Colorado medical-marijuana dispensaries within 1,000 feet of a school must close

• Thread starter SenseOfHealing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
eyecandi

eyecandi

TK ... just my thought, but if that one is yours', I'd also black out the tracing #s so as not to connect my online persona/data directly with the op.

my 2cents for the day

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Not mine, I was sent a redacted copy from the attorney army via email...

If read them, its a lot more that just 1000ft from schools, there is a laundry list of restrictions in there

Tex

eyecandi

eyecandi

oh yeah, i think the feds are just beggining to have their fun.

not my words, but thanks to Twirling Hippy who sends out weekly updates/newsletters on the state of things.

The basis for these actions by the Fed are the Controlled Substances Act, Section 21uSC 860 (a) which reads adds penalties for distribution of a "controlled substance" within "One Thousdand Feet of the real property comprising a public or private Elementary, Vocational, or Secondary School, or a public or private college, (underlined part is where we are now, what is next is alarming too...) or a Playground, or a Housing Facility owned by Public Housing Authority, or within 100 Feet of a public or private Youth Center, Public Swimming Pool, or Video Arcade Facility."

This basically means these 23 are just the beginning, the stuff I've bolded is the next part of the same laws which they have yet to apply...

sky high

sky high

>Just beginning< is right on the money. And hey....>why hurry< in the case of a static crime with ample paperwork offered as undeniable proof that you participated in a criminal activity?

Nope....there's no hurry.

The Fed has a 5 year statue of limitations to file on criminal charges.

They have a 6 year window to file on you for tax evasion

and last but not least, there is a 7 year window for filing charges related to drug trafficking.

At this point, they are just letting folks dig their graves a bit deeper before they make their move. For sure..it's gonna be a long 7 years for alotta folks who swallowed the State's jiz ala 1284.

wot a mess...

s h

G

GeneralRipper

If anyone knows an MMC that has received a letter please go out of your way to let them know they got to shut down. Some lawyers has told a few of these mmc's to stay open. Problem is MMC's who didn't receive a letter could be shut down too. In boulder for example there is only 4 different ware house locations for all the grows. The feds could end up raiding all the grows near a MMC's grow who received a letter.

K

kolah

S H, I will start a new thread on the topic.

Can you cite in the laws in CO where this power is given, kolah? I can find mention of a push in Montana for "Sheriff's first" legislation that would have given such lofty power to the county mounty there, but that measure failed in a big way.

Ditto with the "10th Amendment Nullification" measures.... none of which seem to be LAW anywhere that I can find.

If yer county has such a measure...I'd like to see that as well. I personaly don't believe this to be true...or else we'd have renegade counties all over this State setting up MMJ friendly zones/sales/open-ended grow licenses/etc... which from what i see...just isn't happening.

Good luck bucking the system tho. Consider me good for a $25 donation for your campaign when you make the move and get things going.

s h

C

canaguy27

Starting to hear rumblings of 50-90 new letters going out. Anyone hear anything too?

I

IronLung D9

Starting to hear rumblings of 50-90 new letters going out. Anyone hear anything too?

I was told from ruthie today that all of federal blvd is going to be shut down because it's considered a "parkway" and the Feds are going to be shutting down anything 1000 ft from parks now also- interestingly enough she told me broadway will not be shut down?

They are selling $15 maps again downtown with zoning and parks labeled (many of the parks were labeled parks 25-50+ years ago and have since been redeveloped into neighborhoods and streets etc but the Feds plan on using the original labeled parks as there guide for closing shops.. also all the folks growing on south platte will need to go also because it's now a park and all the wh within a 1000 ft of the river are out

Just learned thus today as we near completion of our 250k CO'd grow thats now worthless- nothin but another quarter mill down the drain- this is an impossible game to win- we lost 180k when Judy montero illegally re-zoned us out of my "coors field area wh" and now this with the south platte.. Shit I'm near ready concede - it's impossible-

J-d9

Skummy

Skummy

Wow man thats putting everyone outta biz right there! I wonder what else they are going to use?

C

canaguy27

Wow man thats putting everyone outta biz right there! I wonder what else they are going to use?

playgrounds, pools, arcades, treatment centers, churches - once they have it almost cut down, then all they have to do is send a letter to the owner saying "close them now or we will take your property."

divide an conquer. some of these morons think they are safe and are glad to see the other ones go...

altimood

altimood

I was told from ruthie today that all of federal blvd is going to be shut down because it's considered a "parkway" and the Feds are going to be shutting down anything 1000 ft from parks now also- interestingly enough she told me broadway will not be shut down?

They are selling $15 maps again downtown with zoning and parks labeled (many of the parks were labeled parks 25-50+ years ago and have since been redeveloped into neighborhoods and streets etc but the Feds plan on using the original labeled parks as there guide for closing shops.. also all the folks growing on south platte will need to go also because it's now a park and all the wh within a 1000 ft of the river are out

Just learned thus today as we near completion of our 250k CO'd grow thats now worthless- nothin but another quarter mill down the drain- this is an impossible game to win- we lost 180k when Judy montero illegally re-zoned us out of my "coors field area wh" and now this with the south platte.. Shit I'm near ready concede - it's impossible-

J-d9
Just for clarity- pretty sure the law refers to "playgrounds" not "parks". At least I hope this is the case.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
It definately includes "parks" and goes way further than that when it gets down to it...they are probably goin to include all publicly funded venues(parks, housing, stadiums, etc... when it is all said and done. Parks, greenbelts, arenas, public pools, hell they will probably get a 1000ft rule from "Bounce"

If they reclassify Federal, that will get Sense of Healing as well as 100 more and they did all the dances, played all the games, and they change the rules again...gotta suck

Tex

sky high

sky high

It only applies to the greedy business-type folks operating under 1284, trip.....not PATIENTS operating under A20.

I

IronLung D9

Oh please - you don't have a clue.. Ya only the greedy got involved in mmj and your a saint I forgot.. Grow up

P

PoopyCoopy

Us as patients don't feel bad.

I mean seriously rule #1 of growing weed is not to be in a school zone etc. Also having 2500 plants is a great idea too.

Fuck all of you in the industry, you should have expected it to happen.

Top Bottom