Coco Path: 600w Hempy 4x4

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

So before work on only 1 of the chocolate hashberry's I noticed just a couple of the fan leaves at the top looking like this.

It's not true color since this is through HPS glasses but pretty close.
IMG 8995
IMG 8996

I don't think it's a calcium lockout but I'm not certain yet. If you look closely the leaf tissue itself isn't damaged. Only the color has changed.

It could either be more fall finishing colors coming in or the start of a lockout situation from excess nutrient. I'm leaning towards excess to be safe. My plan already was to cut the base down to 50% by week 6 so that's not too far off. I gave her some extra feed water to help wash away some potential accumulation. I'll continue to monitor her and act accordingly. :ninja:
IMG 8997

incogneato

incogneato

So before work on only 1 of the chocolate hashberry's I noticed just a couple of the fan leaves at the top looking like this.

It's not true color since this is through HPS glasses but pretty close.
View attachment 677833 View attachment 677835

I don't think it's a calcium lockout but I'm not certain yet. If you look closely the leaf tissue itself isn't damaged. Only the color has changed.

It could either be more fall finishing colors coming in or the start of a lockout situation from excess nutrient. I'm leaning towards excess to be safe. My plan already was to cut the base down to 50% by week 6 so that's not too far off. I gave her some extra feed water to help wash away some potential accumulation. I'll continue to monitor her and act accordingly. :ninja:
View attachment 677838
I have one or two on my cannalope haze. I was thinking lockout as I also have yellowing

justiceman

justiceman

I have one or two on my cannalope haze. I was thinking lockout as I also have yellowing
Yup I'm pretty sure that's what it is. It's interesting because it's only one cola area on one Chocolate Hashberry. Either way when in doubt lower the feed for safety! I knew I was pushing them hard at 1.6EC. It's good to see how strong I can bring this stuff up to. Maxed out at 4.5g of base and 1.5g of shine per gal.

HR themselves stated 1.2-1.3EC is a full dose of base. Shine at 1g per gal is about .2EC. So full flower dose would be about 1.4-1.5EC. I'll probably lower it down to 1.4EC tonight and then cut the base to 50% at week 6.

incogneato

incogneato

Yup I'm pretty sure that's what it is. It's interesting because it's only one cola area on one Chocolate Hashberry. Either way when in doubt lower the feed for safety! I knew I was pushing them hard at 1.6EC. It's good to see how strong I can bring this stuff up to. Maxed out at 4.5g of base and 1.5g of shine per gal.

HR themselves stated 1.2-1.3EC is a full dose of base. Shine at 1g per gal is about .2EC. So full flower dose would be about 1.4-1.5EC. I'll probably lower it down to 1.4EC tonight and then cut the base to 50% at week 6.
What's that in ppm? I'm down around 800 for most of them and 600ish for the strawb

justiceman

justiceman

What's that in ppm? I'm down around 800 for most of them and 600ish for the strawb
1.4EC is 700ppm. I was at 1.6EC(800ppm). If your tds meter is based on the .5 conversion factor then every .1EC is equal to 50ppm.

Examples:
.2EC = 100ppm
.5EC = 250ppm
.9EC = 450ppm
2.0EC=1000ppm:shockedninja:

So you're also at 1.6EC(800ppm) and your strawb is at 1.2EC(600ppm)

I like using EC because it's more universal. Some people have tds meters with a .7 conversion factor. That is to say every .1EC for their meter is 70ppm.

800ppm to a .5 factor pen is
1120ppm to a .7 factor pen lmao. Yet they are both actually the same strength which is 1.6EC

Last edited:
incogneato

incogneato

1.4EC is 700ppm. I was at 1.6EC(800ppm). If your tds meter is based on the .5 conversion factor then every .1EC is equal to 50ppm.

Examples:
.2EC = 100ppm
.5EC = 250ppm
.9EC = 450ppm
2.0EC=1000ppm:shockedninja:

So you're also at 1.6EC(800ppm) and your strawb is at 1.2EC(600ppm)

I like using EC because it's more universal. Some people have tds meters with a .7 conversion factor. That is to say every .1EC for their meter is 70ppm.

