Coco grow, Slow growth yellow / ligh green leaves, 1ml cal mag , canna A&B , Ph 5.8

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

Taken today jun 22.

5 days into flower now.

I split the stalk on one last night on the Y trying to LSD one of them last night gutted. But I tied it back together to close the split, it was a good half inch to a inch max.
Look today and you would never tell anything happen the plant looks completely fine fair play :)

Plants have have had 1.2 ec for 2-3 days
And today bumped it up to 1.4 ec all feedings with 0.5ml a litre of of cal mag
Just like a few of your said..

I set up auto pot automatica feed yesterday and the plants are looking good , the top if the coco is damp but not as wet as it was when I was having problems, looks like bottom feeding has given the top of the coco time to dry a bit was way to wet..

I think i finally have masters coco :)
Was a bitch two begin with.

And for the record if anyone cares lol
Iv been meaning to sign up to a forum like this for a good 7 years glad I finally did, you guys saved me a lots of time that I would of wasted flushing low feeds and all sorts of stuff,
woop woop chicken soup

Some pics below

Ready today

IMG 20190622 160624
IMG 20190622 160622
IMG 20190622 160617
IMG 20190622 160614
IMG 20190622 160611
IMG 20190622 160606

Ph 007

Ph 007

I was wondering if anyone can answewr this.

I'm still having a bit of a problem slow growth and looks like some sort of nutriant problem..

I'm using bagged coco it's already buffed says on the bag.

My problem is transplanting clones from aerophonic spray clone matching
Into coco..

Clones look great in the clone machine however when I transplant them into pots with coco they seem to start looking a little unhealthy 1-2 days after potting up.

The usually are on 0.6ec no cal mag just feed in the clone machine
Then
I pot them up in coco feed at 0.6ec. 0.2 of that is cal mag that half strength..
I put straight into 20 lite pots from clone machine, the roots at very long coming out the clone machine.
I know small pots be better maybe start in smaller pots?
I don't water till run off as they are not very big plants yet.

My question is do i need cal mag in buffed coco especially the first few days or weeks?

I don't know if I need higher feed or its the cal mag I'm adding to buffer coco causing problems? Or maybe I need full strength cal mag but this take up a lot of my e.c I could sprat it on but in not sure if i even need it ?

Also if I run just water through some coco with 0 ec, then check the rub of e.c it's 0.2ec

Pictures of my coco below
IMG 20190624 130012
IMG 20190624 125945
IMG 20190624 125953

BloodShot

BloodShot

Taken today jun 22.

5 days into flower now.

I split the stalk on one last night on the Y trying to LSD one of them last night gutted. But I tied it back together to close the split, it was a good half inch to a inch max.
Look today and you would never tell anything happen the plant looks completely fine fair play :)

Plants have have had 1.2 ec for 2-3 days
And today bumped it up to 1.4 ec all feedings with 0.5ml a litre of of cal mag
Just like a few of your said..

I set up auto pot automatica feed yesterday and the plants are looking good , the top if the coco is damp but not as wet as it was when I was having problems, looks like bottom feeding has given the top of the coco time to dry a bit was way to wet..

I think i finally have masters coco :)
Was a bitch two begin with.

And for the record if anyone cares lol
Iv been meaning to sign up to a forum like this for a good 7 years glad I finally did, you guys saved me a lots of time that I would of wasted flushing low feeds and all sorts of stuff,
woop woop chicken soup

Some pics below

Ready today

View attachment 876933View attachment 876934View attachment 876935View attachment 876936View attachment 876937View attachment 876938
How is your pH staying with bubbling the reservoir like that?

BloodShot

BloodShot

And no I have ready and though about rinsing the coco and maybe with calmag a day before potting but I use coco in bag from grow shop I though its didn't need rinseing was already treated.

When I purchased coco it was in a brick and I had to rinse that stuff in fabric pots for a long time watching the silt come out until it was running clear then I hit it again with water, even hot water from the filtered shower wand but yours may be different.
Every plant that I have tried to start from seed or clone in coco, I have eventually had to remove because of too much water retention in cup.
I like it and mixed mine with a combo of pro-mix and worm castings.
Different strokes!
Good luck!

Ph 007

Ph 007

Bloodshot I set pH in the water butt / reservoir at 5.7 because I knew it would rise, then the next day it went to 5.8 and I reset to 5.7 , and same again next day, the e.c didnt go up yet with the pH down I had to add on both occasions..
I was hoping pH will stay at 5.8-5-9 now iv adjusted twice see now init..

I do know when my e.c is a little higher with my flowering boosts my pH sits at 6 itself and small adjuat down should stay at 5.8 I'm hoping. Time will tell lol

This is my 4 grow with coco and 1st time with auto pots with cocoa in them.

The problem I'm having above with transplant are being hand waterd their not in them pics. In get same problems every time in transplant from clone machine into coco

Last edited:
Ph 007

Ph 007

When I purchased coco it was in a brick and I had to rinse that stuff in fabric pots for a long time watching the silt come out until it was running clear then I hit it again with water, even hot water from the filtered shower wand but yours may be different.
Every plant that I have tried to start from seed or clone in coco, I have eventually had to remove because of too much water retention in cup.
I like it and mixed mine with a combo of pro-mix and worm castings.
Different strokes!
Good luck!

