Colorado Outdoor Greenhouse Big Plant

• Thread starter GreenTrees88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GreenTrees88

We got most of the plants in the pots over the last few days, under the full moon. Most of the plants where 2-3 foot tall. I had a local guy grow the clones that I wanted in the soil that I wanted.
It was more work than I anticipated, since we had a fence to put up also. I have to give thanks to a couple of good guys that gave up their weekend to help.

L

Louisiana

Well I am also not looking like that but I'm looking for someone to help me locate some quality when I'm in Colorado in a few weeks that's all I intend to visit monthly there after

Underthesun

Underthesun

Well I am also not looking like that but I'm looking for someone to help me locate some quality when I'm in Colorado in a few weeks that's all I intend to visit monthly there after

Cough..cough, po..cough..leese...cough

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Cough fed cough fed

L

Louisiana

Rea
Haha nah that means I'm not dumb enough to end up in the pin #thuglife[/. Lmao I don't belive people no such of sort hear or no where around it's called an ex wife found out I was not bringing vegatables back from garden gets nosey and the rest is a lesson learned. Peace mean no harm just trying to meet good people that's all

G

GreenTrees88

I want to get some personal experience from other Colorado growers on their Botrytis/Powdery Mildew on plants grown outside. I don't have this and hope I don't, but I want to be prepared. How prevalent is it in dry Colorado? What have you done to prevent? What have you done to combat it if you get it.

papapayne

papapayne

Powder mildew hates wind and sunlight In oregon it's very common as blackberries carry the same strain of pm that attacks cannabis. Neem is a great preventive, green cure helps fight it if you get it. Sulfur burner as the end all.

Clean room, dialed in environment, cleaning the inners on outdoor plants, and high air circulation and quality strains. That's the ticket!

papapayne

papapayne

Once a plant has shown pm, all cuts taken from the infected plant have the fungi living inside them, so whenever the ideal conditions present, the pm can bloom. The part we see on the leaves is simply the fruit, the roots and fungi live inside the plant tissue.

Genetics, and preventive are best bets.

papapayne

papapayne

Bud rot caused botrytris is a cut that shit out asap solution lol. Once it starts, it just marches on and on. Usually starts where bud worms feed, or if a yellow leaf in the bud isn't pulled out and starts rotting. Or direct rain, cold wet humidity, fog, dew, rain etc.

I can't speak to colorado conditipns, but oregon is just climate. Take the plants as deep into flower as weather allows, I generally plan to chop Prestorm if there's 4 or more heavy fall days forecasted. I've heard there's a spray that helps prevent rot if sprayed right before storm, personally I won't spray anything on buds. So can't speak to that.

Again, genetics are huge here. Some can be rained on, and not get a spot of rot. Others, if dew hits em start melting.

G

GreenTrees88

Bud rot caused botrytris is a cut that shit out asap solution lol. Once it starts, it just marches on and on. Usually starts where bud worms feed, or if a yellow leaf in the bud isn't pulled out and starts rotting. Or direct rain, cold wet humidity, fog, dew, rain etc.

I can't speak to colorado conditipns, but oregon is just climate. Take the plants as deep into flower as weather allows, I generally plan to chop Prestorm if there's 4 or more heavy fall days forecasted. I've heard there's a spray that helps prevent rot if sprayed right before storm, personally I won't spray anything on buds. So can't speak to that.

Again, genetics are huge here. Some can be rained on, and not get a spot of rot. Others, if dew hits em start melting.
Thanks for the info papayne. We have plenty of sun here in Colorado and I might have a little to much wind up on the mountain. It appears that the wind is causing the leaves to curl and dry out. Not good. Has anyone had experience with this happening?

scoop

scoop

Bump. Thought I'd see WTF has happened over the last few (very warm) days. I hope things righted for you.

papapayne

papapayne

Thanks for the info papayne. We have plenty of sun here in Colorado and I might have a little to much wind up on the mountain. It appears that the wind is causing the leaves to curl and dry out. Not good. Has anyone had experience with this happening?

Are you using a silica product? Silica can definitely help to strength the cell walls, cellulose in the plant tissues, and make them sturdier vs wind. Also helps make more bud-sites.

papapayne

papapayne

if not, dyna grow has imo the best silica product for non organic, think its 8% silica per volume compared to botianacares 2%.

It must be used separate though, and ph to 7 or higher (silica is not absorbed at under 7 ph)

If you are doing organic - I believe the best sources for organic silica are kelp based, and also insect frash, or insect chitin, or diatomaceous earth

G

GreenTrees88

if not, dyna grow has imo the best silica product for non organic, think its 8% silica per volume compared to botianacares 2%.

It must be used separate though, and ph to 7 or higher (silica is not absorbed at under 7 ph)

If you are doing organic - I believe the best sources for organic silica are kelp based, and also insect frash, or insect chitin, or diatomaceous earth
Nice call papapayne. I got the silica and added it yesterday.

Top Bottom