Coco Hempy's!!! Who Uses Them?

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Who here uses the glorious coco hempy style? Super easy to set up. I did not create this style so I deserve no credit. I haven't seen much talk about it here so I'll start this one off.

Basic set up:
Bucket
Drill a hole on the side of the bucket 1 1/2"-2" from the bottom
Fill with perlite(or similar substitute) slightly past the hole(This is your passive rez)
Fill the rest with Coco
Use Hydro nutes(organic inputs not recommended)

Here's an example and experiment that worked for me. I'll be employing this style on my current grow after the seedlings mature from their solo cups.

This here's a 2gal Coco hempy. Perlite for the bottom rez and coco on top. Notice the drain hole. She really filled out! Forgot the flower pics but I'm sure you can imagine. Let's just say I had trouble keeping the bucket from falling over:D

Coco hempys who uses them
Coco hempys who uses them 2
Coco hempys who uses them 3

I KNOW SOME OF YOU GUYS USE COCO HEMPY'S! LET'S SEE EM!

mango420

mango420

Nice plants justice. i think alot of guys that were doing hempys years ago switched to just multi feed or drip feed because of the results. I know i tried the hempys when i first started coco many many years ago and eventually switched to multi drip feed per day and never looked back. Seems to be working nicely for you tho!

justiceman

justiceman

Nice plants justice. i think alot of guys that were doing hempys years ago switched to just multi feed or drip feed because of the results. I know i tried the hempys when i first started coco many many years ago and eventually switched to multi drip feed per day and never looked back. Seems to be working nicely for you tho!

Thanks mango! Ya I can see I am behind in the times hahaha. Took a break and haven't been on in a few years. I can see what you are saying. I just run a little 4x4 tent so it's not hard to set up, but I could totally see how setting up drip feed with just coco and no perlite would be much easier on a bigger scale.

mango420

mango420

For ease of use the hempys really cant be beat. I experimented with many coco and perlite mixes and straight coco. For my setup I found that the more perlite I could put in the mix the faster my plants would grow. I currently use about 80% perlite the rest coco. I sure do miss how nice of roots you get in straight coco tho!

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

For ease of use the hempys really cant be beat. I experimented with many coco and perlite mixes and straight coco. For my setup I found that the more perlite I could put in the mix the faster my plants would grow. I currently use about 80% perlite the rest coco. I sure do miss how nice of roots you get in straight coco tho!
For this reason I gave up on coco and perlite mixes..
All the best

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

I used them and still use them.
Perilite to the hole
Pure coco the rest.
A multi feed drip is outta the question for me as I'm a small space K.I.S.S. Grower.
I water once every 3-4 days
These things can't be beat for ease of use and outrageous growth!!!
Peace

justiceman

justiceman

Right on @Tejashidrow. It's all about keeping it simple! I just transplanted a DeadHead OG into a coco hempy a few hours ago. Love em.

Latest posts

Top Bottom