800ppm to a .5 factor pen is
1120ppm to a .7 factor pen lmao. Yet they are both actually the same strength which is 1.6EC
Good to know. I do see people using ec more. My pH bulb broke yesterday so I had to use the drops:( Gottavorder a new one tonight

justiceman

justiceman

Took my 2 extra DeadHead OGs out for a photo shoot. Hahaha man I love how they are just killing it in a solo cup. The party never stops. Don't need much coco if your watering practices are on point and your genetics are solid.

These ladies are getting 1.1EC(550pm) of V+B HD 2x a day pH 5.7-6.0. Don't forget my starting water before adding the base is .2EC(100ppm) so really it's only .9EC(450ppm) worth of base nutrient.

Hope everyone's having a good day!

IMG 9016

IMG 9010

Last edited:
incogneato

incogneato

Took my 2 extra DeadHead OGs out for a photo shoot. Hahaha man I love how they are just killing it in a solo cup. The party never stops. Don't need much coco if your watering practices are on point and your genetics are solid.

These ladies are getting 1.1EC(550pm) of V+B HD 2x a day pH 5.7-6.0. Don't forget my starting water before adding the base is .2EC(100ppm) so really it's only .9EC(450ppm) worth of base nutrient.

Hope everyone's having a good day!

View attachment 678155
View attachment 678156
They're almost as big as the girls I have in 1 gal pots lol

justiceman

justiceman

Nursery Update!

The DeadHead and Pure Afghan mom are doing well. I've said this before but the Pure Afghan is SLOW AS HELL. Look at the difference :opps: both transplanted at the same time. She's always been this way. Very resilient though. She's a trooper.
IMG 9088

Here is my TD auto, the extra DeadHeads in solos and my entry for the solo cup challenge LSD-25 auto.
IMG 9089

incogneato

incogneato

Nursery Update!

The DeadHead and Pure Afghan mom are doing well. I've said this before but the Pure Afghan is SLOW AS HELL. Look at the difference :opps: both transplanted at the same time. She's always been this way. Very resilient though. She's a trooper.
View attachment 679210

Here is my TD auto, the extra DeadHeads in solos and my entry for the solo cup challenge LSD-25 auto.
View attachment 679211
Nice, went with a proven solo queen haha

justiceman

justiceman

I need a little advice for the solo grow brotha. With me using nectar for the gods would you reccomend straight coco, coco/perlite, or my coco/sphagnum/perlite mix?
hmmmmmmm well I don't know how well nectar works in pure coco so I would say go with your tried and true coco/spagnum/perlite mix. It has EWC and some other organics mixed in right?

On the flipside If you don't give a crap about results this could be an opportunity to test how well coco works with nectar. PERLITE SHMERLITE. 100% COCO OR BUST. hahahaha. But ya I'd definitely go with your normal mix. It'd be cool to see what your normal mix can get you from a solo right?

justiceman

justiceman

Week 6 flower!

Alright this is the home stretch for these girls! Both the DeadHead OG and Chocolate hashberry are supposed to finish at week 9 according to the breeder. I know things don't always go as smoothly so I'll let them go a bit longer if needed. Got a jewelers loupe coming in pretty soon so that should be a good tool to have. I always did it by eye before, but this will be far better.

I pushed them to the max at 1.6EC(800ppm) at one point. I won't be going that high next time. I'll probably stop at about 1.4EC(700), but things are looking pretty good. I cut Veg+Bloom HD base to 50% and I left Shine in at 1.5g per gal(I might up it to 2g tomorrow we'll see). They will get this mix for week 6 until the start of week 7. Then I will drop the base entirely and use 1g of Shine per gal until the last few days of which I will use plain ph'd water(THE ONLY TIME YOU USE PLAIN PH'D WATER IN COCO!)

Here are some shots of the flowers

Family shot!
IMG 9101

IMG 9104

DeadHeadOG
IMG 9107

IMG 9108

IMG 9111

ChocolateHashberry
IMG 9105
IMG 9106
IMG 9110
IMG 9113
IMG 9112

justiceman

justiceman

After watering I came upon a VERY UNFORTUNATE discovery:cry:

I found a banana on the DeadHead OG. Sometimes the pollen released can be either fertile or sterile. I'm really hoping for the latter because harvesting this early would suck a lot.

Guess the DeadHead OG mama isn't gonna stick around since she's not very stable. I'm gonna let them ride out and hope for the best.
IMG 9131

I plucked it off with tweezers.
IMG 9132

justiceman

justiceman

I just googled "DeadHead OG hermie". Seems like its not uncommon from Cali Connections. I will be steering clear from their beans now hahaha.

