>>>>>>Colorado Medical Marijuana Laws are changing<<<<<<

• Thread starter sky high
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky high

sky high

I saw this one just now pp....

looks like the whip is starting to crack sooner than later...

C

CAPO

Holy Fuck...Sputnik! That was a lot to digest!
Anybody plan on moving to CO and growing/selling HAS to read this carefully. This is CO tightening their beloved belts on an out of control market. Besides major dotting of the i's and crossing of the t's....I will describe what I could digest.
First, no one person can give, share, sell, or provide MMJ without proper state license and under local provision(city or county rule). Actual license is 5 grand...apps and locale license additional. Must be a CO resident for 2 yrs. Criminal background checks as well as fingerprinting....gonna be under Big Bro's careful watch.
One that stuck out also was the requirement for labeling of all herbacides, pestacides, organic or non-organic fertilizer must be printed for each edible or bag of MMJ. Basically.."what was used to cultivate".

Lot's more in this sucker....I think this means that it might get a lot more difficult to get the right license...more hoops to jump through...well, after a year anyway.

C

canaguy27

"The more you tighten your grip, "Colorado", the more "Growers" will slip through your fingers."

Star Wars

sky high

sky high

Superior passes Boulder County's first medical pot dispensary ban

Town leaders in Superior passed an ordinance Monday evening prohibiting any medical marijuana facility from setting up shop in town, the first municipality in Boulder County to ban the dispensaries outright.

The trustees voted 6 to 0 in favor of the ban, which will take effect in about a month. Trustee Debra Williams was absent.

Superior appears to be the state's second town or city to permanently ban medical marijuana facilities since the Colorado Legislature passed a law last month regulating the industry and allowing municipalities to outlaw the facilities. Vail was the first to enact a ban on June 1.

Mayor Andrew Muckle said Superior, which doesn't have any dispensaries currently in operation, could always revisit the issue at a later time if it's apparent that residents want them.

“If we permit something, it's very difficult to go back,” he said.

Medical marijuana advocates reacted immediately to Superior's decision.

“It's my impression that the leaders of Superior are passing poor public policy,” said Brian Vicente, executive director of Sensible Colorado. “I think it's going to hurt the sickest members of their community.”

He said the town is inviting “costly litigation” from those who believe that the state's decision to allow towns and cities to ban dispensaries is unconstitutional.

A decade ago, Colorado voters passed Amendment 20, which allows people with debilitating medical conditions to consume marijuana. The amendment to the state constitution stipulated that caregivers could provide medicinal pot to patients but didn't speak to the legality of dispensaries, which blossomed statewide this year after the Obama administration stated it wouldn't use federal law to pursue dispensary owners.

It is estimated there are now 1,100 dispensaries statewide and about half are not expected to survive the stricter regulations at the state level. Gov. Bill Ritter signed the legislation into law last week.

“Patients have the right to access medicine at a store front just like anyone else trying get medicine,” Vicente said, lambasting Superior's vote. “It's like banning pharmacies.”

With two dispensaries open across U.S. 36 in Louisville, Muckle said, Superior's ban is hardly restricting residents' abilities to obtain medical marijuana.

Superior has long been aggressive in its opposition to dispensaries, being the first in the state to ban them last fall. The town rescinded the ban a few months later after determining that it might be on shaky legal ground without clear regulations from the state. It imposed a moratorium instead.

Monday's vote was in sharp contrast to a decision last month by the town's planning commission to oppose a ban. The commission felt that dispensaries should be permitted and regulated in Superior because they are already allowed under state law.

“I would just have to disagree with them on this issue,” said Trustee Elia Gourgouris, noting that several of his constituents had contacted him urging him to vote for the ban.

No members of the public spoke out on the issue Monday evening.

Muckle seemed to recognize the import of the board's vote, acknowledging that Superior is once again on the “cutting edge” of the issue.

A number of other Colorado municipalities will likely follow in Superior's footsteps. Greenwood Village is in the process of approving a dispensary ban. Aurora plans to put the issue of a ban up to a vote of its residents in November.

Several town and cities in Boulder County – including Louisville, Lafayette, Erie, and Longmont -- have put in place moratoriums on new dispensaries and are in the midst of trying to figure out what kind of regulations to pass.

It's too soon to say whether any of them are planning to introduce their own bans.

Read more: Superior passes Boulder County's first medical pot dispensary ban - Boulder Daily Camera http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_15296046#ixzz0qtJUJZKv
DailyCamera.com

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

This is a good thing for colo .......Things can go back to the right hands, Not soccer moms and jobless hippies with sore backs from mopping at wendyz.

