Colorado Cracking Down On Pot Pesticides After Toxic Chemicals Discovered

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Anderstoned

Right of the label of recommended crop uses for Eagle 20...Apples, Grapes, Apricots, Cherries, Nectarines, Peaches, and Plums..and on top of that it can be applied up until the day of harvest.

Floramite can be used on greenhouse tomatoes up to three days from harvest.

I just find it interesting that people or agencies target products that are perfectly excepted for use in crops that we all eat every day and don't seem to have a problem with it. Now that Scotts has bought GH it will be even more interesting to see if the add cannabis to the labels of excepted use on some of their pesticide/fungicide products and then this issue just goes away
Finally another person who reads!!! Thanks for sharing true intelligent info, unlike most of these other whiners who jump on the bandwagon without doing any learning or reading for themselves but love to repeat the gloom and doom BS

muir

muir

the issue is all about labels. If the pesticides and fungicides were labeled correctly for use on cannabis there would be shit anyone can say other than, "I don't want to buy that". The Ag Dept doesn't give a shit about anything but worker safety and that label directions and the correct protocols are followed.

epitome

epitome

I research plenty and have not found studies showing how these "safe" poisons effect us when we inhale smoke from burning said approved poisons....

Open your eyes and it's more then obvious the bias existing in who "cares" and who doesn't....

I'm a pothead first and a grower second and I don't believe for one second that profiteers have our health in best interest.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I research plenty and have not found studies showing how these "safe" poisons effect us when we inhale smoke from burning said approved poisons....

Open your eyes and it's more then obvious the bias existing in who "cares" and who doesn't....

I'm a pothead first and a grower second and I don't believe for one second that profiteers have our health in best interest.
Just like everything else in agriculture ...
The mighty dollar rules over our health and the health of the environment...
So if one wants clean safe food and weed.....
GROW IT YOURSELF!!!!!
We took the matter into our own hands and do our best to produce nutrient rich foods that prevent most illness rather than getting sick and using chemicals that only mask symptoms not cure or prevent......
why anyone would buy weed from rec or processed, preserved, modified food like substances is beyond me, but folks are lazy and do not really care until it's too late...The effort is worth it in the long run if you wish to be healthy and happy.....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
CM, that may be true, but in order to sustain that lifestyle, you sell your agricultural products, right? Everyone has a right to make a living. Everyone has a right to make choices that affect themselves. No one has a right to make choices that affect others negatively without their consent.

Not everyone can GYO, let alone grow everything themselves. So we're left with some choices. That's what this is about from the consumer's perspective. Beyond that, @muir has hit the nail directly on the head. Because once these 'cides' are appropriately labeled, we can make a proper paper trail and that should be the goal.

Also, quinoa. Quinoa, in terms of labeling, is in the exact same boat as cannabis the last time I checked (been a coupla years, a manu *may* have added quinoa to their list of approved crops). So if you're growing quinoa, there *are* no approved 'cides' to use on that crop.

Where's the uproar?

HiPlainDrftr

HiPlainDrftr

So, I was able to get in touch with a representative from Monterey Lawn and Garden regarding spinosad and ask why they don't just change the wording on their label. I was told that DOW chemical company holds the rights to spinosad, and Monterey licenses it from them. The rep was told by DOW that they will never in a million years change the wording on it to able to be used on cannabis.

Same old bullshit...

muir

muir

the ag inspector told me that when combusted Eagle-20 is converted to bothering things including sodium cyanide. can anyone confirm that?

Tripsick

Tripsick

no matter what it doest.. or converts too.. i would rather just avoid it.. i know i can maintain a small garden with no need for any of those pesticides.

epitome

epitome

PGR's maybe plant growth regulator or miracle bud booster spray with plastics, metals and whatever safe heavy coating....

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

pardon my ignorance. what is PG?
It isn't ignorance it's probably smart business practice. Propylene Glycol is the liquid of choice to cut e-liquid or medical oils.

This is common in e-cigarettes as it has a sweet flavor, which I assume is also something companies take advantage of. Everyone talks about how safe it is along with vegetable glycerin, but I have not seen anything related to combusting it, only ingesting or eating it is harmless.

I haven't read this link but it looks like good info: http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/substances/toxsubstance.asp?toxid=240

If you have seen O.Pen oil, the reason it is so liquid is because of PG. The oil I prefer does not have that and is much more potent, but it is also very, very viscous.

EDIT: To clarify, I am not talking about PGR's.

muir

muir

It isn't ignorance it's probably smart business practice. Propylene Glycol is the liquid of choice to cut e-liquid or medical oils.

This is common in e-cigarettes as it has a sweet flavor, which I assume is also something companies take advantage of. Everyone talks about how safe it is along with vegetable glycerin, but I have not seen anything related to combusting it, only ingesting or eating it is harmless.

I haven't read this link but it looks like good info: http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/substances/toxsubstance.asp?toxid=240

If you have seen O.Pen oil, the reason it is so liquid is because of PG. The oil I prefer does not have that and is much more potent, but it is also very, very viscous.

EDIT: To clarify, I am not talking about PGR's.

I don't smoke it. Never liked it.

A

Anderstoned

Those days are over due to legalization! I'm from WA St where the state has now ended true medical marijuana and opted for big business and tax revenue. It's a joke that Colo expects these growers to do something different than every other farmer in this country. Without the chemicals there is no profit!!
Until the US GOVERNMENT TAKES pot off the schedule 1 list. None or very few companies will add pot to their products labels. For fear of being accused of promoting illegal growing!
I'll bet most of these companies have already done the studies and are waiting on the feds!!!! I for one don't want to smoke mildew of any kind! We have all been eating the same chemicals for years so what's the big deal w pot

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I don't smoke it. Never liked it.
If you've ever been forced into a suburban 'vape shop' or 'vape lounge', they are the hookah bars for pre-21 youngsters with lots of money to spend. This is the place that you open the door and every idiot there starts blasting their 'oatmeal cream pie' or 'thanksgiving cinnamon' or whatever flavor crap they are putting into the air.

@xavier7995 showed me this, not sure if he uploaded it to the selfie sites yet. http://tosh.cc.com/blog/files/2015/08/NakedVaping.jpg

Tripsick

Tripsick

Breathing small amounts of hydrogen cyanide may cause headache,dizziness, weakness, nausea, and vomiting. Larger amounts may cause gasping, irregular heartbeats, seizures, fainting, and even rapid death. Generally, the more serious the exposure, the more severe the symptoms.

B

barefoot

I was tops a pitchin' quarters as well Sea.........thats how we bought cinnamon rolls and choc milk.......lol.....

crop rotation.............beneficial predators............resistant varietals..........etc..........just a few ways to stay chem free...........

think less about profits and more about health.........

ganj on...............

Latest posts

Top Bottom