Colorado Disp. Laws Moving Back to 30/70

• Thread starter Frostynugman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Also A lot has happened since July 2013. Like rec stores opening and contributing over 3.5 mil in taxes already. Studies change. Old shit my friend

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Ouch... this thread was painful.

70/30 vertical integration is going away on 10/1/2014, and a "caregiver" can not sell to a MMj or retail center - ever.

The original bill last year called for VI not to stop until 2016, however we got that busted down to 1 month - until the MMC lobbyists and Smart Colorado lobbied against that an got the number pushed to 10/1/2014.

I know this because I lobbying on these matters and have since 2010.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

70/30 vertical integration is going away on 10/1/2014, and a "caregiver" can not sell to a MMj or retail center - ever.

The original bill last year called for VI not to stop until 2016, however we got that busted down to 1 month - until the MMC lobbyists and Smart Colorado lobbied against that an got the number pushed to 10/1/2014.

Thanks For clarifying.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

C.R.S. 12-43.4-104
Subparagraph (b) (II)
"On and after July 1, 2014, persons who did not meet the requirements of subparagraph (I) of paragraph (a) of this subsection (1) may apply for licensure pursuant to this article. A license issued to a person pursuant to this subparagraph (II) is not effective until October 1, 2014."

12-43.4-402
Sub (1)(c)(II)&(III)
"(II) Notwithstanding the requirements of paragraph (b) of this subsection (1) or subparagraph (I) of this paragraph (c) to the contrary, a retail marijuana store may purchase not more than thirty percent of its total on-hand inventory of retail marijuana from another licensed retail marijuana establishment not owned by the retail marijuana store. A retail marijuana store or another retail marijuana cultivation facility may sell no more than thirty percent of its total on-hand inventory to another Colorado licensed retail marijuana establishment. Notwithstanding the provisions of this subparagraph (II), the director of the state licensing authority may grant a temporary waiver:

(A) To a retail marijuana store or applicant if the retail marijuana store or applicant suffers a catastrophic event related to its inventory; or

(B) To a new retail marijuana store licensee for a period not to exceed ninety days so the new licensee can cultivate the necessary retail marijuana to comply with this paragraph (c).

(III) This paragraph (c) is repealed, effective January 1, 2015."
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Well, this is what leads me to believe the repeal of VI is off farther than some are hinting. But whatever. What's three months in pot growing? Not like your inventory is going to go bad :) Will be worth a hell of a lot less, though. And by 2016 all shorts of shit is repealed.

This link will take you there (close as can get you). http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics...3YAIW4I1DJOA,3FF3QC189YJOQOEIK&shortheader=no

Then click on the crs, then 'book browse' right under the navigation arrows top of page and you can just go through the legaleeze yousef!

Last edited:
Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Can you point me to a link of the new bill? All I find on Lexis Nexus is saying different in the CRS. But it is dating it 2013... However LN is usually current, being an Academia/Professional resource.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

There is no "new bill". The bills were passed in 2013.

Main bill regulating adult use cannabis -
http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cl...83C95E87257B1F005CDB59?Open&file=1317_enr.pdf

Bill containing the less contenious parts of adult use mj regulation -
http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cl...3719DBD687257B490074E195?Open&file=283_01.pdf

Anytime you are researching something and you want the real truth... find the, or, a "prime source" for that subject.... in this case... the Colorado General Assembly website.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

C.R.S. 12-43.4-104
Subparagraph (b) (II)
"On and after July 1, 2014, persons who did not meet the requirements of subparagraph (I) of paragraph (a) of this subsection (1) may apply for licensure pursuant to this article. A license issued to a person pursuant to this subparagraph (II) is not effective until October 1, 2014."...........

Well, this is what leads me to believe the repeal of VI is off farther than some are hinting. But whatever. What's three months in pot growing? Not like your inventory is going to go bad :) Will be worth a hell of a lot less, though. And by 2016 all shorts of shit is repealed.....

You are reading to much into the words.
On 7/1/2014 a person who did not have a medical marijuana dispensary can apply for any of the 4 licenses available (Dispensary, Independent Grow, Testing Facility, or Edibles company). However they can not open shop until 10/1/2014 at the earliest. When these places open up shop VI is officially dead...

Growers on here should look into being an "independent grow". For course you will have to get licensed by the State and have the appropriate building and set-up, and all the other bureaucratic things necessary - but you can sell nuggs to the dispensaries if you do this...

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

And then VI gets two in the head (just to make sure) on Jan 1, 2015.

I hear you now. I though perhaps my reading comprehension was failing me.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
JG, is the VI model still going to apply to the Amend 20 side of things? or will that only be applied to the rec 64 side of the game? my attorneys can not seem to find me a definative answer on this yet...we are already doing virtual seperation in the grows between 64 and 20 but on the 20 side by using the different MITS tags but we can only distribute back thru our med 20 specific licensed location unlike the 64 product that I can sell to any and every 64 retail outlet in the state...

muir

muir

I'm told by my attorney that for my municipality I can apply under rec to be VI'ed July 1 and Oct 1 as an independent shop or grow.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

VI gets "two in the head" on 10/1/2014. After that VI is not required on recreational grows - however on the medical side VI is unchanged and will continue.

Muir- The applications being accepted beginning 7/1/2014 would not be held to a VI requirement.

I am so pissed at the mj side of things right now that I am fixin' to prevent COS from going rec mj. The bastards hiked prices when rec shops started - so why allow them another market to do the same?

muir

muir

that is good news. I have been debating when to apply based on that. Even though I have an acceptable location for retail, I'm not sure I want to fuck with that end and just grow in my other building. I have been seeking the appropriate partner to handle the retail side but have not found it. My pre-1284 partnership exploded and I am super leery of new relationships.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

I guess if I knew more about how the 'on-hand' inventory was calculated then maybe I'd see it your way. Or if I knew the '90 day-waiver' were a rubber stamp (but there is 91-92 days Oct-Dec?). But that seems to apply to retail stores needing product and not cultivation facilities needing to sell 100% of what they grow.
But that is the legaleeze that separates the lawyers from the laymen.
Either way, it is officially repealed Jan 1. Whether or not the mechanisms that be allow a way around it to effectively off 100% of your cultivation, I just don't see it in the law without common ownership (kinda like they wanted an oligopoly).

I know it's rec, not med were talking about.
Same bill on LN as leg.state.co
CRS 12-43.4-403
Subsection 2

"(c) NOTWITHSTANDING THE PROVISIONS OF PARAGRAPH (b) OR (d)
OF THIS SUBSECTION (2), A RETAIL MARIJUANA CULTIVATION FACILITY
LICENSEE MAY SELL NO MORE THAN THIRTY PERCENT OF THE RETAIL
MARIJUANA IT CULTIVATES TO ANOTHER RETAIL MARIJUANA CULTIVATION
FACILITY OR TO A RETAIL MARIJUANA STORE OR RETAIL MARIJUANA
PRODUCTS MANUFACTURER NOT OWNED BY THE OWNER OF THE RETAIL
MARIJUANA CULTIVATION FACILITY.....
(e) THIS SUBSECTION (2) IS REPEALED, EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2015."

Doesn't really make a difference to me anyway, not going to be doing a winter greenhouse. But just some of the reading comprehension problems I run into with the CRS.

Of course in the CRS it states you can put for 'intent of application' after Jan 1, 2014. Whereas on state website they say 'Don't apply before July 1".
Sometimes I don't think they read the laws.

Last edited:
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I am so pissed at the mj side of things right now that I am fixin' to prevent COS from going rec mj. The bastards hiked prices when rec shops started - so why allow them another market to do the same?

COS = Colorado Springs, no?
There have been several shops in the area who hiked prices in early January, when the demand rose so fast. Not all, however. Some shops remained true to their morals- beaster quality and decent prices.
Not sure how "in touch" I am with the general pop of my own town, but hardly anyone is bitching that we don't have rec shops. The couple people I heard complaining about the drive to Pueblo or Denver are idiots/tools that nobody wants to deal with.
Manitou is opening 2 rec shops; that should cover the Springs area, eh? I heard Canyon City (Canyontucky) is also going rec. Lords knows all those prison guards need a legal puff...

SpiderK

SpiderK

The boys are coming with KUBO greenhouses ect ....

You could see this coming a mile away. ( fat money pimps ) The feds told them to control the borders. They will this is just another step along the way ...

Top Bottom