More problems for implants and Unwanted traveling leeches .

We have a saying in Hawaii,,,,,,Its nice for you to visit but dont forget to go home !!!:fixed:

Implants are like illegal aliens that steal jobs from the right people...

Dispences have to grow 70% of there own and can only buy from other Dispences.......

Means the streets will belong back to where they belong , The streets, Soccer moms will have to go back to watch there obese kids play soccer

sky high

sky high

Make sure you check out the public comments below the article. Opinion on MMJ in CO is changing (IMO), and not for the better.

s h

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

When I was briefed on HB1284 in Aspen, one of the things Lauren Wolpin Maytin pointed out was that caregivers in communities which ban dispensaries can not be denied permission to go over the 5 patient cap. you are approved to go over 5 patients if your community has banned commercial medical marijuana enterprise. This is essentially the way the state is getting around creating a health care access issue when it comes to patients getting access to meds. This is the case in Jefferson county. If people don't want the commercial enterprise in their community, it's out of site out of mind. It'll go back to caregiver delivery service and what AM20 was REALLY BASED ON, patients helping patients.

I just got the skinny on the dispensary where I was working and it turned out to be a MASSIVE wanking of my pecker. The state is cleaning the scene up for the better, there's some seriously shady shit out there in the commercial realm that Colorado NEVER wanted to see involved with AM20 (Chinese and Russian mafia being big players in the game for just one example).

I believe the state doesn't want to know if you're profiting as a caregiver, once again out of sight out of mind. If you feel like blabbing to someone about your grow, just post a nice rant here on the farm. It's a great vent.

If you're a caregiver in a community which has a ban, KEEP IT ON THE DOWN LOW OR YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR ASS!!! I can't stress this enough. Your business should be word of mouth and your product should be your greatest advertisement. If you need more patients, make your product better by reading some grow threads here on the farm.

I thought I was going to play in the commercial game but it got really ugly really quick. All kinds of backstabbing and lowballing assholes out there. I'm going back to my homey little basement to do some breeding until things blow over. It's a mad scramble for a commercial kitchen to get an infused products license and grow unlimited plants.

To steal a quote from S H, "What a mess..."

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Oh, I also have some literature from Warren Edson on the following communities and their bans or regulations, so if you need literature on one of these communities just let me know and I'll post it here for you and others.

Alamosa, Archuleta, Arvada, Aurora, Boulder, Breckenridge, Brighton, Castle Rock, Douglas County, Durango, Eagle County, Englewood, Ft. Collins, Frisco, Golden, Greely, Greenwood Village, Lakewood, Littleton, Longmont, Louisville, Loveland, Northglenn, Pagosa Springs, Thorton, Vail, and Wheatridge.

sky high

sky high

Greeley enacts revised ban on medical marijuana shops

By Chris CaseyShare on Facebook Email Print Comment Recommend

Greeley City Council unanimously passed a ban on medical marijuana dispensaries Tuesday night, reinforcing the city's current ordinance and beating a key deadline that comes with new state legislation.

Under the state law, signed by Gov. Bill Ritter last week, any establishment dispensing medical marijuana on July 1 will be allowed to operate for the next 12 months, after which state-licensing regulations kick in. The new ordinance would allow caregivers to supply medical marijuana to a small number of people.

“We wanted to do this by July 1 to meet the state deadline,” said Greeley City Attorney Rick Brady.

With Greeley's revised ban on Tuesday, done also to bring city code in line with language in state law, there is no chance a dispensary, called “medical marijuana center” under statute, will set up shop and operate for the next year.

Brady said Greeley officials played an active role in lobbying the Legislature to give municipalities a way to ban marijuana shops. Before the new law was passed, there was no specific authority for shops to exist, Brady said.

“It was sort of a no-man's land, and what they've tried to do with this new law is clarify it,” he said.

On Monday night, Superior became the first Colorado municipality to ban medical marijuana shops under the legislation. The statute allows cities and counties to enact bans by vote of elected boards, or through a vote of residents. Brady said a handful of cities plan to put ban questions before voters.

“This gives us an additional level of protection,” he said of the municipal power. “We think what Greeley has passed will be as strict as any jurisdiction around the state, and probably stricter than many.”

A change to Greeley's ordinance, though, comes in the caregiver definition of the state law. In accordance with statute, a caregiver may provide medical marijuana to five patients or less. Greeley's previous ordinance said nobody, not even a mom-and-pop operation supplying a small number of people, could dispense marijuana.

