Coco Path: 600w Hempy 4x4

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

WEEK 4 FLOWER UPDATE

The flowers are stacking brethren. Currently at 1.6EC(800ppm) and that will truly be the max for this round. The smellls are increasing and so is the resin production. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Got a decent amount of pictures for you.

The Chocolate Hashberry's are pretty intense on the nose. Mostly a hashy berry smell right now.

The DeadHead OG is supporting a reapectable amount of bud sites for one plant. Aromas are there as well but mostly taken over by the CH's at this point. Interestingly her 4 perimeter branch colas are stacking more than the inside of her that was opened up.
View attachment 674632 View attachment 674634

Chocolate Hashberry
View attachment 674635 View attachment 674636 View attachment 674637 View attachment 674638

DeadHead OG
View attachment 674640 View attachment 674642 View attachment 674643

The fam again
View attachment 674644

CH through HPS glasses
View attachment 674646

DH through HPS glasses
View attachment 674647
i asked you the other day if you used azamax because your leaves had such a shine... I actually figured it out, when i lowered my ec to 1.2 and they lighten up and got a sheen... It was my first real lesson on lowering the ec... even when they were growing great and looked good,, but 100 ppm less gives them a real nice sheen and color... lesson learned...

justiceman

justiceman

i asked you the other day if you used azamax because your leaves had such a shine... I actually figured it out, when i lowered my ec to 1.2 and they lighten up and got a sheen... It was my first real lesson on lowering the ec... even when they were growing great and looked good,, but 100 ppm less gives them a real nice sheen and color... lesson learned...
Oh shit I blew past that question on accident. Ya you figured it out! Less is more. I don't foliar spray at all.

justiceman

justiceman

Nursery Update!

Ok guys I'm gearing up for the solo challenge and decided to clear some space for the soon to be LSD-25 and the increased growth of the Think Different. I saved my DeadHead OG for now. Have not decided which one of the 3 cuts I'll save. Pure Afghan is being saved for now too. Looks lonely in here.
IMG 8787

I'm planning to keep either this DHOG
IMG 8769

Or the Top on the left. Original I thought top but the above cut looks pretty nice now. Either way it doesn't matter. That Pure Afghan lol AS SLOW AS EVER. Classic.
IMG 8772

Now for some Root Shots! Hell ya! These are The deep purples and pure afghan that I culled to relieve space.

This is the Pure Afghan. She's spent almost 15 weeks in a solo. RIP your cut lives on girl. I had to pull really hard to get her out of the solo. It was hilarious.
IMG 8788

IMG 8789

IMG 8790

Next up are the Deep Purples. Was never impressed with their lack of vigor so I just messed with them this whole time.

This one filled out well.
IMG 8791

IMG 8792

This one interestingly ran into some issues. This was also the deep purple I always complained about being finicky. Maybe me pulling her out of the solo cup on a regular basis to check her roots finally caught up with her. Last time I kinda smashed her back in the solo pretty hard because she was leaving an air space that I know would help dry it faster which I did not want lmao. She also seemed to drink more than the others so it's possible that she got too dry a few times. It is just a solo after all. Maybe she wanted 3x instead of 2x a day. That pure Afghan on the flipside was never a heavy drinker so she never got dry fortunately.
IMG 8793

IMG 8794

Last DP! This was an awesome and very fun experiment.
IMG 8795

IMG 8796

Last edited:
incogneato

incogneato

Nursery Update!

Ok guys I'm gearing up for the solo challenge and decided to clear some space for the soon to be LSD-25 and the increased growth of the Think Different. I saved my DeadHead OG for now. Have not decided which one of the 3 cuts I'll save. Pure Afghan is being saved for now too. Looks lonely in here.
View attachment 676054

I'm planning to keep either this DHOG
View attachment 676056

Or the Top on the left. Original I thought top but the above cut looks pretty nice now. Either way it doesn't matter. That Pure Afghan lol AS SLOW AS EVER. Classic. View attachment 676055

Now for some Root Shots! Hell ya! These are The deep purples and pure afghan that I culled to relieve space.

This is the Pure Afghan. She's spent almost 15 weeks in a solo. RIP your cut lives on girl. I had to pull really hard to get her out of the solo. It was hilarious.
View attachment 676059
View attachment 676060
View attachment 676061

Next up are the Deep Purples. Was never impressed with their lack of vigor so I just messed with them this whole time.

