Colorado outdoor activities.

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Hit river last wed. A few 12 to 14 inchers and 2 really nice fat rainbows 20 inches plus hit stripped wooly buggers like a freight train. Love the streamer action this time of year. both fish ran me into the backing. Next day rain stained river once again...Just love the way they hit streamers, rod almost jerked out of hand...got into it while the getting was good..
How's the action ur way Pute???

putembk

putembk

Glad you asked C. Big Brown time now on the home waters around here. The bigger, smarter Brown Trout that keep well hidden under normal conditions can't help but show themselves now. Same thing that gets us all in trouble. A strange piece of ass. Mating season makes all species reckless and a little bit crazy. Fish you normally never see are sitting in 6" of water right now because nature demands it. Easy pickens for someone who knows: where, when and what is going on. Caught a couple of nice male Browns this week, waiting for the female hogs to move in and show themselves and they will.
Sadly for me that is just about it for the year as far as fishing goes. Will be much to busy with the goings on around here. Good year all in all, lots of big fish as well as many beautiful days on the water. Now, soon, it will be time to wait.....wait.... for another year of waiting for a fish to rise.

putembk

putembk

Index

putembk

putembk

Rough day. Fish weren't where they were supposed to be. Thinking they were part of the gov't shutdown as well. Beautiful day, walked our asses off and saw no fish at all. Had to drive over to the Blue and fish below Dillon. Caught a few there but over all lots of work...shit happens. Only good thing is I will live to do it again.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
at least you got out swamped here with WORK!!!
River should clear next week then its........... FISHON!!!!!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
hitting Never sink on the gunnie all day it's fishon......
Reports of salmon, and fat rainbows.....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
hitting Never sink on the gunnie all day it's fishon......
Reports of salmon, and fat rainbows.....

Kind of slow. Got nice rainbow off the bat on cadiss nymph, then slow. Afternoon tied on green beaded wooly bugger weighted down for deep strip and hooked into a huge monster.
That fish slammed that bugger hard as hell and ran deep up stream and back down reel singing 6 wt St Croux 9 ft. Bank robber streamer rod bent to max. The fish must have wrapped line around rock or branch deep as line was snagged and despite efforts to free line broke. I saw a brief flash, that monster was 25 inches plus easy fighting mad as hell felt like an anvil on end of line.
The memory of the river yesterday brings tears to my eyes. all day long it was me and 2 buddies, 1 boat drifted by so we had this clear incredible waters all to our selfs. the fall colors were on, and the day was over in a flash.
Days like that make life worth living. I know for sure spending time on the river keeps me sharp. Been fishing with more than kids 1/2 my age, they tell me it's amazing for anyone of any age to cover as much water wading as I do. The mind needs to be excercised like the body. balancing all day on slippery rocks, casting, constantly thinking being one with the river and loving every minute keeps one sharp. I will live forever keeping this up''''

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Back out there for couple hrs. 4 nice browns on streamer, Autum splendor...

vaporedout

vaporedout

where ya fishin? we will be there this weekend coming up. got the final odds and ends tied up so here we come, id love to try to hit up some fishin before it gets to late.

ttystikk

ttystikk

It is said that we have a certain number of days to enjoy this Earth, but the days spent fishing aren't counted...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Gunnison river kinda nasty next 2 days

Latest posts

Top Bottom