Coco Nute ???

• Thread starter Married2Mary
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

boroboro

gisisi said:
No one here uses h3ad formula? It is a coco-ized lucas formula.
Target is 100-60-100 NPK, and can be achieved using
6mL micro per gallon
9mL bloom per gallon

Like PK boosters? Bump the bloom to 12mL per gallon during that time.
I have/am. Been good for the most part but I have had lockout/deficiencies. Probably my fault b/c I didn't flush. I'm going to give it another go but flush every 7th day and possibly use drip clean to wash out build-ups. Loooooove coco though.

Side note: Casey Jones had zero issues, Chemdog #4 slight, & Master Kush more, so this is strain-dependent. Also, I had 372 ppm tap when I began, then moved to distilled + CalMag. Too may variables, ergo, I will give it another shot.

My first indoor coco grow with the H3ad nute formula had something that looked like cal-mag deficiency, but never was fixed by monkeying with cal-mag additives or PH, although the product turned out fine.

In my second grow I again used the H3ad formula, but was very careful to thoroughly rinse and pre-treat the coco, pre-treating with plenty of nutes and cal-mag. Big difference! 8 weeks into flower now with zero nute imbalance problems.

coco+croutons, H3ad nute ratios, good well water, run-to-waste in Smart Pots

J

jamiewan

nutes

canna A and B ,pretty much any bloom booster i pick nearly the cheapest and any old pk 13/14 does the job for me.

M

mrhappy

i notice no one mentions canazym? Is it necessary? I just finished my first coc grow (from rdwc) and used cana throughout. got pretty good yields but think i need more organics for flavor and aroma and crystals. I think i overwatered as i watered to runoff every day (much different tham rdwc). i did not get dank crystalization and got mediaocre aroma and flavor. I use canna a and b and rhizotonic and boost with pk13/14. I also use SM90 at 2-3ml per gallon in the res to keep pests away, as i just finished fighting spidermites.(floramite) and also silicablast to strengthen the stems. could anyone recomend anything else. I am looking to get top shelf nuggs and only grow a few big (18gal rootmass) plants at a time. help me danken it up a bit. new strains are humboldt express and matinushka tundra. thanks

C

CanadianClassic

im using Cana A&B ,Rhizotonic,Cannazymn,PK13/14,CannaBoost(only as a foilar,and yes im spraying the buds with it and it works awesome!) and also using KoolBloom and haven't noticed any problems besides as stated above a lil calcium magnesium def's...all in all the products are idiot proof to use and work great some are a bit pricey but you don't need full strength all the time

J

jarrah

Hi There,:hi

Just reading through some of these forums and was hoping you could help me out. I am growing with cocca coir and Bio-canna nutes and not having as much luck as i would like. So after more research ive discovered that maybes these particular BIO nutes are not meant for cocco coir, is this true? If so is it to late for me to change nutes now? Im on day 2 of veg. Id be really disappointed if i had to change to something that wasn't organic but don't want to loose the plants. Would really appreciate some help, thanks so much.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
not sure about bio not being good in coco...

you checking ph and tds of your runoff? - are you dtw in coco? if so you should be watering so that you get at least 20% runoff.

if your gonna make a switch, pure vida by technaflora is organic and one of the best 2 part nutes I have used.

G

greenblood

what is the point of checking the pH and TDS of the runoff? Coco isn't rockwool, it's not inert.

I suppose if one were running a recirculating grow, the EC of the runoff would match up with the EC of the coco and that measurement could be useful, but other than that, what are the benefits and in a drain to waste grow, are there any? Check your water quality and EC before you water, not afterwards.

If you want to know the pH or EC of the coco, than measure the coco, not the runoff that includes nutrient water you just poured through the plant.

G

greenblood

Hi There,:hi

Just reading through some of these forums and was hoping you could help me out. I am growing with cocca coir and Bio-canna nutes and not having as much luck as i would like. So after more research ive discovered that maybes these particular BIO nutes are not meant for cocco coir, is this true? If so is it to late for me to change nutes now? Im on day 2 of veg. Id be really disappointed if i had to change to something that wasn't organic but don't want to loose the plants. Would really appreciate some help, thanks so much.

What problem(s) are you having? More specificity would help. I wonder if the Bio-Canna nutes have enough calcium in them for a coco grow.

J

jarrah

What problem(s) are you having? More specificity would help. I wonder if the Bio-Canna nutes have enough calcium in them for a coco grow.
hi greenblood,

problems are slow growth big time and also yellowing of leaves and some total leaf destruction like a nute burn but would almost be impossible....after 9 hours researching yesterday i have found that they are probably nitrogen defficient and possibly iron defficient so i have bought canna coco ab and also rhyzotonic....you think i should just switch nutes?.....also my water is ph at 8 before nutes so i have bought some ph down to adjust water before i add nutes.....any thoughts anyone?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
the point of checking runoff is to make sure his ph is within range and to make sure his ppm isnt off the charts...

if hes starting out with ph8, well thats more then likely the problem right there,

it doesnt matter what your medium is, a ppm meter is an essential tool! I bought my first ppm meter (myron scientific) back in the day when i grew in dirt.

id like to point out that pure unamended coco is in fact inert - just like rockwool.

C

Cloud 99

hi greenblood,

problems are slow growth big time and also yellowing of leaves and some total leaf destruction like a nute burn but would almost be impossible....after 9 hours researching yesterday i have found that they are probably nitrogen defficient and possibly iron defficient so i have bought canna coco ab and also rhyzotonic....you think i should just switch nutes?.....also my water is ph at 8 before nutes so i have bought some ph down to adjust water before i add nutes.....any thoughts anyone?

why adjust your water first?i always add nutes and then check ph.depending how strong the nutes you use are they should lower the ph on they own.then if it goes to low raise it up.see what im saying if you lower the ph and then add nutes ph will probly be to low.as stated u gonna wAnna get some kind of ph tester to b sure

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
why adjust your water first?i always add nutes and then check ph.depending how strong the nutes you use are they should lower the ph on they own.then if it goes to low raise it up.see what im saying if you lower the ph and then add nutes ph will probly be to low.as stated u gonna wAnna get some kind of ph tester to b sure

that really depends on what nute line your running - for example GH wants you to adjust ph first and HG wants you to add part a and b then adjust nutes and then add the rest of the additives.

M

Muggle

I have used the BCare Coco line mixed with FFarm (OS, BB, Ching); depends on what Ihave, and what I want to achieve. 1g/w, sure. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom