Colorado Outdoor Greenhouse Big Plant

• Thread starter GreenTrees88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Underthesun

Underthesun

Looking great, blown up in the last few weeks. Wishing you a nice warm and extended summer to finish them out nicely.

scoop

scoop

Glad to see all is going well. Any further "interest" from the county?

Hopefully the weather will treat us all well for the finish. It's a serious coin toss up here as to what October will bring...

good luck!

G

GreenTrees88

Glad to see all is going well. Any further "interest" from the county?

Hopefully the weather will treat us all well for the finish. It's a serious coin toss up here as to what October will bring...

good luck!
No further interest from the county. Send good vibes and keep your fingers crossed.

scoop

scoop

I think they may be a bit busy with the illegal forest grows and the general mayhem "the industry" is bringing to the table.

Gotta love that shit show 'cus it takes the eyes off the rest of us. Good luck, Trees!

G

GreenTrees88

Met with the sheriff yesterday! Showed up at the grow to check paperwork. By there own regulations they are suppose to call and give 24 hours notice, but who would ever think cops follow the rules. Anyway, all is good.

G

GreenTrees88

The purple crack was done before anything else this year, but the plant was small. I would like to hear from any outdoor growers this year. What is your biggest and earliest outdoor plant?

M

mendel

My biggest outdoor plant is a long bottom leaf by loran, and my earliest selection is Hindu kush. We start harvie Sunday.

Icristal

Icristal

My biggest outdoor plant is a TOGC x WCD still growing, my smallest was a Cherry Picker which I have started harvesting today.

souf69

souf69

Biggest is Mob.smallest is mob. Earliest finisher is a grapefruit cut.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Colorado has not so good light hrs that is your biggest down fall i mean when do you guys stick them out ??? last week of may ??? any sooner you fall for clones flipping to flower then stuck with a plant re vegging which kills time .. then you have at most 12 weeks of veg before they start to flip in first week of august ...
Does this sound right ??? i mean max daylight you get is 14.8 hrs and that is only for 2 weeks by August your at triggering flower

Underthesun

Underthesun

Colorado has not so good light hrs that is your biggest down fall i mean when do you guys stick them out ??? last week of may ??? any sooner you fall for clones flipping to flower then stuck with a plant re vegging which kills time .. then you have at most 12 weeks of veg before they start to flip in first week of august ...
Does this sound right ??? i mean max daylight you get is 14.8 hrs and that is only for 2 weeks by August your at triggering flower

I usually pop beans anywhere from April 20 to late May. I don't use any lights even with my seedlings, just a heated greenhouse. They don't grow very fast until July though. But from then on they put on growth for sure. I usually have my plants start flowering late July, early August but they still put on most of their growth after that point. I never deal with reveg. Yeild is great for me in my little 110 sf greenhouse and quality is amazing....so CO can get it done no doubt about it. As far as quality goes. I'd be hesistant to say we can grow as big of trees as they can in Northern Cali though. Someone probably can grow some 5lb ers around CO outdoors, I Just don't have the space and my climate in northern CO would be tough. But down in SO CO it would be possible I'd imagine, or out on the eastern plains. (That real-estate is cheap by the way).

This year my biggest plant is Mamboe, but its still a few weeks out at least. My earliest finisher is Stateline, could be ready for chop now but I'm waiting another week or two. Its a decent size plant for a 40 gallon bed. All my seeds are from 14er in Boulder, I'm pleased so far. Happy harvest!

scoop

scoop

I set my plants out June 5th but I kept a light on them 2 hours per night @ 3AM til the solstice. FWIW I probably won't do that again. Definitely made for BIG plants....but has also set things back to where we're starting to see lows temps at times in the mid 30's. Now I'm on cover/uncover duty every night/AM... but hey...it's all part of the game here in the mountains.

Biggest plant is a Cherry Slyder crossed with God knows what. An errant pollination in a small GH about 10 years ago yielded a bevy of seeds...all of which have been female. (haven't found the true Cherry/menthol pheno yet though) She is also the slowest to flower. I REALLY underestimated size/spacing this year. I've never had any plants get this large before.