In started one seed in coco and that was a mission to get it healthy won in the end tho, it was slow growth for a while..

And ilo have to google with a combo of pro-mix and worm castings.

I know a little about worm castings, hagw to read about them both later,
I though worsm castings where just organic feed.

I'm sure its buffed coco don't need cal mag and I'm over feeding cal / mag and what ever else is in their or might be even over watering was my problems before i water less now and ones in auto pulled through nice to go onto auto pot

The slow growth inhet every trans plant I seem to win the battle in tge and but god i east time a good extrav1-2 weeks longer veg , even 3 be better :(

BloodShot

BloodShot

Bloodshot I set pH in the ewtwr butt at / reservoir at 5.7 because I knee it would rise, the the nest day it went to 5.8 and I reset to 5.7/ same again next day, the e.c disbty go upp yet with the pH down I had to add on both occasions..
I was hoping pH will stay at 5.8-5-9 now its jee adjusted twice see now init..

I do know when my e.c is a little higher with my flowering boosts my pH sits at 6 itself and small adjuat won't should stay at 5.8 I'm hoping. Tine will tell lol

This is my 4 grow with coco and 1st time with auto pots with cocoa in them.

The problem I'm having abivey with ttansplaby ate being hand waterd their now in them pics. In get same problems every time in transplant from clone machine into coco
Keep an eye on those autopot lines and floats. I would seriously recommend taking them apart and cleaning them every week.
I too have just made the switch to autopots and this is my first run with them and my first time with coco, pro-mix and worm castings.
I had a slime develop and clog the lines and it started in the rez. some pots were empty and some almost over night. I noticed the level in the pot you last showed was looking kinda' low, but that just may be the way yours run or the pic.
Good luck!

BloodShot

BloodShot

In started one seed in coco and that was a mission to get it healthy won in the end tho, it was slow growth for a while..

And ilo have to google with a combo of pro-mix and worm castings.

I know a little about worm castings, hagw to read about them both later,
I though worsm castings where just organic feed.

I'm sure its buffed coco don't need cal mag and I'm over feeding cal / mag and what ever else is in their or might be even over watering was my problems before i water less now and ones in auto pulled through nice to go onto auto pot

The slow growth inhet every trans plant I seem to win the battle in tge and but god i east time a good extrav1-2 weeks longer veg , even 3 be better :(
The waiting game, you'll get it nailed down eventually, at least we have more than the odd issue of high times and word of mouth these days!

Ph 007

Ph 007

Keep an eye on those autopot lines and floats. I would seriously recommend taking them apart and cleaning them every week.
I too have just made the switch to autopots and this is my first run with them and my first time with coco, pro-mix and worm castings.
I had a slime develop and clog the lines and it started in the rez. some pots were empty and some almost over night. I noticed the level in the pot you last showed was looking kinda' low, but that just may be the way yours run or the pic.
Good luck!

I just edited my last reply as sisbt make alotnod sends better now lol..

Good eye fair play tonapot it was low in that pic lol. It was low I just pulled flot up off the pot and shook the main line about banging it.on the floor that usually works..

Iv use auto pots good 7-8 years they easy very easy love them but was with soil..

I very very rarely get clogged lines well the last few years anyway.

What I learnd ice the years wit then is never let the line dry out bassicly always make sure their is water in the resivour did i spell that right lol..
And 3-4 litres ain't good enough, 5 lirewa agould be min, so when their is 5 litres in in their it's time to top up and put 10 litres in or more if you want,,
I find the more water the leaa chance of clogging it's because the weight all that water makes it harder for any clogs to appear ass tgw pressure pushes the water through the pipes , leas water don't have the pressure if u get me.
But
When If I add root stimulant or root feed this seems to gpog the lines brown grap builds up in the lines,, I stopped using root feed/stimulant last 6 years and no difference in yield, but I did stat using it again last year just before i went into coco, I use it as i was trying to get everything perfect pH feeds temps hoping for more tiele and didn't anymore yield,, but I found used using the root feed again in every feed my line where blocking, so I would use it then whwh but was low is put 10 litres of water in but bit root feed, then whwh it drunk that it put another 10 litres in but with root fees , just basicly didn't use it constantly.
Look like the root feed was feeding the baterior in the lines that grew and causes block..

Tip to unblock keep the ress water high like in said, and ifnget a blockage pill float out and open bottom valve and bang the pipes on the floor till see water flowing out,,.
Another tip is pull float off the end of the line and use a seringe to pull the block out..

And shops say change the line regular iv had same lines for 6 years lol,, when grow finished I'll take all thenlines all still together on and floats and one side of the line I'll put bleach in and takenshower head off shower and rub water rethought the lines,, or if really last just drip lines with floats in in batg connect thereafter butt up and full it with blech and water leave run for hour :) then rub just water through

BloodShot

BloodShot

I just edited my last reply as sisbt make alotnod sends better now lol..

Good eye fair play tonapot it was low in that pic lol. It was low I just pulled flot up off the pot and shook the main line about banging it.on the floor that usually works..