This one filled out well.
View attachment 676062
View attachment 676063

This one interestingly ran into some issues. This was also the deep purple I always complained about being finicky. Maybe me pulling her out of the solo cup on a regular basis to check her roots finally caught up with her. Last time I kinda smashed her back in the solo pretty hard because she was leaving an air space that I know would help dry it faster which I did not want lmao. She also seemed to drink more than the others so it's possible that she got too dry a few times. It is just a solo after all. Maybe she wanted 3x instead of 2x a day. That pure Afghan on the flipside was never a heavy drinker so she never got dry fortunately.
View attachment 676064
View attachment 676065

Last DP! This was an awesome and very fun experiment.
View attachment 676066
View attachment 676067
Wow! Just toss in boiling water and add the season packet! lol You haven't flowered any of those have you?

justiceman

justiceman

Wow! Just toss in boiling water and add the season packet! lol You haven't flowered any of those have you?
Hahaha my seasoning of choice is veb+bloom:cool: it's fairly salty. I have not flowered them. Kept a Pure Afghan cut around since it's a land race, but I tossed the Deep Purples. Never saw any veg characteristics I liked and I have a decent amount of seeds to try so no worries.

The only ultra rootbound girl I've flowered so far is that DeadHead OG. The root vigor on the pheno I have is true glory. I want to look at her roots in the hempy so bad man. Here's the progression.

From solo to #1 to coco hempy bucket!

Solo
IMG 7654

IMG 7813

2ish gal coco hempy. Even for a hempy she drinks a lot.
IMG 8597

incogneato

incogneato

Hahaha my seasoning of choice is veb+bloom:cool: it's fairly salty. I have not flowered them. Kept a Pure Afghan cut around since it's a land race, but I tossed the Deep Purples. Never saw any veg characteristics I liked and I have a decent amount of seeds to try so no worries.

The only ultra rootbound girl I've flowered so far is that DeadHead OG. The root vigor on the pheno I have is true glory. I want to look at her roots in the hempy so bad man. Here's the progression.

From solo to #1 to coco hempy bucket!

Solo
View attachment 676320

View attachment 676321

2ish gal coco hempy. Even for a hempy she drinks a lot.
View attachment 676322
Its funny Looking at your grow. We have the same saucers, pots and risers. Then I see your super healthy plants and I can tell it's not my grow :cry:

justiceman

justiceman

Its funny Looking at your grow. We have the same saucers, pots and risers. Then I see your super healthy plants and I can tell it's not my grow :cry:
Bro I got the riser Idea from you! Never liked my plants sitting in runoff not allowing all the oxygen to be pulled in. Your plants are still doing really well. It's just faster for me to regulate things hydroponically. It takes more thought and planning ahead to do natural grows like you. For that I commend you. You'll dial it in soon enough! That finicky girl jack h x strawberry cough right? I love how stacked she's getting.

----------------------------------------

Nursery Update!

Alright I have MORE root shots because I finally gave 2 keepers the right to expand. Serving up some fresh Ramen Roots ready whenever ordered!:party1: Gee what do you expect at this point hahaha.

First up is the Pure Afghan Mamma. She really wanted to get out.
IMG 8843

IMG 8844

Next up is the DeadHead OG Mamma
IMG 8845

And here is a Fam shot of them in their new #1 pots:love2:
IMG 8841

incogneato

incogneato

Bro I got the riser Idea from you! Never liked my plants sitting in runoff not allowing all the oxygen to be pulled in. Your plants are still doing really well. It's just faster for me to regulate things hydroponically. It takes more thought and planning ahead to do natural grows like you. For that I commend you. You'll dial it in soon enough! That finicky girl jack h x strawberry cough right? I love how stacked she's getting.

----------------------------------------

Nursery Update!

Alright I have MORE root shots because I finally gave 2 keepers the right to expand. Serving up some fresh Ramen Roots ready whenever ordered!:party1: Gee what do you expect at this point hahaha.

First up is the Pure Afghan Mamma. She really wanted to get out.
View attachment 676391
View attachment 676392

Next up is the DeadHead OG Mamma
View attachment 676395

And here is a Fam shot of them in their new #1 pots:love2:
View attachment 676396
Literally trying to grow legs and walk away haha! I'm in coco so technically I'm hydro too. I'm still using bottled nutes, they're just organic. I did start some clones in organic soil so I can see what a soil grow feels like though. I will say I'm pretty happy with my first run so far. I didn't know what to expect but I'm giving it my best shot and I'm lucky to have a bunch of good guys on here helping me out. I appreciate your help bro. The finicky gal is Spliffs Strawberry. Its strawberry cough x Jack Herer x Skunk. If I'm being completely honest I don't think she's that finicky, I think I'm just a new grower and need to get a little better at growing. I'm really liking the way she is shaping up. I'll have to put up a pic of the clone to show you how many preflowers she throws in veg. I thought she was an auto at first haha

justiceman

justiceman

Literally trying to grow legs and walk away haha! I'm in coco so technically I'm hydro too. I'm still using bottled nutes, they're just organic. I did start some clones in organic soil so I can see what a soil grow feels like though. I will say I'm pretty happy with my first run so far. I didn't know what to expect but I'm giving it my best shot and I'm lucky to have a bunch of good guys on here helping me out. I appreciate your help bro. The finicky gal is Spliffs Strawberry. Its strawberry cough x Jack Herer x Skunk. If I'm being completely honest I don't think she's that finicky, I think I'm just a new grower and need to get a little better at growing. I'm really liking the way she is shaping up. I'll have to put up a pic of the clone to show you how many preflowers she throws in veg. I thought she was an auto at first haha
ooooh for some reason I thought you were in some kind of coco mix that had a bunch of other stuff in it not just straight coco. In other words a soilless mix with it's own microbiology and such. Damn it how did not know this hahahaha