“We didn't have the information we have now,” Brady said. “This new legislation has made the distinction between the” caregiver and dispensary.

Caregivers can't operate as a retail outlet, but they are allowed to grow their own medical marijuana. They don't need city approval to do so, Brady said, but they must comply with all city zoning regulations.

“It doesn't matter how you draft the law, there's always an attempt, or could be an attempt, to get around the law,” Brady said. He pointed out that “this is no ‘get out of jail free card,' ” given that medical marijuana possession remains against federal law and, should the feds take a stronger enforcement posture, people can still run afoul of the law.

City Councilman Mike Finn noted that he sat on the previous council that passed the original ban last October.

“I feel very proud for the position we took and am glad we can reinforce it now with a new state law,” Finn said.

true grit

true grit

Sput- yeah you can have more than 5 in ban counties, but to have more than 5 legally you must go through an approval process (not sure if its been determined, or panel that decides) but bill states its goes up for review beforehand. Great info on saving plant material for weight! nice....
Just curious, but not sure how theres a rush for the infused product licenses as don't think there is any group enacted for issuance, and you would need city/municipal approval before applying. Denver already has a program, so hopefully that will just carry over. In which case, the existing legal infused product vendors will be the first allowed to license I would assume. But yeah, infused product license is the way to go. And not like they are limited, businesses will come and go so it will be interesting to see how much room the first get to play around....

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

From what I understood at the NORML seminar, the approval process should not be a probem if you live in a ban county or area. The state wants to avoid health care access lawsuits (as they allow MMJ enterprise bans) so it will make the approval process fairly lax. Local approval is needed for any MMJ business before state approval. Denver should definitely carry over and be one of the first to get new licenses.

sky high

sky high

"Don't Bother"

Commercial pot growers eye Delta County

Written by Hank Lohmeyer

The county government has given its answer to a Denver lawyer trying to help clients set up a commercial pot farm here: Don’t bother.

The Board of County Commissioners, meeting with senior department staff from law enforcement, health and social services, planning, and the county attorney, agreed Monday that commercial pot farms are not legal under current state law.

Therefore, the county planning department has told a Denver lawyer that it will not accept a Specific Development application to set up a commercial “medical marijuana” growing operation.

In addition, the BoCC intends to toughen its current moratorium on new dispensaries and businesses that sell marijuana. The new moratorium draft specifically prohibits commercial growing operations. The current moratorium will probably be extended until July, 2011.

The inquiry about setting up a commercial pot growing operation is only one of many the county planning department has received.

The Denver lawyer, who was not identified by the planning department, wanted guidance on making application under the county’s Specific Development regulations to grow pot commercially in an existing greenhouse south of Delta.

The greenhouse, formerly used to grow hydroponic lettuce, has gone into foreclosure.

The discussion held by the BoCC and county staff Monday tried to focus on whether, if, and how a commercial pot enterprise would be regulated under current county rules and state law.

Delta County Sheriff Fred McKee put the discussion into perspective. He stated that if such a commercial pot operation started up, he would arrest whoever was doing it.

Large scale, commercial pot growing is not legal in Colorado, McKee explained. Registered medical marijuana users can grow for themselves, and their caregivers can grow a limited amount for their own “patients,” McKee explained. But commercial pot farming — no way. “It’s still illegal,” McKee said.

With that direction, the planning department called the Denver lawyer and told him that the county would be unable to accept a Specific Development application for a commercial-scale pot growing operation.

The county commissioners and administration are looking forward to a meeting later this month where it is hoped the county and six municipal governments will be able to reach a common policy on the new state law, House Bill 1284. That law gives local governments authority to allow, regulate, or ban altogether medical marijuana “dispensaries” and growing operations.

There are some who see medical marijuana, and the organized effort to legalize pot outright, as a way to generate new revenue sources for cash-strapped local governments by imposing hefty taxes on pot sales and stiff licensing fees on businesses that deal in it.

County officials also see a need to coordinate pot policies on a regional basis. Already, the commissioners were told, a neighboring county with stringent land use regs is referring the inquiries it gets about pot farms to Delta County.

If Delta County, or any locality within it, ends up with the most open door policy to marijuana production and sale in the region, it will open a flood gate, officials fear.

true grit

true grit

LOL. Some folks.

So basically every small county without large metro population is gonna try and ban because they are rural/small with small councils and uninformed/uneducated/ignorant delegates? Sounds like Texas. HA.

Top Bottom