residue outside your fabric pots,thats ok.I think your slow down has been from them being soggy.I use big catch trays and a shopvac to get rid of runoff plus I elevate my pots on an upsidedown smaller catch tray it helps them breathe better.I feed everyday except Saturday thats my flush day but even then they are getting like .6 ec or so.ec is important in your growth cycle after time you get used to th ramp up,you learn to watch the new growth for signs if they want more or less.the majority of times I follow the complete Canna coco schedule

Ph 007

Ph 007

I'll leave hen dry more the pots are always pretty dam heavy , I thought it was OK in coco..

I'll follow the can feed chart on next feeding maybe just under what they say and see how it goes.. I will be going back onto my old cheap nutrients in few months i did first 2 grows with them and had same problems so tried canna as it was designed for coco but same problems, then that when in started using cal mag seemed make big difference..

So the bottom of your pot has a inch or 2 gap roots dangle into the tray then?

I use a auto pot tray i plan to set it up self feeding when things are good, I either top or bottom feed try both and I suck out run off with a manual pull pump from Amazon for unblocking toilets works brilliant suck litre up with one pull :)
I actually bough it to unlock my toilet didn't work then in tried one them unblock wore snake would work and then in had to rip the toilet out and unblock back pipe, So much fun..

newh

newh

I flip over a smaller catch tray and put my buckets on that in a bigger catch tray so I can vac the runoffs.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Yes it true you shouldn’t let coco dry out but it’s only because of the salt build up. I have let my coco get bone dry (when I skipped a day of watering) and I just make sure to get extra run off to flush potential salt build up. Cannabis does not like wet feet so you never want your medium to stay soggy all the time. It needs to dry out a little to let the roots breath. And don’t let them sit in the run off.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Seraphine

I shall let them dry and upp the feed to 0.8 then 1.0 thanks,

When iv got the hang of coco I'm planning on setting up auto pot,
Its a gravity auto bottom feed system for those who don't know lol..

Does any one think this auto pot is OK for coco? Will it still give hyrdo results .. I'll have 2inch perlite at the bottom of pot..
I could hand top feed but I like the simplicity of auto pot just fill ress every few days. Ihave had much experience with auto pot and soil but. But not coco

Ph 007

Ph 007

Update on the plants.

Since the mini flush half strength cal mag and canna coco A&B total watering e.c 0.6, iv left them dry for about day and a half 2 fays max, now their looking better and more roots showing out the sides if the fabric pots..

I'll feed again tomorrow 0.8 or 1.0 ec not decided yet will post pics in few days here is one pic from today since the.l mini flush..

I want to say thank you to everyone who give their info :)

IMG 20190615 153132
Ph 007

Ph 007

Looks like it was over watering.
Leaving them dry they looking better, and people say you can't over water coco uh lol, who the fook are these nut jobs

Fed last night at 0.8 e.c and today at 1.0 e.c half strength cal mag..

And someone mentioned what was my water temp sorry I forgot to answer
My feed water temp is 21.1°c
Is that good or bad I'm sure it just OK in the low side but OK? Maybe upp the temp?

Thanks

newh

newh

Looks like it was over watering.
Leaving them dry they looking better, and people say you can't over water coco uh lol, who the fook are these nut jobs

Fed last night at 0.8 e.c and today at 1.0 e.c half strength cal mag..

And someone mentioned what was my water temp sorry I forgot to answer
My feed water temp is 21.1°c
Is that good or bad I'm sure it just OK in the low side but OK? Maybe upp the temp?

Thanks
now find your balance between wet and dry,too dry is probably worse than too wet.practice lifting your pots so you can get a better idea which ones need how much.if you get lucky they will all feed at the same rate.if you have big containers it will be longer in between cycles ,smaller containers the cycle is faster.in the arm part of the year you really dont have much worry about your water temp at feeding time its gonna be in the zone ,winter is a different story you need to make sure the water isnt too cold

Ph 007

Ph 007

now find your balance between wet and dry,too dry is probably worse than too wet.practice lifting your pots so you can get a better idea which ones need how much.if you get lucky they will all feed at the same rate.if you have big containers it will be longer in between cycles ,smaller containers the cycle is faster.in the arm part of the year you really dont have much worry about your water temp at feeding time its gonna be in the zone ,winter is a different story you need to make sure the water isnt too cold

OK thanks for the reply , I'm getting their :) looking better , they sucked up 1.0 e.c feed today so hopefull will start looking Heather with slightly less watering

Top Bottom