Look forward to seeing that clone! I want to see you dial that girl in she looks so badass.

incogneato

incogneato

ooooh for some reason I thought you were in some kind of coco mix that had a bunch of other stuff in it not just straight coco. In other words a soilless mix with it's own microbiology and such. Damn it how did not know this hahahaha

Look forward to seeing that clone! I want to see you dial that girl in she looks so badass.
You're right, I am in a soilless mix. Its coco, sphagnum, and ewc. So that wouldn't be considered hydro then?

justiceman

justiceman

You're right, I am in a soilless mix. Its coco, sphagnum, and ewc. So that wouldn't be considered hydro then?
Ah I see where the misunderstanding came in hahaha. No worries brotha. I don't consider you to be in hydro with a soilless mix. Hydroponics is using an inert medium that has absolutely no nutritional value to it. The medium is just their to hold the roots. You supply all the nutrition and pH control yourself. Examples of inert hydroponic mediums that can be used by themselves or together would be Coco, Hydroton, Rockwool, Perlite, and Water.

Essentially soilless mixes are attempts at making soil without using topsoil and other conventional compost. Usually they are aerated with perlite. They are kind of a jack of all trades and very popular in hydro stores as you can go organic or use hydroponic nutrients with success. While coco is a component of your medium the addition of sphagnum peat moss, and ewc, and probably some other things make it way different from pure coco in terms of how you treat it.

For instance I would never use NFTG in pure coco. It just would not work well for me. pH would be all over the place because coco has very little pH buffering ability compared to soil and soilless mixes and that pH buffering is absolutely required for organics to work. Pure 100% coco works best with clean hydroponic nutrients period. However in your mix NFTG works just fine and rightly so.

incogneato

incogneato

Ah I see where the misunderstanding came in hahaha. No worries brotha. I don't consider you to be in hydro with a soilless mix. Hydroponics is using an inert medium that has absolutely no nutritional value to it. The medium is just their to hold the roots. You supply all the nutrition and pH control yourself. Examples of inert hydroponic mediums that can be used by themselves or together would be Coco, Hydroton, Rockwool, Perlite, and Water.

Essentially soilless mixes are attempts at making soil without using topsoil and other conventional compost. Usually they are aerated with perlite. They are kind of a jack of all trades and very popular in hydro stores as you can go organic or use hydroponic nutrients with success. While coco is a component of your medium the addition of sphagnum peat moss, and ewc, and probably some other things make it way different from pure coco in terms of how you treat it.

For instance I would never use NFTG in pure coco. It just would not work well for me. pH would be all over the place because coco has very little pH buffering ability compared to soil and soilless mixes and that pH buffering is absolutely required for organics to work. Pure 100% coco works best with clean hydroponic nutrients period. However in your mix NFTG works just fine and rightly so.
That makes sense, thanks for breaking it down.

justiceman

justiceman

That makes sense, thanks for breaking it down.

No prob brotha! We're all in this together.

------------------------------------------

Alright tomorrow is week 5 but I wanted to throw down a trichome shot of the Chocolate Hashberry and DeadHead OG. The CH is so stinky now. It's almost too intense! Just getting this intoxicating acrid berry smell. Completely drowns out the lemony deadhead OG hahaha.

Chocolate Hashberry
IMG 8863

DeadHead OG
IMG 8868

incogneato

incogneato

No prob brotha! We're all in this together.

------------------------------------------

Alright tomorrow is week 5 but I wanted to throw down a trichome shot of the Chocolate Hashberry and DeadHead OG. The CH is so stinky now. It's almost too intense! Just getting this intoxicating acrid berry smell. Completely drowns out the lemony deadhead OG hahaha.

Chocolate Hashberry
View attachment 676751

DeadHead OG
View attachment 676752
They're both looking amazing! We getting update shots tomorrow?

incogneato

incogneato

Thanks man! You betcha. I gotta keep you guys posted and I like to take pictures when a new week of flower begins. That way I can also build my chronology thread up. It's missing runs that I was too lazy to take weekly shots of.:cry:
That's a good thread, gonna go through it when I get more time. I'm trying to take weekly pics of flower so I can go back if i need to for my second run.

Top Bottom