Colorado People

• Thread starter ttystikk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

At the risk of telling everyone what the real secrecy to living in Colorado is, I thought I'd share a few stories about why I live here, instead of anywhere else in this country.

Once, I was hitchhiking home in a snowstorm. I stuck my thumb out and TWO SUVs pulled over to give me a ride.

Another time I was pulled over by the side of the road, my car was having some electrical issue. THREE different cars full of people stopped to offer assistance.

I used to ride my bike around the Denver metro area for exercise. One time I'd pushed a little too hard, so I laid down in the grass next to my bike to relax. I couldn't; too many people saw the bike and me all splayed out and kept asking if I needed help or medical attention!

I have a mechanic here in town, does radiator work for his main line of business. He's helped me with thousands of dollars' worth of repairs and advice over the years, and when I stop in for a radiator top up or some such, he often refuses to charge me. So I refuse to let his services go unrewarded and leave a twenty on his desk...

ttystikk

ttystikk

And then there's the mmj people. I have lost track of how many people have gifted me strains, given advice, pitched me a great deal, come up with *exactly* the needed part at 3am on a Sunday...

So when someone needs a favor, I'm there first, ask what they can do for me later. Seems to be a good way to make friends, too!

This is why I'm here, both in Colorado and in this industry.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Like minded peoples in our area, organic farmers, live and let live, no crime, no traffic, no smog, the best food in the world, lots of water in a high mountain desert., peace and quite....
When I take local road trips to thru magnificent scenery there's little traffic, when I fish what I call my river I can have miles all to myself.
We do what we do because its our passion. Our lifestyle is not for everybody and that's a good thing......But for us it's the only way now that weve come this far....

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

Sounds like the promised land to me!

Probably what will ruin it though eventually. :(

ttystikk

ttystikk

Born n raised up in this motha..... Some of the best growers and brewers in the world here... Maybe its the water? Who knows.. Oh, and a Colorado company took first place in Amsterdams hash contest this year!

And those are all awesome, great accomplishments- but I was talking about the people here. Everyone's walking around with a smile on their face... and not everyone is high here... are we?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Like minded peoples in our area, organic farmers, live and let live, no crime, no traffic, no smog, the best food in the world, lots of water in a high mountain desert., peace and quite....
When I take local road trips to thru magnificent scenery there's little traffic, when I fish what I call my river I can have miles all to myself.
We do what we do because its our passion. Our lifestyle is not for everybody and that's a good thing......But for us it's the only way now that weve come this far....

It's people like your neighbors I'm talking about. This isn't uncommon in rural areas across the world- let alone here in the States- but it's much less common in more urban, 'trendy' places.

souf69

souf69

My bad, got off topic. The scenery is untouchable, most of the people here are pretty awesome!

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I like walking into friends houses at sunset and there's always awesome food being made - and ALWAYS plenty to share. It's like no one in this state cooks less than 6 servings of anything...so good.

I REALLY like getting my food from farmers down the road, and having multiple options in town for some truly local dining.

I love watching other people's weed grow, and I love smoking it with them. Same with mine.

I like how everyone in colorado has a fucking awesome dog. even the rich people have awesome dogs no little yippy things.

There's too much awesome in this state to write so I'm just gonna can it up...secrets are secrets...

ttystikk

ttystikk

@We Solidarity That's right, don't say too much... people might think we like it here or something.

20130806 030500

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Great thread, TY. I share similar experiences, and this reminded me why I absolutely LOVED arriving here from Nazi-controlled MI/IN in 1996.
With all the drama lately, I needed this thread.
Thanks Tystikk, and thanks, Colorado!

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

I love Colorado and have lived here since '89 from New York. Beautiful mountains, the dankest kind bud and mostly chill ass people.
After traveling all around the world....it always feels great to come home to mountain fresh air, some good sticky icky weed and a micro brew like Sunshine Wheat! Plus, we do get over 300 days of sun a year and that does generally make people a lot happier.

fractaLz

fractaLz

I LOVE Colorado, and I personally think it has the best scene right now. I had a chance to visit over Labor Day weekend, I'm still missing the atmosphere and good people.

K

kolah

Good post, Tyy. I too have a love affair wth CO, the views, the people, the weather, etc. It's the only place I want to be and I'll die here. With the current MJ laws, I hope more MJ friendly folks move here. Power to the people.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I love Colorado and have lived here since '89 from New York. Beautiful mountains, the dankest kind bud and mostly chill ass people.
After traveling all around the world....it always feels great to come home to mountain fresh air, some good sticky icky weed and a micro brew like Sunshine Wheat! Plus, we do get over 300 days of sun a year and that does generally make people a lot happier.

Fresh mountain air, and when we talk about local beer, it gets kinda like a growers conversation; "where did THEIR hops come from, dude?" Another similarity is that the concept of 'localness' takes on new dimensions; does local mean brewed (or grown) in the same state? County? City? ZIPCODE?! Because we've got options for all of that here!

My favorite local brew- well, favorite, period, so I'm lucky we live near each other- is O'Dell's Cutthroat Porter. Perfection, no glass required. I'm just not gonna tell tell you HOW local it is to me, lol.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I LOVE Colorado, and I personally think it has the best scene right now. I had a chance to visit over Labor Day weekend, I'm still missing the atmosphere and good people.

Come on back, we'd be glad to have you-

ttystikk

ttystikk

Good post, Tyy. I too have a love affair wth CO, the views, the people, the weather, etc. It's the only place I want to be and I'll die here. With the current MJ laws, I hope more MJ friendly folks move here. Power to the people.

Hear, hear, hear... and here!

Colorado- where the phrase 'high country' takes on new meaning!

vaporedout

vaporedout

weve been here a month and have had a great time. eveytime i walk out of my apartment or work im hit in the face with beautiful mountains. yesterday i got off work and the moon was just ducking behind the mountains with soft red lined clouds. we moved from cali and only saw deer on tv, now im seeing them daily and they seem to live just as peacefully as the rest of us. the first day i was here i met a wax maker. i brought my cali weed and we made some wax. he loved seeing cali outdoor, said it was strange lookin :) (size) i havent gone sight seeing yet because of the move and new job but im gettin itchy. i hear garden of the gods is a nice drive to take. the other day at safeway i was purchasing some stuff, my check hadnt cleared my bank so my atm wasnt working. i had 26 dollars on me and my bill was 28.95, i looked at my bags to take something off and she said "ill just add a coupon or two for you" ive done that when i was a cashier in cali, but ive never had that done for me. so cool!!! and most people are chill here, still have my cali plates on and ive actually gotten "welcome to the springs" hahaha and i couldnt believe my eyes as im waiting for my food at a fast food place, i see a bikini coffee shop...... classic, cracks me up. i bet the coffees are 9 bucks, ohhh and they only take cash ;)

Top Bottom