Fastest flower is probably Raskal's White Urkle or Purple Tahoe Alien. Neither is truly "done" for my tastes... though I'm also not trying to get my buds to market/etc. I'll be letting my plants go as long as possible as I'm making hash with a good portion of it. The Cherry Slyder will likely end up under wraps with a heater if we start seeing consistent nighttime freezing temps. She has a good month left from the looks of it. We will see....
IMG 0108
IMG 0109

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

That is the problem i have but i grow way up northern Canada 56 Degree N lat i get the sunlight and produce trees like Cali but my down fall is when i let plants go naturally they start to flip first week of Sept by mid September like i have now temps are 1 degree with day time 15 - 18 degrees C or 32 - 33 F at night and 59 - 65 during the day but the problem last year was few days sunlight rest over cast ,, i am in search of the finisher in end of sept or mid oct
So every year i let them go naturally to just see what is what
this years is a new creation Mendo purps x purple train wreck and pretty sure she will be like the rest a light dep plant to finish 100 percent
I usually chop second frost
but this year being on mother natures time who the hell knows whats going to happen

As for my Biggest plant and what your looking for scoop is the cherry pie menthol the true pheno i have it :) last years plant grew about 12 - 13 feet tall and same wide it is extremely good in harsh climates .
And stable she went through hell and no nanners or hermie
here is the true cherry pie i got about 8 plants going now green house light dep this is the the mother grown from seed topped once and cropped 2 times and left to do her thing ..
that i passed to friends to keep it alive as i breed and look for my climate strain ..
PS Harvested Nov 14th 4.5 pounds of good product. and little over a pound of larf which ended up as oils , lotions
This cherry pie is highly sought after it can handle cold mold resistant and is a keeper in my stable top notch medicine :)
Med gallery 11738 4908 1349608
Med gallery 11738 4908 1266298
Med gallery 11738 4908 749397
Gallery 11738 4908 927655
Close up
IMG3405

scoop

scoop

I had the Cherry Pie clone down here and ran her outside 3 seasons ago. Was OK....produced well....but not my thing as far as flowers go. She did make decent hash though.

The plant above is a Cherry Slyder offshoot....seeds were taken from a pollinated plant of Skitty's cut I was running about 10 years ago. This cut is VERY cherry with a menthol'ish exhale. I'm sure a few folks here know what I'm talking about.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Down fall for the cherry is the og style of nugs but i know exactly what your talking about the plant even has a menthol smell to it when getting up n personal with the buds its smooth smoke you can take the biggest hit and no cough lock
IMG3290
IMG3297

scoop

scoop

Sorry for the hijack, trees.....
Did you get those 2 cold nights down that way last week? Was 33F and 35F here. No damage...but damn...shit like that will rattle the nerves, for sure. If we can make it through the weekend it looks like another 10 day stint of decent weather with nighttime temps just above the frost point....

Do you have help to get all of those down if needed? You definitely have far more goin on than I do and I know i'll be scrambling when the time comes. Wowsir. Best of luck!

Saw you ask Blaze to take a look and make recommendations/etc. Does anything stick out for you that you would change next year? I am questioning the pot sizes here. I have 5 in 65 gal smarties....and 2 that remained in their 20-25 gallon veg pots.....though i did cut the bottom out of them so they might send roots into the ground/etc. either way....while the 65's are producing a bit more...I'm not sure on a large scale that we have the veg time/etc here to warrant such large containers. Your thoughts after doing the 100's? I may go back to 25's.....45's at most cus I don't see 3X the bud on the 65's vs. the 25's.

Overall...minus losing 2 plants to an unknown event....I'm a happy camper here. Did your garden perform as well as you'd expected? If you can...will you let yours go.....or are you heading into harvest?

Hope all is well...... scoop

Underthesun

Underthesun

Sorry for the hijack, trees.....
Did you get those 2 cold nights down that way last week? Was 33F and 35F here. No damage...but damn...shit like that will rattle the nerves, for sure. If we can make it through the weekend it looks like another 10 day stint of decent weather with nighttime temps just above the frost point....

Do you have help to get all of those down if needed? You definitely have far more goin on than I do and I know i'll be scrambling when the time comes. Wowsir. Best of luck!

Saw you ask Blaze to take a look and make recommendations/etc. Does anything stick out for you that you would change next year? I am questioning the pot sizes here. I have 5 in 65 gal smarties....and 2 that remained in their 20-25 gallon veg pots.....though i did cut the bottom out of them so they might send roots into the ground/etc. either way....while the 65's are producing a bit more...I'm not sure on a large scale that we have the veg time/etc here to warrant such large containers. Your thoughts after doing the 100's? I may go back to 25's.....45's at most cus I don't see 3X the bud on the 65's vs. the 25's.

Overall...minus losing 2 plants to an unknown event....I'm a happy camper here. Did your garden perform as well as you'd expected? If you can...will you let yours go.....or are you heading into harvest?

Hope all is well...... scoop

Scoop, glad you mentioned pot size. Over the last few years I have been increasing my pot size. My 40 gallon beds produce about 75-85% of what my 250 gallon bed can do. I agree with the veg time and it doesn't make 'much' of a difference having a huge pot. Also being in a small greenhouse my smaller beds leave me with more managable plants. Plus my small beds flower earlier and are done a few weeks sooner. Less money, almost as good as yeild and done earlier; that is a win for me.

Top Bottom