Colorado Cracking Down On Pot Pesticides After Toxic Chemicals Discovered

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
DENVER — Colorado is planning to crack down on pesticide use in the pot industry after thousands of plants have been found treated with unauthorized chemicals.

A legislative panel voted Friday to give the state Department of Agriculture $300,000 to step up pesticide enforcement in the new marijuana industry.

The vote came after Denver authorities identified tens of thousands of marijuana plants possibly treated with unapproved pesticides. At least 11 Denver pot-growing facilities have been ordered to place plants "on hold," meaning the pot can't be sold. In some cases health authorities say the plants were treated with chemicals not suitable for human consumption.

Colorado outlines which chemicals commercial pot growers can use on their plants. But enforcement of the regulations is spotty, relying mostly on local health authorities.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

DENVER — Colorado is planning to crack down on pesticide use in the pot industry after thousands of plants have been found treated with unauthorized chemicals.

A legislative panel voted Friday to give the state Department of Agriculture $300,000 to step up pesticide enforcement in the new marijuana industry.

The vote came after Denver authorities identified tens of thousands of marijuana plants possibly treated with unapproved pesticides. At least 11 Denver pot-growing facilities have been ordered to place plants "on hold," meaning the pot can't be sold. In some cases health authorities say the plants were treated with chemicals not suitable for human consumption.

Colorado outlines which chemicals commercial pot growers can use on their plants. But enforcement of the regulations is spotty, relying mostly on local health authorities.

This is exactly the kind of news story that will completely derail the whole marijuana movement. Opponents of marijuana will use these stories to prove it's dangerous. I want to prohibition is a result of new stories shaping opinion. For every one negative story, we have to contact our media to promote 100 positive stories. Damn, these growers should be ashamed of themselves for setting us back.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Be aware the bigger the company the bigger the issue......Green Solutions uses both FORBID and EAGLE 20 on every crop and has even gone as far as running their poison treated flowers thru the "testing" to see what did not show up and then doubled up on what the tests did not detect. STAY CLASSY DENVER!

Honestly if you did not expect this you have no fucking clue whats really going on,.......!

K

kolah

while the socalled "safety" alphabet agencies (EPA FDA USDA etc) ignore Monsanto's crops sprayed with Round-up.

But yeah, not too cool as lots of weed growers are lacing pot with nasty shit as well. It ain't only the potshops using the shit..I've seen back yard growers dousing their mj with the same toxic crap.

Grow your own clean meds. Organic.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
@LittleDabbie this is what I meant when I said the plant is not grown with love and attention. But instead poison chemicals. The cheaper it gets the more evil the growers will use.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Right of the label of recommended crop uses for Eagle 20...Apples, Grapes, Apricots, Cherries, Nectarines, Peaches, and Plums..and on top of that it can be applied up until the day of harvest.

Floramite can be used on greenhouse tomatoes up to three days from harvest.

I just find it interesting that people or agencies target products that are perfectly excepted for use in crops that we all eat every day and don't seem to have a problem with it. Now that Scotts has bought GH it will be even more interesting to see if the add cannabis to the labels of excepted use on some of their pesticide/fungicide products and then this issue just goes away

CanniGrow

CanniGrow

I am not condoning the use of these toxic chemicals, but the truth is the are very prevalent in today's clutivation methods. The cost of doing business on the dispensary level is very high, and commercial growers can't stay profitable if they lose crops to spider mites, aphids, and powdery mildew. Growing your own organic weed is the only way to ensure your smoke is natural.

K

kolah

The other thing that comes into play is that the toxic shit sprayed on cannabis is smoked and the toxic shit sprayed on produce is eaten. I am not sure what is worse...digesting it or inhaling it..or if they are both bad news. IMO, just another way to witch-hunt the weed scene.

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

The other thing that comes into play is that the toxic shit sprayed on cannabis is smoked and the toxic shit sprayed on produce is eaten. I am not sure what is worse...digesting it or inhaling it..or if they are both bad news. IMO, just another way to witch-hunt the weed scene.
The way I understand squigglys explanation was that the first few vapors of the toxins go straight to the blood stream then the cherry temp destroys the rest in a joint or in a bowl the first few rips vaporize the toxins so ...no more greens when your in a smoke circle with dispo bowls or joints unless you want the Puro poison vapes to the domepiece
Naz

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

Best way to avoid all this grow your own.
I agree
20150509 131347 1

I'm hoping my vermicompost of GMO synthetic fruits and veggies don't kill my little precious seedlings. By the end of sep or Oct I'll have some decent meds, God willing.
Naz

I've got pounding headaches from something the dispensary called caviar, sprayed with oil and dunked in kief, something tells me oil and kief were from flowers that could not move on these shelfs. It's a shame, with no one to blame but myself, mIgrains til November followed by smiles for as long as the the good herb last

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I agree
View attachment 508289
I'm hoping my vermicompost of GMO synthetic fruits and veggies don't kill my little precious seedlings. By the end of sep or Oct I'll have some decent meds, God willing.
Naz

I've got pounding headaches from something the dispensary called caviar, sprayed with oil and dunked in kief, something tells me oil and kief were from flowers that could not move on these shelfs. It's a shame, with no one to blame but myself, mIgrains til November followed by smiles for as long as the the good herb last
Damn bro sorry to here, they do that a lot to get rid of the crap they had

sixstring

sixstring

im not saying any of those chems are good for pot or produce,but we smoke pot while most produce needs to or should be washed before eating.if we washed our pot after spaying it would be much safer.but you will still have that one variable of us smoking weed at temps of 450f or more and thats where shit gets dicey,and with some of these stronger systemic chems out there we need some better guidelines imo.but at the same time we need to put a stop to this roundup ready bs as well

Top Bottom