Iv use auto pots good 7-8 years they easy very easy love them but was with soil..

I very very rarely get clogged lines well the last few years anyway.

What I learnd ice the years wit then is never let the line dry out bassicly always make sure their is water in the resivour did i spell that right lol..
And 3-4 litres ain't good enough, 5 lirewa agould be min, so when their is 5 litres in in their it's time to top up and put 10 litres in or more if you want,,
I find the more water the leaa chance of clogging it's because the weight all that water makes it harder for any clogs to appear ass tgw pressure pushes the water through the pipes , leas water don't have the pressure if u get me.
But
When If I add root stimulant or root feed this seems to gpog the lines brown grap builds up in the lines,, I stopped using root feed/stimulant last 6 years and no difference in yield, but I did stat using it again last year just before i went into coco, I use it as i was trying to get everything perfect pH feeds temps hoping for more tiele and didn't anymore yield,, but I found used using the root feed again in every feed my line where blocking, so I would use it then whwh but was low is put 10 litres of water in but bit root feed, then whwh it drunk that it put another 10 litres in but with root fees , just basicly didn't use it constantly.
Look like the root feed was feeding the baterior in the lines that grew and causes block..

Tip to unblock keep the ress water high like in said, and ifnget a blockage pill float out and open bottom valve and bang the pipes on the floor till see water flowing out,,.
Another tip is pull float off the end of the line and use a seringe to pull the block out..

And shops say change the line regular iv had same lines for 6 years lol,, when grow finished I'll take all thenlines all still together on and floats and one side of the line I'll put bleach in and takenshower head off shower and rub water rethought the lines,, or if really last just drip lines with floats in in batg connect thereafter butt up and full it with blech and water leave run for hour :) then rub just water through
Yes, I found that hooking an air pump to the line and blowing them out seems to work well also. I'm topping mine to about 5 gallons now while I see how things go. I am pretty sure it was one of the additives I was using in the nutrient kit that was causing the slime to develop. and clog things.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Yes, I found that hooking an air pump to the line and blowing them out seems to work well also. I'm topping mine to about 5 gallons now while I see how things go. I am pretty sure it was one of the additives I was using in the nutrient kit that was causing the slime to develop. and clog things.
I shall be trying block coco next as well as cheaper a lot cheaper :)

Ph 007

Ph 007

How I'd your pg in the wattwe but ? Or you not set it up yet?

I just checked mine ahaub now the pH I set to 5.7 4 and half hours ago and it back on 5.8 again, Im gonna leave it see see it it can stay beloq 6 / 6 max

Ph 007

Ph 007

Just a update if anyone wondering what happend to 007 did he save the girls In the end, update from the plants above I had problems with.

They now 2.5 week into flower looking good, thanks you all again and some one mentiond try ph 6.2 have looked through to ee who said to try, but can't see it now, anyway the 6.2 pH has really make a massive difference they looking great now thank you who ever u are

IMG 20190701 124956
IMG 20190707 230316
IMG 20190707 230310
IMG 20190707 230306
IMG 20190707 230302
IMG 20190707 230233

I hope then 5 quick flashes of light from my camra want turn them to ladyboys 007 don't like ladyboys

Last edited:
Ph 007

Ph 007

3.2 day I to flower

I dropped the feed from 1.4 to 1.0 and cut out call-mag completely.
And pH at 6.2 .
Since doing this the plants have never looked better.
They now looks really healthy.

Im starting to think I didn't even need cal-mag from the beginning..
Iv got some in veg as well on my old Brantd nutrients, and also stop giving them cal-mag and the are looking better
since doing this. It must be this buffed coco don't need
cal-mag ?

About 3weeks 2 day into flower now
Pica below.
1.0e.c feed & 0.2 of pk boost, ph6.2 , no cal-mag..

They where heavily de-foiled 2 days ago
Fingers Crossed they don't tun ladiy boy on me from the stress, they didn't look botherd after the de-leaf

My problems was just over watering & to strong feed & pH was low at 5.8, now 6.2
And looks like cutting out cal-mag completely is so far good.

I'm happy now they look well , now I can chill and not be playing about with e.c and pH levels trying to get them looking well..
And no more passing about with cal-mag

Time will tell if I need cal mag or not,
I tried with cal-mag & noq without so far looking good..

^im going on a bit I know lol, and not worded well but hopefully helps someone else with same problems I getting into coco..

##From my working out lol

Pure brick coco needs cal-mag and a ph5.8-6.0..
And
Ready bagged buffed coco don't need cal-mag, , if the bagged coco has anything organic written on the bag, usually on the back then you want a pH of 6.2
I have this bagged coco and this works for me..

Also my bagged coco has a e.c of 0.2 , so in start cutting off on 0.4e.c of feed, with. No cal-magl-mag..
When iv tried starting them off at 0.6e.c and u get problems,, over feed,

Hope my info is gonna be use world wide its taken me ducking ages to wright all this on my mobile ;)

IMG 20190710 154637
IMG 20190710 154633
IMG 20190710 154632
IMG 20190710 154623
IMG 20190710 154616
IMG 20190710 154615

Top Bottom