Sorry DeadHead OG mama and daughters in the nursery....you are gonna get AXED!

Been reading up since this is my first hermie experience. I hear small water sprays on any bananas renders the pollen useless and then you can pick em off if you don't see too many. I looked over her thoroughly and found only that one I pictured so hopefully she doesn't try making a gender swap on me.:drunk2:

Irietime

Irietime

Week 6 flower!

Alright this is the home stretch for these girls! Both the DeadHead OG and Chocolate hashberry are supposed to finish at week 9 according to the breeder. I know things don't always go as smoothly so I'll let them go a bit longer if needed. Got a jewelers loupe coming in pretty soon so that should be a good tool to have. I always did it by eye before, but this will be far better.

I pushed them to the max at 1.6EC(800ppm) at one point. I won't be going that high next time. I'll probably stop at about 1.4EC(700), but things are looking pretty good. I cut Veg+Bloom HD base to 50% and I left Shine in at 1.5g per gal(I might up it to 2g tomorrow we'll see). They will get this mix for week 6 until the start of week 7. Then I will drop the base entirely and use 1g of Shine per gal until the last few days of which I will use plain ph'd water(THE ONLY TIME YOU USE PLAIN PH'D WATER IN COCO!)

Here are some shots of the flowers

Family shot!
View attachment 679718
View attachment 679719

DeadHeadOG
View attachment 679722
View attachment 679723
View attachment 679725

ChocolateHashberry
View attachment 679720 View attachment 679721 View attachment 679724 View attachment 679727 View attachment 679726
These look awesome. Straight dank!

incogneato

incogneato

hmmmmmmm well I don't know how well nectar works in pure coco so I would say go with your tried and true coco/spagnum/perlite mix. It has EWC and some other organics mixed in right?

On the flipside If you don't give a crap about results this could be an opportunity to test how well coco works with nectar. PERLITE SHMERLITE. 100% COCO OR BUST. hahahaha. But ya I'd definitely go with your normal mix. It'd be cool to see what your normal mix can get you from a solo right?
I guess I should have asked sooner lol. Went with coco and around 30% perlite shmerlite. :opps:
I just googled "DeadHead OG hermie". Seems like its not uncommon from Cali Connections. I will be steering clear from their beans now hahaha.

Sorry DeadHead OG mama and daughters in the nursery....you are gonna get AXED!

Been reading up since this is my first hermie experience. I hear small water sprays on any bananas renders the pollen useless and then you can pick em off if you don't see too many. I looked over her thoroughly and found only that one I pictured so hopefully she doesn't try making a gender swap on me.:drunk2:
Damn, she Kaitlin Gendered ya? At least it was just one nanner. I'll b honest, that's been my biggest worry to date. I only have time to pull them all out once a week but I do a general look over every night. I hope my untrained eye would see one, there's a lot going on for a first timer in there lol. Plus with my pH pen fiasco which probably lasted at least 2-2 1/2 weeks...sorry to make it about me bro lol. Glad you caught it!

justiceman

justiceman

I guess I should have asked sooner lol. Went with coco and around 30% perlite shmerlite. :opps:

Damn, she Kaitlin Gendered ya? At least it was just one nanner. I'll b honest, that's been my biggest worry to date. I only have time to pull them all out once a week but I do a general look over every night. I hope my untrained eye would see one, there's a lot going on for a first timer in there lol. Plus with my pH pen fiasco which probably lasted at least 2-2 1/2 weeks...sorry to make it about me bro lol. Glad you caught it!
hahahaha perlite works great in coco. I just always say shmerlite because I'm too lazy to mix it in. It should work very well though.

Ya man it's hilarious how many accounts of DeadHead OG going hermie there are so after reading all of them I guess I'm not surprised. Seems Cali Connections had some hermie issues in the 09'-10' seeds from what I understand. That's probably about when I got them too. I gathered all that from forum chatter so take it for what it is. You'll be able to see the nanners because they are bright yellow/green. They stick out like sore thumbs.

No worries man that pH pen shit is never good! Glad you went with a quality bluelab. My Bluelab combo meter has never steered me wrong. I think you'll be ok since you have solid stable genes. I on the other hand apparently do not lmao but I will be vigilant!

Top Bottom