Colorado outdoor activities.

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
putembk

putembk

The area behind my house is a protected nesting area for Red Winged Black Birds. As a result all birds live and thrive there. I have two humming bird feeders and several other seed feeders for my feathered friends. I mostly love watching them except the Grackles and Canadian Geese. The Grackles are just plain mean and won't let the smaller birds feed. The fricken geese are just everywhere in the winter. I live in a migratory fly lane for them to get to warmer/cooler weather as the seasons change. Can't even walk the dog out back as there is goose shit everywhere. Hunters get up at dawn, drive for hours and hide in a duck blind to get a shot at them...I can walk out back and hit one with a rock. Other than that I love watching my little feathered friends. Oh, bird seed is expensive and they never stop eating.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
gunna hit it today, stained water here I come. I think its good for the fish the local water has been stained. Summer flows, warmer water lots of stress from fisherman during summer that's not happening this year so fish get a break. Got a nice rainbow yesterday so got to hit it today. It's like this. If your catching fish you can't leave the river. If your not catching fish you must stick around and catch a few before you go....

putembk

putembk

gunna hit it today, stained water here I come. I think its good for the fish the local water has been stained. Summer flows, warmer water lots of stress from fisherman during summer that's not happening this year so fish get a break. Got a nice rainbow yesterday so got to hit it today. It's like this. If your catching fish you can't leave the river. If your not catching fish you must stick around and catch a few before you go....
Why is the water stained? Are you getting that much rain? "A BAD DAY OF FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK".

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
been stained for 1 month, monsoon rains daily, a tributary to a lake that feeds the river is total chocolate due to a wash out in a feeder river. The gorge trips are pretty much mute, not worth top dollar price to float the chocolate....But nobodys fishing, caufgt one yesterday, still love to just get out and cast cast cast, love it....

K

kolah

SM, so far all I have seen were doves and road runners and geckos....but I have not had much free time to play as of yet.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Kolah,Have you been out to oatman yet?That same road if you keep following it takes you towards kingman and is a nice desert drive over sitgreaves pass elev 3652,lol,nice desert drive though.Also havasu has some interesting spots,preserves and hiking and a crazy ass bar on a dirt road in the middle of the desert called "The Desert Bar",Live music,cool people and totally off the grid,dont miss this at least once,heres a link
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-desert-bar-parker-2
The winter is the best time in the desert,everyone kind of dissapears or hunkers down when the heat is on this time of year,july,aug,september is the worst of it.

putembk

putembk

10421 1215440220423 1061354290 30692606 1297606 n

Just getting ready for the CSU/cu game this Sunday. I like cu 364 days a year but NOT this Sunday. My kid went to CSU pretty much making Boulder the bitter enemy....at least for one day. GO RAMS!!!!

K

kolah

Kolah,Have you been out to oatman yet?That same road if you keep following it takes you towards kingman and is a nice desert drive over sitgreaves pass elev 3652,lol,nice desert drive though.Also havasu has some interesting spots,preserves and hiking and a crazy ass bar on a dirt road in the middle of the desert called "The Desert Bar",Live music,cool people and totally off the grid,dont miss this at least once,heres a link
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-desert-bar-parker-2
The winter is the best time in the desert,everyone kind of dissapears or hunkers down when the heat is on this time of year,july,aug,september is the worst of it.

fuckin aye man...g-damn heat is so bad ya can;t go outside for over 10 minutes, Fish. And everyone has their g- damn windows boarded up to block the scorching sun....looks like a skit out of Twighlight Zone. It never cools down either. hell at least in CO winters you can bundle up and get outside. I know this is the worse time of year but man what a drag, lol. As Patrick Henry said " Give me Colorado or give me Death."

And it 's not even snowbird time and the number of half dead limping old fucks are everywhere....and all the parking lots have a shitload of handicap spots while others have to park miles away. I can't fukin breathe here, lol, all ya do is sit inside with the AC running 24/7. Fuck, I'm an outdoor guy and this bites ass. Did I mention sweat just pours out of your body after being outside for over 10 minutes? Nothing worse than having your fucking undies saturated with sweat...feels like ya g-damn pissed your pants.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Gonna start cooling down here real quick,fall winter and spring are best times,shorts and sandals in winter.People come out at night like vampires in the summer,lol.

summitoker

summitoker

been raining for the past 3 hours, nice and cool! I hope the intense summer heat is over. Drove over rabbit ears the other day super early and had to turn on my heater!

summitoker

summitoker

Very cool arrowheads and they look old!

Thanks. I was not even looking for them. Stopped to relax and smoke a bit, and saw the quartz head sitting right in front of me. I was super excited and started looking, found the black one about 10 feet away. I also found a broken piece of what i would think is a spear head, looks like it would have been 4-5 inches long. My friend called the little ones bird heads, but after researching them they would have been used for bigger animals like deer.

putembk

putembk

Gonna be a great up coming week in the mountains. Aspen turning, browns moving into pre spawn mode, temps will be perfect by late morning and it is pretty much left to the locals.
Taking cannarado up to fish the brown run later this month and I am going to go up and pre-fish to see where the browns are starting to make beds. They should be in full spawn mode by the middle of Oct. Nothing better that walking the river on a early fall day smoking and sticking pigs.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
  • This time of year go nowhere...if ya know what I mean...

putembk

putembk

maybe harvest time? i dont leave that much when my girls are done.
Harvest time for me as well. Big fish time to. Just have to work and fish twice as fast. lol Just got back from an exploratory trip to see if the Browns had moved on to beds. Just starting so gonna take cannarado up next week for some good brown action and just maybe will try to work in a smoke or two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom