Colorado Outdoor Greenhouse Big Plant

• Thread starter GreenTrees88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
souf69

souf69

I water when it is necessary, not by some schedule or set plan ;that's just silly sometimes. Get to know your pots, feel em out without digging. If I were setup all coco, rockwool, hydroish setup; only then would I setup timers and auto feeds. And of course calibrated to plant root mass... Pots size means nothing if your not in control.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I water when it is necessary, not by some schedule or set plan that's just silly sometimes. Get to know your pots, feel em out without digging. If I were setup all coco, rockwool, hydroish setup; only then would I setup timers and auto feeds. And of course calibrated to plant root mass... Pots size means nothing if your not in control.
Well said. I go by a gut feeling on how much water to use for certain plants. Some want more and some want less. Get to know your plants :). (The truth )

G

GreenTrees88

I have production loaded trucks alot. Like 1000's of loads and if you buy it by the yard they cheat you. I would load base out, it was by the yard, I was really high and no truck ever got the exact same amount. Bad ass grow good luck
Thanks for posting Cali clouds. I had them bring out another '20 yards'and it filled up only 9 pots. I do fill them to 22 inches, knowing that they will compact. So I now going to order another 20 yards for a total of 200. Added to the 200 yards is approximately 15-20 yards of perlite.
All of this is going into 99 pots that are 6 feet accross=373 gallons or 1.83 yards. 99 pots x 1.83(per pot)=15 yards perlite=196 yards. I'm hoping that I'll forget all about it come late September!

G

GreenTrees88

I water when it is necessary, not by some schedule or set plan ;that's just silly sometimes. Get to know your pots, feel em out without digging. If I were setup all coco, rockwool, hydroish setup; only then would I setup timers and auto feeds. And of course calibrated to plant root mass... Pots size means nothing if your not in control.
Thanks for the reply. You are right, it's best to know your plants. Mine are quite a drive from me, so I just wanted a fail safe in case I couldn't make it up.

papapayne

papapayne

subbed up for the ride, should be a good one!

I thought I was sore after filling my 200s lol. thats some work there! Anyway, I cant wait to see it unfold. Best of luck in the season

stay free stay high

papa

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I just did the yardage calc and I don't want to say anyone is wrong or anything but I got 190 yards to fill 99-6 foot pots @22" before any settling so maybe your dirt guy is a lil more honest then the guys I have worked with. Oh yeah and you are kicking ass on the price of perlite. That shit is a fortune at the hydro store. $45 for a 4 cu. Ft bag. I feel like I'm getting raped after seeing your cost

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Replace your perlite with rice hulls and you may never look back. They're a fraction of the cost of perlite.

Blaze

Blaze

Replace your perlite with rice hulls and you may never look back. They're a fraction of the cost of perlite.
I second this, rice hulls are a great addition (just don't over do them!). They also add silica to the soil. Perlite is expensive, does not add anything to the soil, and has a tendency to float to the soil surface over time.

Underthesun

Underthesun

I second this, rice hulls are a great addition (just don't over do them!). They also add silica to the soil. Perlite is expensive, does not add anything to the soil, and has a tendency to float to the soil surface over time.
What happens is you over do them?

Blaze

Blaze

Agriculture supply stores usually. Peacefully Valley sells them as does Ag Unlimited, and you can order them online as well. I use the PBH Natures Media from Riceland Foods Inc - OMRI listed and inexpensive.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I get mine from the local feed shop, sold as animal bedding. There is some sprouting, doesn't really bother me.

papapayne

papapayne

I haven't found any up here in oregon, probably just wrong climste. We can get walnut and Filbert shell mulch though for damn near free.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Oregon has lots of breweries, I bet the brew supply shops have them...more expensive than the feed shops though.

L

Louisiana

I am creating this thread to detail my experience growing outdoor in the beautiful State of Colorado. I'm hoping to give and receive positive, creative and educated advice and knowledge of the medicine we all love.
Looking for friend in Colorado I'm in Louisiana

G

GreenTrees88

I just did the yardage calc and I don't want to say anyone is wrong or anything but I got 190 yards to fill 99-6 foot pots @22" before any settling so maybe your dirt guy is a lil more honest then the guys I have worked with. Oh yeah and you are kicking ass on the price of perlite. That shit is a fortune at the hydro store. $45 for a 4 cu. Ft bag. I feel like I'm getting raped after seeing your cost
$45 a bag! Wow. Sorry. The guy told me the raw material comes out of NM. Your guy must be making $$

Top Bottom