Colorado Clone Distributors SUCK !

• Thread starter SoCoMMJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DoobyScoo

Serenade (personally used it) works great as a bacterial foilar.
Many W.C. hippies recommend Greencure.

@Seamaiden
As far as spores and mutations, ect...

I can tell you never ever grew Gourmet or Medicinal mushrooms (unless you got the syringe already packed in a sterile envelope, PF Tek style). Sterile technique is not just a science but also an art given your constraints.
When things are given the proper conditions to grow fruitfully,they will if present in a greater abundance than their competitors....Oh how is this an analogy for life.

You are not growing PM superstrains! You are treating the infected plants, but the petri dish is now open and the colony is getting reintroduced.
Same reason Lazyman on Spicymag sprays down his shit so late into flower. He has too much/many spaces/crevices where spores hide and then reintroduce themselves later on.
Conditions are a huge factor. I never had problems until I started running a sealed room, with higher humidity. Heat definately contributes too.
Pathogens always have a path of travel. Once you can map it, you can combat it.

summitoker

summitoker

I miss the clonedoc

foliar sprays of AACT thru veg and into week 2 as preventative for pm.

dlovejah

dlovejah

eagle20 for the plants and sulphur burner treatments for lingering spores = the motherfuckin win!

I grew for about 6 years in Colorado without a hint of PM.. Then 2 years ago June I was hit with PM for the first time.. I toyed with it for a while with GreenCure,Serenade and every other Organic method and then 4 months later Id see some spores on a plant .. It was very easy to keep it gone in winter and then first rains of spring there it was. It didnt matter whether you were completely dialed in because I was.. I even lowered my humidity to 38 percent which really is not that healthy a way to grow Cannabis. The Answer is a Sulfur Burner and Fungaflor.. Thatll kill it dead.. I couldnt agree more with True Grit.. :)Hes a very knowledgeable grower and has an effective way of passing on his knowledge in language.. Being a perpetual grower I had to remove my plants from the flower room and Sulfur Burn and use Fungaflor to kill every single spore in the room.. You can clean till the cows come home but if you want to KILL it there are three things IMO... Sulfur first, Fungaflor, then Eagle20 and a transplant for the Moms you want to keep..

GhostFace

GhostFace

i just dont get how one gets mold here in colorado with the very low humidity_?
the only way i see it is if you dont have proper ventilation. 20 years strong from the eastcoast to the rockies with not one hint of pest,bugs,mold_ i guess im doing something right..imagine that :rasta:

true grit

true grit

Dlovejah- Yeah bro, im tellin ya- those Fungaflor bombs saved me from so many headaches and they will be a tool I will keep around just in case forever. You know i was rocking perpetual and theres just no stopping it until you do the full force of action. And when done like you said in proper steps, you can eliminate safely and move on happily...or at least less stressfully. lol.

Ghostface- Because folks think that high RH is what causes PM, and thats not always the case. Being out of ideal VPD and weakening a plant leaves it open to all sorts of systemic issues. When the humidity is low, plants can succumb to stress more easily and get PM. If you look around on most the grass out here in CO- pm is everywhere.

Then once it is in a room- low humidity just opens the door for spores to spread more easily- add airflow and you have dry spores flying everywhere in your room. Remember- once you see spores- its already everywhere.

I saw a rash of folks trying to drop RH even more last year and getting PM even worse, had them bring up RH and do a few things and they were able to at least get their Pm in check until using the big guns.

GhostFace

GhostFace

you are correct..to high or two low RH will cause mold to form or spread. being at a perfect RH and great airflow is what keeps everything in check_or atleast it has for me :rasta:

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I am not sure how this thread went from clone distributors to Pm prevention. I would like to make a few points on both topics however.

1) It really doesn't matter how "Clean" your room is, it is 100% impossible to eliminate all pm spores from the grow. The shit is everywhere.

2) serenade is bullshit because it is a contact spray and pm gets in the plant

3) Eagle 20 + sulpher burn while plants are in veg, iF you got Pm in flower you can poision your patients with some type of spray or kill the room. That is about it.

4) The key to keeping your grow pm free is enviromental controll. If your humidity is correct PM cannot infect plants. Also with the sulpher burner the ph on the leaf surface will also keep pm from growing. Remember that simply because your RH meter says that humidity is in check does not mean that the humidity has not built up inbetween leaves which will allow pm to form . you need a ton of ocilating fans to keep the air moving and the humidity low

5) I have not seen a single clone at any dispensary that I would actually buy. I have seen many with visible thrips, and mites (everytime the budtender adimately denied their existance resulting in my refusal to buy their meds). SO yes clone vendors in CO suck

6) Cinics criticize and winners analyze! That being said what can we do about this problem? I think we need to start a clone exchange thread where anyone donating a clone to someone participating on the thread will earn a credit to recieve a clone from someone else. Paying it forward in the true sense of the term

7) edited- no trading of/asking for clones/seeds/etc openly on this site. Read the rules.

true grit

true grit

First-
#3 is partially correct, as there are sprays, etc that can be used in flower with out poisoning people/plants or killing the crop.

#4 is incorrect. ideal RH varies throughout flower and with other conditions in the room. And even so, you can still get PM if you are not careful about other things.

Second, NO there will not be a clone exchange thread/program involved with this site.

And last- your final suggestion will be edited, if you follow the site rules- there is NO asking, exchanging, etc of cuts on open forums. Period. So you are stuck to pm's and clone vendors.

S

StrawberryGirl

#4 is incorrect. ideal RH varies throughout flower and with other conditions in the room. And even so, you can still get PM if you are not careful about other things.

Our room runs all the way to 80%. You want big, healthy plants you need a high RH, period. We got PM one time off some crap cuts, spread pretty well when our temps were dropping over 10 degrees during the night cycle. Now we run our day temps at 75-80, humidity is high as we can get. Night cycle SAME DAMN THING, no temp drop. We use to grow in florida with 90% humidity and 80+ degrees...never any mold, rot, nothing at all. Never saw any of this until the temps fell below 75....:anim_09:

adjust your rooms and stop spraying poison....

S

StrawberryGirl

Neg rep from dlovejah?? for what a difference of opinion? Little tent growers, gotta love em! :)

Try to grow a 2lb plant indoors with 40% humidity....id really like to see that.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Our room runs all the way to 80%. You want big, healthy plants you need a high RH, period. We got PM one time off some crap cuts, spread pretty well when our temps were dropping over 10 degrees during the night cycle. Now we run our day temps at 75-80, humidity is high as we can get. Night cycle SAME DAMN THING, no temp drop. We use to grow in florida with 90% humidity and 80+ degrees...never any mold, rot, nothing at all. Never saw any of this until the temps fell below 75....:anim_09:

adjust your rooms and stop spraying poison....

Bingo!!!!

Tex

K

kuz

I run 60%-70%, in my tent, 72'-77'. Saw pm once outside the tent in the cool dry basement, veg area. PM on a clone off my own mother or I would have been sure I was sold an infected plant.

altimood

altimood

I made the MISTAKE of giving a friend with a clean setup clones that had root aphids. I thought, like a fool, that I could save the genetics by taking a cut and remove them from the warehouse to root. Now the guy is PISSED. I'd be, too. I suppose we're both at fault, however. He knew we had been plagued with the bugs. I still feel totally responsible and feel like crap about the whole thing. Now I put whatever beans I have left in a "safehouse". My other buddy who I was working with has now had to move from the same warehouse and start fresh with new genet's. The 1 year ordeal with root aphids and clones ruined our business, our friendships, and essentially our lives. I totally think the clone market in Colorado is shady as all get out. Root aphids, mites, powdery mildew. Jesus. I'll never take a clone from anyone, even if it was from my own mother. Bro, if your out there listening, I'm sorry for my stupidity and can only try to make it right. Let this be a lesson to anyone... Money wasn't even a motivation here. It was the genetics, and I was trying to hook a friend up. Now its like the world is ending. All over a stupid, naive, decision.

On a happier note: I'm now seeing a possible connection between the regular use of H2o2 in nutrient mixes and the actual control of the root aphids in a warehouse grow. This may be wishful thinking, but I don't understand how there can be the presence of the evil bastards and no massive deficiencies like I have seen before. Also the use of DH Zone in a rdwc setup kept them at bay for an entire run. Anyway, if you're in a big space and get root aphids, expect to be at war for the rest of time or move to a new location that has never been utilized for the purpose of cultivation. 9 times out of ten, the aphids win. I'm just hoping this h202 is reality and not a dream. Any input on this is appreciated. Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Neg rep from dlovejah?? for what a difference of opinion? Little tent growers, gotta love em! :)

Try to grow a 2lb plant indoors with 40% humidity....id really like to see that.
Ok, man, that just bears repeating. Someone else got bent at me in a thread about drying and curing when I said that Mason jars are for closet growers. Totally sorry about that, but ain't it the truth?

:makeup

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok, man, that just bears repeating. Someone else got bent at me in a thread about drying and curing when I said that Mason jars are for closet growers. Totally sorry about that, but ain't it the truth?

:makeup

Truth!

And, there is a cure for Root Aphids... to the guy who's ready to commit suicide over a lost friendship, don't do it! Can't believe you lost the genes over a little bug.... not to beat a dead horse, but IMID works..... so does Spectracide (had to throw that in because Seamaiden will mention it if i don't!)

H

hemployed

I don't get it with the root aphids. Imid works 100%. do it once, maybe twice for good measure.. Gone. For good. People who say no I'll try goat urine and nicotine or some bullshit to save the hippy side are trying to tread water with lead boots.

People crack me up.

M

MIway

Last page of this thread basically solves the rampant grow problems most of the States are having... crazy.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

First-
#3 is partially correct, as there are sprays, etc that can be used in flower with out poisoning people/plants or killing the crop.

Second, NO there will not be a clone exchange thread/program involved with this site.

And last- your final suggestion will be edited, if you follow the site rules- there is NO asking, exchanging, etc of cuts on open forums. Period. So you are stuck to pm's and clone vendors.

SOrry about that I guess I should reread the rules:anim_09:, The only spray that I know of that you can spray in flower is serenade and that stuff doesnt work and smells like baby poo to boot!

altimood

altimood

I don't get it with the root aphids. Imid works 100%. do it once, maybe twice for good measure.. Gone. For good. People who say no I'll try goat urine and nicotine or some bullshit to save the hippy side are trying to tread water with lead boots.

People crack me up.

Hmmm. Well let me take the barrel out of my mouth just to say that my root aphids were doing back strokes in Spectracide and laughing at me. I'll stick with liquid pyrethrum. Thanks for the help though bro.

Top Bottom